View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey guys,
3PM here! Hope all are doing!

Grats on 20 months Gil!

Wolf sorry about the graphics for the post about your two years!! I DK What happened there.

Toots and FG,
I'd trade weather in a New York Minute! 97° F today and dry but the weekend calls for 99°F ( 37° Celsius ) and humid!!!!!

OLL,
I'm with RZ and the rest. You have the best place in the world to be a little SA but to get over it. Try your first time just blurting out what you said above about being or feeling intimidated. It might help you if you write a few notes for yourself on a card or paper to read about what you want to say. I am great as a public speaker but too relaxed and after I sit down I realize I forgot this or that. See, even us folks who taught classes with sometimes more than 100 students, conducted ceremonies, and even TV and a lot of Mic work as a DJ ONSTAGE can be intimidated at an AA meeting the first time up! And I had to get them on the dance floor and happy drunk or sober!!

Think how a person might love the adrenaline rush of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. And another might be terrified to the point of needing the automatic opener as they swooned.

The one who loves it and the other both experience the same thing. The Daredevil interprets the adrenaline as excitement, and trembles as much as the fearful one. Same adrenaline. The difference is how we interpret the stimulus. You'll be fine, just keep going and if you do want to speak first tell them how frightened and anxious you are in front of people. Your dinner table won't have more compassionate and caring people. The difference is you CAN talk to them about things you won't at home.

Early in my sobriety I wrote about my AA home group:

"I joined AA and just being able to talk without covering up exactly what I was and had done with others that accepted me for what I will be, not what I had been, was simply amazing. "

You will too if you choose. There is no hurry, Sober, we have the rest of our lives.

RZ! . I can relate! I use the Biblical method of typing - "Seek and ye shall find.

Well said Dee, I agree. The word deserve has no limits we don't impose on ourselves.

FBL,
Man, rev her up, give her a little of that body rubbing and friction with some wax and she'll feel like a new kid. Then rev her up and go!

Still not dry enough. Two days ago the truck without trailer attached made one inch ruts. Today I will try again.

Have a great weekend overs!