Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 07-05-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Choobie your vacation sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it and got to do so much!
Ultra, your mountain run is awesome! And time for more fun after, your fitness is awe inspiring!
Rah, keep at it x
1 step, good to see you! X
Off to bed, work beckons, dreading finding out about my job tomorrow. Finger crossed Peeps! Night night xx
Old 07-05-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thanks pink and scooter!

Awesome job ultra. Choobie, your vacation sounds incredible. Isn't the new life cool!!

Hey there 1step! Keep going rah.

Good luck tomorrow pink. You are in such a healthy place, nothing can shake you my friend.

Goodnight everyone, off to bedfordshire!

!
Old 07-05-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Pink - Thinking of you as you await your job news. Glad you enjoyed your trip and already have the next one planned. You and London have inspired me to plan a dream vaca. So impressed that you climbed a mountain!

All - I am finally settling in from my move. Attitude of gratitude today. Grateful to be sober.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning!!!!
Grateful, thank you! I should find out in 3 hours. I can't believe I climbed a mountain either! So bloody chuffed! What are you planning for your holiday? Can't Wit to hear it develop!

Determined, Bedfordshire is my most favourite place in the world! And not because I need yo sleep the booze off! Hurrah!

Ok, no more delaying tactics, I must head yo work, I hope you. All have a good day, will check in later.

Keep fighting the good fight people. Xxx
Old 07-06-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Quick check in, on my way to work

My legs hurt from final running training! Ha ha. But at least it's not my entire body from a weekend binge.

Good luck Pink

Catch everyone later and have a great Monday all
Old 07-06-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! Another holiday weekend conquered!

Have a fantastic day today guys.

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been." Wayne Gretzky

Gratitude.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Pink, thinking of you.

London, I liked your analogy - sometimes when I wake with allergy symptoms I remind myself that it is nothing compared to a hangover.

Determined, those of us on this side of the pond have made it through every major holiday since starting sobriety. Woo Hoo!

Choobie, it sounds like you had a great time.

Ultra, I cannot even imagine climbing a mountain like Pink did, never mind racing!

Rah, my mother always had a jigsaw puzzle set up on a small table. I think you will be happier with the new hobby and diet.

Grateful, happy to hear you are settled. How do you like the new place?

1Step, how are you doing?

I am going to Newport with my brother (from D.C. - have not heard from Dallas) and family. They are leaving on Friday; then I will go through all handbags I have not used in ages - just don't seem to go to dressy events like I did when I worked. Life on the Cape is much more casual.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hello everyone 😊

Long first day back at work. I will now be I consultation until August 5th, then interviewing begins. Booooooooooooooo. Have to reapply for my job, if I don't get it I will be redeployed, so next couple of months is going to be a bit stress. Totally need my 1 year anniversary of sobriety on August 28th, this will give me something to look forward to!

Anyways, can't do anything about it, so have Decided to not let it phase me. Let's hope the positive power helps me through! I can only be my best.

So how is everybody today? Sun has been shining here, love it!
Hope you are all well, happy and safe xx
Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Pink, stressful news indeed. But, you are ready and able to tackle this head on. And kick some ass in the interviews! Preparation and positivity are your friends. And team A!!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Checking in..,day 2/no blackouts in 16 days It may seem crazy to count this way but I don't want to lose sight of not having blackout episodes. Even though I haven't been perfect (having a sangria Saturday night) I am doing a lot better. Making life changes too. My 6 yr old granddaughter was supposed to come stay with my husband and I at the end of the month. We decided to pick her up this weekend. That makes me happy and will keep me busy. It will help me keep moving in the right direction.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I caught up posts...thank you all for being so supportive. You all motivate me...you make me think that I too can succeed and get off the wheel. I've been on for 5 years. Thanks team
Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good morning all

It's early in the UK - went to bed early and woke up early. But it's so quiet before the rest of London wakes up.

Pink - the new sober you can rock those interviews. Determined is right, quality thinking and prep time. Can you imagine an old interview - faint whiff of booze, dry mouth, pounding head? It's going to be all good :-)

Rah - you are doing great! Keep going.

Ultra - well done on the trail !

