One Year and Under Club Part 47

Old 08-21-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just checkin in before womp.
Hope everyone has a nice day
Old 08-21-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Ive been absent a little more than usual..thank you everyone for congrats on my 30! Dear God: Please give me 30 more. I had a little bit of down and a lot of up which is unusual so I am doing well. A lot of physical changes going on and I know I am not alone. Some a pretty gripping and some subside fairly quickly. Things as a whole are getting better everyday. I'll stick with that! Going to lunch..chat later! Have a great day everyone and prayers to anyone going through the down time! Stick with us..we are pretty good folks here!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Great to see new Undies and anniversaries!

Old 08-21-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Drake - It's great to see you! I enjoy following how well you're handling life's ups and downs.

BoozeFree - Finding the courage to do something different may give you just the boost you need. The steps of my journey have felt steep at times, too. Hearing what works for other people has helped me a lot.

Amp - Congratulations on 1/3 of a year sober, and on finding a way that's meaningful for you to celebrate it. My desperation point was in a far less glamorous setting! I didn't realize at the time that my life had become a blur. I don't fully remember which hotel chain I was staying in, or which city, but I DO remember that, like everyone else who realizes they're an alcoholic, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Casey - I'm glad you're enjoying a comfortable sober routine.

KeyofC - I'm glad you're overall feeling well in sobriety. I hope the physical issues are transient and no big deal for you.

Carlos - I so agree with your points about perception and the present tense.

Tonight I skipped out of my usual Friday night meeting in favor of dinner and a movie with my 11 and 9 year old. We had a blast! It's important for me to go to meetings. It's because of the growth and support of meetings (and SR) that I've been able to reemerge and enjoy this life. My life is so much better for quitting drinking -- no one needs to inundate their brains and bodies with poison -- but more than anything else from embracing a new way of life in recovery.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

I am glad you got out and enjoyed your kids, Glee!
Old 08-22-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Good morning, Undies!

It's been a little quiet here again... I hope all of you are well.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Saskia, It has been awful quiet in this forum, I agree..on my end I'll elaborate. As a whole, yes my life is getting better. I've noticed in my sobriety when the bad clouds come around I cling to looking at the whole picture to keep things positive. Daily I struggle with not letting myself cross over to the negative side. That's where the AV lives and I don't want to live with that person anymore. I thought the longer I went without alcohol the better it would get. As a whole, yes it is. That's why I make myself look at that and each individual thing that happens I pray and pray and pray for my HP to help me get through it. It's the little things and how I have let myself think about things in my disease that I have to clear out. I don't want any more junk in my trunk! Lol
If this helps someone then I am grateful that my craziness can make sense to someone..Lol Just a thought..
Old 08-22-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

GF dinner and a movie sound fun. What did you go see?

Last day of womp this week then it's my weekend. Not sure what I will be up to for the weekend. Probably hang with one of my sober friends a bit or just relax at home.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Quick check-in to keep me accountable. Starting day 107. Running out the door now to get something to eat as I am starving. All is well here! Will check back in later when I have more time.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I'm on vacation in a hotel. I was walking and I saw the bellman and the guy in the room next door in the hall. I saw two big cases of beer on the cart. The bellman said, "Sir, a twelve pack fell off outside and broke. We'll be happy to get you anything you want!"

The guy looked rather put out!

How much beer does one guy need? I hope he's not going to have a big party next to me!
Old 08-22-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
My friend and I randomly decided to fly to Vegas tonight so at the airport waiting to head over.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a nice sober weekend BF

D
Old 08-22-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Have a safe and sober trip, BoozeFree.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Have a nice trip BF

We're set for a scorcher here in northern UK (by that I mean about 20 Celsius!), so I'm putting on a bbq this afternoon.

39 days sober today and feeling good
Old 08-23-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hope you win big, BF!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Enjoy, BF!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hey Gilmer...I posted on 24 hr thread for 1st time in a long time and saw your post from Bedford Springs. I love that place. Amazing resort and golf course. My oldest daughter had her wedding there on the grand staircase landing.

Hey undies...happy Sunday.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Just over 2 months sober so thought I'd stick my toe into the water here. Our June daily group has been very quiet. Enjoyed the new Mission Impossible movie last night with my wife - fun and entertaining. People have issues with Tom Cruise and I can understand that but he is still the best 'big name' action movie star around. Incredible action sequences and he does practically all the stunts himself. Anyway back to the point: the couple in front of us were sharing a bottle of wine - one of those theaters where you can buy and consume over-priced food and booze. I did not feel like rushing out and getting a craft beer for myself & the missus - which would have been the case a few months ago. Perfectly ok with water and popcorn and staying sharp to enjoy every moment of the film. Felt good driving back 100% stone cold sober too!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hi, Carlos! You are right: this place is amazing. Today will be spa day all day for my daughters and me!

What a beautiful place for a wedding!

And guess what I tried for the first time yesterday? Yoga!

I wasn't too great at the balancing, but I sure did love lying on the cushion at the end!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi, Joe! Good for you!

I could not believe it when I saw new theatres going up that had alcohol service as their main selling point! Good for you for resisting. I'm glad you weren't even tempted!