Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 06-27-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Checking in...day 7! Not feeling well today so I've been resting and sleeping. My husband seems annoyed, says he's going stir crazy because he's been in the house all week. Fighting the thoughts in my head saying that I should get up and go out with him for dinner or something. I know where that would lead. Oh well, putting myself first. My hubby is going to pick up take out for dinner. I'm going to make it through day 7! And I'm half way through the weekend!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday wake up. Where is my crushing anxiety and headache? Oh yea, I chose to say goodbye to those guys.

Hope everyone is doing great this weekend. Been rainy here, so AV knocked on the door. I just let it knock and didn't even think about cracking that door.

Long weekend next weekend. Hitting the beach, albeit with enough sunscreen that I resemble a piece of drywall. Same beach I drank like a crazy person last time I was there. Really regretted it. The not present for my little guy. The nursing a headache in the sun and laying on a towel instead of surfing. Looking forward to my chance to redo and make it right this time.

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons." Ruth schabaker

Dance
Old 06-28-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good morning!
No competition between a splitting hangover and regret here, either!

Determined, you can join the likes of me-I'll be in the sun all weekend on vacation and will still be ghost-like (well, maybe a self tanning streaked ghost).

I've been working double time on homework so I can take a four day vacation next weekend, and it looks like I might make it! Two years ago, I took the same family reunion/vacation and I got so wasted I passed out, but not before I embarrassed everyone there. Last year, I didn't drink, but because I had been drinking every day, I spent the whole vacation in withdrawal. In fact, I took 3 short vacations last summer, all of them with extended family, all of them in withdrawal because I knew if I drank I would drink to passing out. Wow! What a great reminder that I was at the point of constant misery from the drink. No more! Yay!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning!

High winds and wild rain here - no worrying about sunburn today.

London, I hope you enjoyed the parade yesterday. I said a quick prayer for you when I heard that the terrorist alert had been raised because of two events in the London area. Ours is also up because of the Fourth of July next weekend.

Choobie, this will be my first Fourth of July sober in many years. I "fell asleep" at my own party last year, and one of my nieces told me she thought drinking two glasses of wine in the sun after so much work preparing did me in. I did not tell her I had everything prepared well before the party and had drunk an entire bottle of white zin before it.

Determined, I had a weird av visit this morning. I am going out to lunch at an outdoor restaurant on the water with a group of friends later this week. This place is known for their great summer drinks - in fact, that is where I had my last ever drink - a Margarita - last August 15. I had basically quit drinking, but did not want to stick out by not ordering a drink. Now, my av told me I should order one, I was fine last year with one, and I can do it again. I have decided I will drink a non-alcoholic drink or stay home. I do not have to prove anything to anyone --especially when it comes to drinking!

Hello to everyone else.....I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Let's keep on keeping on.......#NoSausages.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good stuff Team. Let's keep focused!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great posts TeamA!

Attitude of gratitude right now. Life is so good sober.

Today is indeed a gift Determined.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good week, peeps
D
Old 06-28-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

8 days today!! Made it through the weekend without drinking sitting on my deck feeling grateful! My husband and I booked a vacation today...ft Myers in September. I love the beach!! Can't wait!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thanks Choobie! Tan is so not cool right!

Scooter, I feel you on your trigger. Awesome you recognized it. Grateful, no matter what, it is indeed a gift my friend.

Pink, London, ultra rah and team, eye on the prize babies!

Thanks dee! You too man.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Righteous work rah! Awesome!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy Monday team!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. New week ahead, let's go get it.

"Life is painting a picture, not dong a sum." Oliver Holmes.

Yes.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey guys

The man flu came back to bite yesterday. I had most of the day in bed but are some good healthy food and relaxed.

Back at work today, I will shake the damn thing.

Choobie I know your vacation is going to be just great! I relate to the withdrawal stories. I used to secretly drink in airport lounges and all the way long haul on planes whilst my partner used to do the same as everyone else and sleep. Used to have horrible withdrawals after that, and drinking in the run up to finish off work. No more! Vacations are relaxing and enjoyable now.

Hope everyone has a great Monday :-)
Old 06-29-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Quick check in -

Great job, Rah.

London, hope you are feeling better soon.

Hello to one and all.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 9!! Felt so good today to not have any hangover symptoms or regrets today. I went for two walks today,..trying to add new things to my daily routine. Had a picnic lunch with my husband today...that was nice too. I posted yesterday that my husband and I are going to Fort Myers for a week in September. I am kind of stressing Eve though I am happy and excited. I have only been on one vacation in the last 5 years where I didn't overdo it with my drinking. I really don't want to overdo it on this upcoming vacation. I've been researching things we can do (instead of drinking). I am already talking to my husband about walking everyday, trying jet skis, taking a dolphin watching cruise.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

London - Hope you feel better soon soon you will be back to your normal

Choobie - Can relate to so much of your post - not vacations but I would drink when my kids were asleep thinking it wouldn't affect them. Was never full there for the next day though when I was in a fog. It really affected my thinking even when I was sober the next few days. Thanks for the reminder. Life is so much better sober!

Determined - Thanks for the wonderful quotes!

Scooter - Great observation. I could understand why you were feeling that way in that setting. It is not worth it. Non-alcoholic drinks are so much more refreshing. You still get the conversation, great view and ocean breeze plus you get to remember everything! Keep on keepin' on.

Rah - Get it girl! Congrats on 9 days - that is wonderful! Just keep going in that direction. It really does get better and better.

Yesterday I was a the beach with my daughter. We looked up and saw a rainbow that was curved around the sun. I will try to post a pic later. It was so cool and beautiful. Also connects to the Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriages. #lovewins

Grateful for:
vanilla bean coffee
laughing with my daughter
moving to a new, bigger apartment
new opportunities
self-respect
dancing
Old 06-29-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone is good

I feel so much better now. I should have taken extra down time instead of pushing and carrying on.

London is beautiful and sunny and the tennis just started which I love. I live around 20 minutes walk from the All England Club so great atmosphere in my part of London.

Have a great day all. Let's keep going!
Old 06-30-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday kids!

Glad you are mending London! Great post grateful. Attitude of grattitude. We are Keepin on scooter my friend.

Short week, which is freakin awesome!!

"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." Herbert Otto.

Pink, where you is?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Just saying hey Team! Keep up the great work!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi guys have been on holiday, still am, in the lake district, no intranet! Stealing wifi from cafe riva in Windermere following DINNER! Today i climbed skiddaw, the 4th highest mountain in England! I am so bloody proud of myself! Now nackered! Won't have Internet again until probably Sunday. I'm not ignoring you all! Hope you're ok, sorry I've not been about, had flu, then holiday xx
Old 06-30-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Rah, don't even think about September; just keep on doing what you are doing, day by day, and you will be fine when September arrives and you have more than 70 days of sobriety.

Pink, I guess you are feeling better if you climbed the mountain!

Grateful, I would love to see that rainbow.

London, enjoy the tennis!

Determined, how is the healing process?

Ultra, is the heat affecting you with your training?

I am getting ready for my party on Saturday.

My brother and family from Washington, D.C. area will be staying with me for the week; my brother from Dallas is not joining us this year - I am glad - I, for one, would have a tough time being civil to that arrogant, pompous b*tch he is marred to.....although I would like to see him and the three kids.

Let's keep on keeping on.