Scooter - hoping you are enjoying the time with your family.

Grateful - how was your 4th July?
Old 07-07-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday peeps!

Tuesday used to be my favorite day of week. Monday was regret and dehydration, Tuesday was resolve. By Friday I always forgot Monday... Great to be off the merry go round. Rah, keep going. It gets so much better, you really do get past the gravitational pull of the poison. Just takes letting yourself and others know that you made a new life choice.

Gotta get moving to the gym and a particularly tough day at work ahead. It's all good.

"We must all suffer one of two things. The pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment." James Rohan

Get excited.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey folks, how's it going?
Another sunny day here which makes me smile.
Since stopping drinking I have become a chocolate fiend. Never touched the stuff before, but once I stopped drinking, a bar of chocolate a day quickly became a necessity! I have decided to only eat chocolate at weekends, and am on day 2 of no chocolate, and I'm really struggling. How ridiculous! I drove past my local shop and actively had to tell myself to keep driving as I knew if I went in I would buy it and eat it. Utterly ridiculous! It's small fries compared to drinking, but it has tickled me how my addictive nature has kicked in!

Today i will not drink
Today I will not smoke
And today, I will not eat chocolate!

I am trying to moderate chocolate, that sounds hilarious! Let's see if I can make it to Friday before caving!

Today i am grateful for:

Ginger candles
The sun shining
Grass in my newly finished garden
Birds feasting at my bird table
Marsh m allows
Fresh bed linen
Kitty cuddles
Endless support from my better half
Endless support from each and every one of you
Fountain pens
Live at the apologise keeping me chuckling

Happy Tuesday people,
Much love xxx
Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Checking in....day 3/17 days without a blackout episode. Feeling good Travelled back home today for a business trip. Had dinner with my youngest daughter and granddaughter. My daughter gave me a nice card with a heartfelt note. Made me cry. I am grateful that my work requires that I travel back to my home state regularly. It's allowed me to spend some quality time with my daughters.

Been doing a lot of thinking lately. For a long time I felt sad and felt a sense of despair. My step daughters untimely death changed my view on life. For a while I had the live life to the fullest attitude which translated to party hearty for me. Then I went through a period where I just felt sad and would say screw it, you're going to die anyway so you might as well drink. Now I am in a different place. I've got this sense that I have to get things in order. I've been taking care of administrative things like life ins beneficiaries, thinking about things I wish I could do to right some wrongs I've done and to help people I really care about. I've been thinking about an event that happened in my past, many years ago. It was a situation that really hurt me. I almost feel like I am grieving over the event. Maybe I never came to terms with it before, I don't know. I'm not sure what is going on with me. I'm just rolling with it, without turning to getting drunk to forget.

Hang in there team!!
Old 07-08-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hey all

Wacky Wednesday! Hope everyone is good. I am having a busy week at work but in a good and productive way.

Must dash this morning but will do my best to get a proper post in later :-)

Serenity and patience is key today as we have a full tube strike, fun! But hey, there are plenty of coffee shops in London to break to trying commute home later :-)
Old 07-08-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Happy hump day peeps!

Pink, I too have strange chocolate and ice cream binges. Last night ate about eight Oreos! I felt like what the heck just happened! Still better than the alternative. Chocoholics anonymous sounds like a good idea!

Rah, working through these thoughts will lead to a more peaceful place. Keep moving.

Good luck London, have fun just observing how quickly many people come completely unhinged at a small inconvenience. Raise a latte and laugh my man.

"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart." Buddha.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 17 here, felt ashamed to be honest of posting here after relapsing after 3months of solid sobriety, feel better now though, back on board, back on here (joined the June class), back in AA and back in recovery. So if you'll have me back il post here too!

Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

1step...30 days is great! 17 days is great! The fact that you are back is great! Don't be so down on yourself. When I look at your numbers I see 47 days of goodness. Glad you are back
Old 07-08-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I'm happy you are posting again RAH and 1Step!

As a team, we committed to unconditional support early on, and have have created a culture which embraces that tenant.

We have rockers, poets and philosophers, and diversity of age, gender, and sexual orientation, Etc.

Our common bond is our desire to live life on our ter s- not alcohols.