Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 19

Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I agree with the others, SW. I have always appreciated your pats on the back and words of encouragement as well
Old 07-29-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Croiss i do understand & i will remember not to congratulate any future milestones unless you do yourself & i say that out of respect for you & not spite

Thank you Snooz

Thank you Casey im ok im having a better day today i bought the hinge & fixed my living room backdoor, i took my dog out on a big walk & later im buying some well recommended books to go with my therapy sessions to help me

Hello to all the julyers
Old 07-29-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Ladybug

using my phone to interact the usb on my tablet is broken and takes ages to charge

i hope everyone is having a nice evening

just had dinner going in a nice bath speak soon julyers
Old 07-29-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well our tablet usb port is fully broken now so im using my phone to post for the forseeable future

spk soon guys
Old 07-29-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Lol Wolfy , I love your pic xx

I hope your therapy sessions are going well for whatever reason you need them.x

Casey , good on you for still being sober . You are certainly racking up the days my friend .

I have a Magpie with dementia . It starts warbling in the tree next to our bedroom about midnight ......arghhhhh

...back to sleep for me ...zzzzzz

Old 07-29-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Therapy is for anxiety & depression Snooz its the next part of my recovery ive got and stayed sober and ive done so much in sobriety but i knew id have to deal with the deep rooted stuff one day and i feel safe in my sobriety to address it now, this was always part of my plan

it should be a month or 2 of sessions and im glad im doing it this isnt just out of the blue ive done group therapy 2 college courses renovated the house so much progress has been made therapy will only strenghten all of that

spk soon Snooz xx

ps Magpies are so noisy even at 12am sometimes but they are also super intelligent birds i didnt realise till i got my bird feeders but yeah i know what you mean about the noise they make

sleep well Snooz xx
Old 07-29-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry about your tablet, soberwolf. I only had phone access to SR for about nine days in late May/early June, and it was a bit trying at times. In fact, I wanted to throw my phone into the Gulf of Mexico where I was vacationing a couple of times. But in the end, SR on a phone was a way better option than no SR at all.

We'll be happy to hear from you when you can access us. Hang in there--I think it's cool you're starting this therapy now with a little sober time under your belt. What a smart, well-thought out long term recovery plan! I can learn something from your example.

Snoozy -- thanks for the nice words. Hope you're doing OK today or tonight or whatever the heck time it is on the other side of the world. I don't know why I can never do the math properly to figure that whole date/time thing out.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

i still have phone access and i should have a new tablet very soon

Good morning Julyers
Old 07-30-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Lol Casey , I always get lost re the time differences too. But dosnt matter , the good thing is there is usually always someone online when I post xx
Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day julyers
Old 07-30-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Dee , how are you doing ? Xoxox
Old 07-30-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks Snooz - all well here

D
Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to take the dog out spk soon
Old 07-30-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
I agree with the others, SW. I have always appreciated your pats on the back and words of encouragement as well
Yeah, I agree SW, I know your heart is in the right place and it was well-intentioned, that's why I knew you'd try and be nice and congratulate me in the future, just wanted to give you a heads up I'm all good...don't worry, I'm a bit quirky. I've already said that.

If you ever think a post of mine is too direct, err on the side of caution and it's usually well-intentioned. All good.

Hope your therapy goes well and yes, I am facing my one last hurdle of facing the root cause of why I originally drank too much. I would like to share here at some point, but it's pretty heavy stuff, but on the upside, I feel like I'm breaking free. Finally. I hope you see your therapy like that soon too, SW. As painful as it is...hopefully it's a key that opens a good door in time.

Ladybug...uggh, that is baffling, for sure. When we know the logic of why we shouldn't drink. Then, like a bloody robot, we choose to ignore it.

Snooz, you are right - boy those kids don't forget...and it's not even so much as what they say about your drinking, but you know all those little barbs here and there may have not been so harsh had you not drank. That being said, I have a friend who does not have a drinking problem and her girls are equally prone to obnoxiousness at times. The gift of girls! lol.

I think the biggest transition for my kids is I actually remember things now...that can stump them sometimes! lol.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

My oldest daughter Hated. My. Guts. when she was a teenager. Life went on; each of us had separate epiphanies that changed us, and today we are extremely close friends, adult-to-adult.

If you strive for real emotional and spiritual growth in your sobriety, you'll find that your center of gravity changes and all relationships are bound to improve.

My kids don't so much remember my drunkenness; but they have vivid memories of the effects of my deep depressions and making an absolute ass of myself due to undiagnosed bipolar delusions.

Time has passed, and it's all water under the bridge now. Barbs and potshots are long gone. Life progresses.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz, you are right - boy those kids don't forget...and it's not even so much as what they say about your drinking, but you know all those little barbs here and there may have not been so harsh had you not drank. That being said, I have a friend who does not have a drinking problem and her girls are equally prone to obnoxiousness at times. The gift of girls! lol. .
I absolutely love this Crois , thanks

You make so much sense to me & I love the the part about the obnoxious girls who's mother dosnt even have a drinking problem that made me smile & realise sometimes it's not even about the drinking. Xxx
Old 07-30-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

It's true, Gilmer...I also think kids just sense when we weren't "all there" for whatever reason. Just like "we know" when things aren't right with them, they know when our centre of gravity is off too.

And kids being kids, I think sometimes take it on board and have the impression that somehow we didn't care enough to fix it for their sake and it takes a bit of time to work through that.

I've already had that confrontation with my son, and we are all good, my girls ebb and flow, but they are slowly coming round to the fact that this is who I am. I actually think it shocks them now that I don't respond like I used to to things. And that's the part that throws them off. This patient person who says, "ok, I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm sorry for xyz I did to upset you". Kind of throws them.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks for your posts Croissant, Gilmer & Snoozy regarding the effects this can have on our kids etc. It is really opening my eyes to what can happen if I continue down this path. Glad you all have good relationships now

Still sober and moving forward. Won't post my days as it is embarrassing to be on Day 5 again. But, will let you know how I'm doing and when I hit a month, etc.

Love you all and wouldn't be here without you.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I don't actually have a good relationship with my eldest daughter Ladybug. I don't think she will ever forgive me. As in the throes of my drinking days I divorced her Dad after 25 years and married Shaun.

She constantly reminds me how I've ruined her life.
I want to be close to her but she won't allow it. The 22 year old and 18 year old are good. We have a nice relationship .
Maybe Bek will come around when she has her own children , time will tell xx
Old 07-30-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

(((Snooz))) I'm sorry.