Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 07-04-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Just in quickly to wish my sober pals across the pond a happy 4th July

All is good with me. Dee - thanks for the post on the jealousy thing. I didn't get any jealous feelings at all last night!

Keep going Rah. Holidays can be tough but you can and will do it! Keep posting.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Happy 4th peeps. Focus, eye on the prize.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Thanks London! How was the birthday picnic?

Thanks for your post Determined - I am surprised that I am struggling a little with AV today, I have been so happy sober with no struggles for a long time and it just hit me today. Eyes on the prize!

Happy 4th TeamA in the USA!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months London! That is definitely top drawer!

Old 07-04-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Grateful, I feel you with the av attack. Good work pushing through.

Had a tough one today too. Frustrated about something, came to the beach condo by myself to pick up some things. Fridge full of cold beer and just me in the place. Ate a sandwich and got the hell out. It passed but I definitely had to fight it. I reminded myself how sudden my last relapse happened, and how much I regretted it.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome milestone Nab congrats on 11 months
Old 07-04-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Giddy up London! 11 months baby yeah!! Take that av!!!
Old 07-04-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

London, 11 MONTHS! Amazing! So PROUD! Your picnic sounded lobely, and great weather too hope your man enjoyed it 😊 a lovely surprise!

Determind, well done on getting through, you did well my friend, so strong. You continue to inspire me 😊

Happy 4th July everyone across the pond! Thinking of you all, and toasting you with a diet Pepsi cherry tonight x

I am home from holiday and feel the blues already! Counting down to the next one!

Had envy at times seeing everyone in beer gardens enjoying their drinks, but then hey, I climbed a mountain. A big one. Can't see me doing that with a hangover! I got through ok, and had some ghost saves from you guys, thank you xxx

Getting my head down now, tired after a long drive. Enjoy your weekend people, much love xx
Old 07-04-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Wasn't perfect today. I drank a sangria at dinner today. I experienced something called dumping syndrome. It happens if you have gastric bypass and drink or eat something sweet. I got dizzy, sweaty and clammy. I stopped drinking the sangria and told my husband right away. We left right away. Not perfect but there will be no hangover and no regrets. I am grateful for that. Home in bed. Good night
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hey all

Thanks so much for the congrats! To be honest I totally FORGOT I had a milestone until my sponsor told me at my AA Saturday meeting! I like that though, it makes me think not drinking could one day be the new norm.

I enjoyed the picnic. It was strange as we went to a park I routinely used to drink in on the way home. Unhappy memories but great reinforcement of why not to go back. And we had great food and really relaxed.

Rah - I am proud of you for getting on out of there! Hopefully you managed a relaxing evening. I always have an escape route planned, even now. Keep going.

Welcome home Pink - get something booked up again and then you can count the days again. Is everything OK at work with the restructure stuff? Hope so.

How are all our friends across the pond enjoying the holiday weekend? New memories being built (and remembered) I am sure!

Love to all. Going for my last long training run before next weeks charity £10k eeeeeek!! But then an all you can eat brunch to refuel. Later I need to have a quick review of my finances as it's been a while since I looked at the paperwork and as its half year I want to review my 2015 goals.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can understand not beating yourself up rah - but a lot of your struggle seems to come from being at bars.

I really think that's something you need to look at.

If you want change make changes,

D
Old 07-05-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hey london, I find out about the work consultation tomorrow, but I refuse to think about it today! I love that you forgot 11 MONTHS! I hit 10 months last Sunday and totally forgot too, it's quite a fabulous feeling to have forgotten!

Rah well done for getting out before getting on the slippery slope. Don't go to any bars for a while, not until , you feel stronger xx hope you are feeling better today xx

My day is rather lazy , unpacking, watching top gear, Sunday lunch, surfing the net, watering the garden. Really lazy day which is the perfect start to my hectic week next week back at work!

11 weeks to my next holiday hurrah! Booked a week in sark and a few days in Guernsey in September, count down is on!

Have a great Sunday folks, much love xx
Old 07-05-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Even though I wasn't perfect (had a sangria at dinner last night) I did some things better...we went to a restaurant for the food and not a place focused on drinking; before we ordered the sangria my husband and I talked about it and made a plan; and I stopped immediately when I felt ill. I did get nervous when I started experiencing dumping syndrome...dizzy, light headed, sweaty and clammy. I actually got nervous bc I thought I was headed down my normal slope but it didn't make sense because I hadn't drank much. I told my husband right away and started drinking water right away. It passed in a few minutes. I was not drunk or buzzed or anything. I am feeling good this morning.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday! Heading home today with no regrets. Feels good man I must say.

Gotta jump, but sending a big giant hug all around!!

Good work rah. I do agree with dee. That first one will often get the motor running so be careful. I would order a virgin drink, you get the vibe without the monster.

Love.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Congratulations, London! We are really doing this!

Pink, good luck tomorrow!

Choobie, your story about being sober for five years really stayed with me. Thanks!

Determined, you were very smart to eat a sandwich and leave the condo. I truly think hunger was my biggest drinking trigger.

Rah, you might want to make your plan to be NO alcohol at all - that way the pressure is off, and you don't have anything to worry about. One drink is too many for people like us.

My weekend is going very well - so happy I bought all beer and wine I have never liked - interesting, I just realized I did not watch how much people were drinking like I did on Labor Day and Thanksgiving....

I am very excited - I went in my storage closet to dig out a small blue purse to bring to the parade, and I found two of my favorite bracelets in it - - I had no idea they were even missing from my jewelry box, and absolutely no idea why they were in there! One is a diamond and sapphire tennis bracelet and the other is a double gold bangle. I assume I was in a drunken stupor when I took them off, and I just put them in there. After my company leaves I am going to go through all the purses I rarely use to see what I might find.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Determind glad your doing GOOD!
Scooter, I love a good rummage through old stuff, I went through all my going out handbags and found change stashed in the bottom of all of them, I presume from getting change at the bar and being too drunk to fathom out how to open my Purse! Worked out to about 20 Pounds! Good luck, let us know what you find! X
Old 07-05-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Mountain Race done and off the "Bucket List".

Then the kids and I went through a challenging natural obstacle course high in the mountains. The couse had a bunch of tight squeezes, twists, and climbs.

Good Times! Seems like all are well. Onward!
Old 07-05-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Making changes...getting my eating under control, going back to post gastric bypass diet, also picked a hobby...my hubby and I are going to work on puzzles. We bought puzzles and a table to make them on. Might sound silly to some but I've been so bored of watching tv. Feeling grateful for the life I have. Back to day 1 but have 15 days without a blackout. Feeling good.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Sounds like things are turning right around, Rah! Great!

A mountain race and obstacle course sounds like a blast, Ultra!

Glad you are having a great weekend, Scooter! Crazy what I find in my old purses. I don't find jewelry-mostly broken crayons and missing lipsticks!

I had a great vacation. Instead of drinking, suffering from withdrawal or a hangover, I went kayaking, spent hours spotting kids while they went tubing, went hiking, swimming, playing board games, campfires...Everyone was drinking around me, and it didn't matter at all. I fit in some photography while everyone was taking a nap to sleep off the drinks, and I enjoyed the fireworks instead of wishing I was asleep like everyone else wanted to be. Unbelievably better!

Congrats on your 11 months, London!

Love to you all!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 11months London! Huge achievement.