Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 19

Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer , hopefully it will get better. I'm really happy for you that things are good with your kids :-) it gives me hope that this will happen for me too xxx
Old 07-30-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Snoozy. How old is your eldest? I'm sure she will come around. And I'm sure she is proud of you for being sober now xxx
Old 07-30-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Won't post my days as it is embarrassing to be on Day 5 again.
As far as posting counts go, do whatever feels right for you, but day five is nothing to be embarrassed about. We're all addicts here. We've all relapsed. Numerous times. Some of us while we were here on SR, some of us out in the world, most of us both.

When I got to day 70 this time (aka one day more than I'd achieved my first time here with the Class of July 2013) I went back and looked through old posts here on SR and found out I'd joined eight different classes over a two year span--actually seven of those classes came in an eight month span with the eighth class, of course, being my original one right here. From November 2014 through May 2015, I joined every class except February 2015. I found nine "day one" posts in those classes. And that's not counting the dozens of other day ones during that same time span where I wasn't honest or willing enough to come here to SR looking for support.

I'm not embarrassed about any of those relapses now. At least I kept trying and eventually I found my groove and the right tools, just like you're doing right now.

You've got this, ladybug! Just keep doing and building on today what you did yesterday and those one day at a times will keep piling up. If I can quit drinking, anyone can. We're rooting for you!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks, Casey I really do appreciate the help and encouragement you've given me. You and everyone else here are keeping me focused and determined to keep fighting.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Yeah, I agree SW, I know your heart is in the right place and it was well-intentioned, that's why I knew you'd try and be nice and congratulate me in the future, just wanted to give you a heads up I'm all good...don't worry, I'm a bit quirky. I've already said that.

If you ever think a post of mine is too direct, err on the side of caution and it's usually well-intentioned. All good.

Hope your therapy goes well and yes, I am facing my one last hurdle of facing the root cause of why I originally drank too much. I would like to share here at some point, but it's pretty heavy stuff, but on the upside, I feel like I'm breaking free. Finally. I hope you see your therapy like that soon too, SW. As painful as it is...hopefully it's a key that opens a good door in time.

Ladybug...uggh, that is baffling, for sure. When we know the logic of why we shouldn't drink. Then, like a bloody robot, we choose to ignore it.

Snooz, you are right - boy those kids don't forget...and it's not even so much as what they say about your drinking, but you know all those little barbs here and there may have not been so harsh had you not drank. That being said, I have a friend who does not have a drinking problem and her girls are equally prone to obnoxiousness at times. The gift of girls! lol.

I think the biggest transition for my kids is I actually remember things now...that can stump them sometimes! lol.

Thanks Croiss ive tried to put a hug but im on my phone and it isnt loading but hugs croiss i understand deep roots and yes i will hopefully feel free of that pain. i think my cousin taking his life less than a month ago has had more of an effect on me than im realising the day i spoke about it to the therapist is the same day i finally cried

ive had a great day today surprised mrs sw by picking her up from work with my dog she was stoked our dog was happy too

Sorry im not posting like before i only have a phone my bil is going to try to repair the tablet and were going to buy a new one anyway

Hello to all the julyers have a nice evening and thank you croiss
Old 07-30-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ladybug you are awesome your a julyer
Casey i feel needs a special mention as i think you are amazing you really are

My 21 yr old neice is popping round so thats nice unexpected but nice

Spk soon guys
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Do your best

My neice just left it was fantastic seeing her i showed her all the stuff ive done since she seen me last and hertelling me how happy she is made my day

weve decided on doing a bbq sometime soon and i was so amazed at how good she is doing

gave her some of the rosemary we grow and yeah that was great
Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sounds like a lovely day, soberwolf.

I just got out of a movie--went to see Ant-Man. It was nothing great but enjoyable enough. Glad I went. A good escape for two hours. It's always kinda neat to spend two hours in another world in a dark movie theater and then get that overwhelming amount of sunlight when you first walk back out into the real world.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good evening all my July friends, just spent a good hour reading through the last few pages.
I hope you are all well x
Old 07-30-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Do your best

My neice sent me a text wants to spend more time with me tomorrow its been a really nice day.

Hello to Ladybug, Bob, Pete, D, Venus, Leigh, Gilmer, Mags, Hunt, Ncg, Snooz, Croiss & Casey

Goodnight julyers
Old 07-30-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pete and everyone. Hope everyone's doing well

D
Old 07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Hi all , I just popped in to read some posts . Seeing as though I'm really a newbie to SR .. I'm feeling kind of out of place . Well you know kind of in limbo LOL Two years sober but, just a few days here .
I like to play the games , and messing up . Either I'm jumping in too soon or too late . I'm slow at typing sometimes I get logged out (run out of time ) before I get the post done
I know it's probably no Biggie .
I haven't tried going into the July 2015 Class yet . No worries I've always been kind of a loner of sorts . That's was mainly why I got into drinking in the first place . Didn't want anyone thinking I was ( stuck up ) < -- for lack of a better word Oh No .. LOL
Have a Good night All
Old 07-30-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi, Nest!
Old 07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hi nest, good of you to join us, welcome!
Old 07-30-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Good news SW, glad you had a good day =]
Old 07-30-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for asking D ive had a really nice day

Hi Nest i made the same mistakes on the games dont feel out of place your a julyer the games help me with a lot of things i dont do soduku but i do play the interactive games

fwiw im glad your here
Old 07-30-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you checked in, NestWasEmpty. One of the tools that has helped me in my recovery has been getting involved here on SR. Besides these class threads, I usually spend at least a few minutes every morning reading in the Newcomers forum and trying to reply to as many newer threads as I can--especially those from people introducing themselves for the first time who are still struggling with their addiction. Sometimes I have actual advice or words of possible wisdom to offer them, sometimes all I can say is "Welcome and I hope you participate regularly." But hopefully even those responses help someone by letting them know that their voice is being heard. And putting myself out there has helped build some accountability to myself and to others here and thus has tremendously helped my own recovery.

I don't think anyone on the games threads cares about mistakes like you talked about. They've all done the same thing at some point. That whole forum is just for fun, nothing to get upset about.

Hope you and all the other Julyers who haven't checked in yet today are having a nice day...
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please never feel unwelcome here NWE.
Everyone of us has been new here at one time or another

The forums are less live that chat so there's no real drama about when you reply

Try writing long posts out elsewhere and then cutting & pasting - it seems like a lot of folks are having log out problems now.... but I have reported it

If you have any questions or anything about anything else just shout out

D
Old 07-30-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks everyone Yes I thought that too after awhile I'll find a spot . My Nest doesn't seem so Empty since I found SR You all have given me a nice warm Welcome
Old 07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

SW , I'm going to continue to play games - everyone will start saying there's Next - she's at it again LOL