Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hiya ultra. Pink, your trip sounds super cool. Get out with your bad ass mountain climbing self! Give a good yodel for the team!

Thanks scooter, going well, will have scars but that's cool cause I look dangerous. Fun for story telling!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Double digits today!! Day 10! Going strong. Been snacking a lot today.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 10 days Rah

D
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hey Rah! Snacking is good. The body can crave sugar in the first couple of weeks. I say snack away. 10 days is great.

Pink - hope you are having a great trip! You picked a great weather week.

On my way to work. Hottest UK day for a few years forecast today. Luckily I am travelling so some decent aircon and I get to have a client lunch in the open air later :-)

Have a great day all
Old 07-01-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

It is Friday for me kids! Yaaahhooooo!!

I feel good today, no more doctors appointments until Christmas! My 50cc gas motorized skateboard came so taking that on the long weekend getaway. Crazy stuff that thing. Goes 25mph.

Everyone have plans for the weekend? Hope you have a top drawer day!

"If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." Thomas Edison

Get up.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Heats been unique Scooter! I've run three times in Florida in 90 degree weather. Definitely takes a toll.

I'm running up Loon Mountain in New Hampshire on Sunday. This will be my first Mountain Race and should be fun.

Let's stay focused as some of us close in on Year 1.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Rah
Old 07-01-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Day 11..feeling good. Im really trying to make a real life change here. I'm trying to be strong, sometimes it's hard. Feeling apprehensive about the holiday weekend coming up. I really do like not feeling hungover and not having regrets. I guess I wish I could moderate like other people. I'm nearing that time when I start feeling confident and start thinking "one drink won't hurt". I do not want to blow this weekend. I'm going to try to make some plans with my husband that get us out of the house and keep us out of bars.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning guys! Holiday weekend here in the U.S. First one for many since we started this path, make sure you have a plan in place. The av can really be convincing and just pounce on you. It will seem like everyone in the world is partying and loving the good life. It is an illusion. First, watch closely as most that are drinking are doing very little. Many more are not at all. We just never bothered to look because we were off to the races and entertaining the crowd and ourselves with our drunken nonsense. Think about how you will feel physically and spiritually on Monday. Eye on the prize.

Make a decision to be fully alive and get out of your comfort zone. Do something you have always wanted to do this weekend. Even if it is not a major thing. Just do it. Smile and listen to your friends and family. Bring positivity wherever you go.

"Not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd." Wordsworth

Strength and energy.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good stuff Determined! My first leg of vacation is done. On to some cooler weather in New Hampshire.

After my run my son and I are going to do a ropes obstacle course in the trees. Hopefully my quads won't be too wrecked!

We've been through many holidays and events since begining this journey. No reason to overthink this one. Keep doong the right stuff!
Old 07-02-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I never got online yesterday because of the crazy weather - wild wind, tornado warnings, trees down, lights flickering, etc.

Great posts regarding the upcoming weekend.

Rah, could you go to a baseball game? parade? sailboat race? museum? outdoor concert? There are events you could go to where your husband could have a few drinks while you stayed totally sober.

We all get that thought that we have been sober so long we can now moderate. Well, we can't. It is that simple. One drink is too many for us, or we wouldn't be in SR, we wouldn't be alcoholic, we wouldn't be thrilled and proud of our sobriety.

London is right about the snacking - chocolate and ice cream got me through the first few months, and I still treat myself with both.

For those of us in the USA, the Fourth of July will be our last major holiday since starting sobriety. We were in the beginning stage on Labor Day last year. Like Ultra, I am not overthinking it - but, I am buying beer and wine for my party that I don't like and would never drink so I am not tempted....I have been doing that since starting sobriety. For me it was always Miller Lite Beer and White Zinfindel wine with occasional champagne or one or two Margaritas in the summer. I am buying more upscale beer and wine - ones that would never tempt me.

I agree with Determined - for those of you who are just back with us, be careful and think ahead.

Hello to everyone else.

Have a great day, everyone. Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good morning! We are heading out of town this morning-not sure when I'll be posting next.

I agree with the cautionary note, and have a reminder-
I was sober for 5 years, and NO, I was not able to moderate after that length of time. Time does not heal drinking control. Don't confuse abstinence with control!

Love to you all!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hope everyone is good. I was busy at work yesterday and then crashes out and watched the tennis on TV

Happy holiday weekend to friends across the pond

Choobie - the story about moderation is a powerful one. I have been having some flashes of jealousy again - I think it's the weather and all the drinks around. But I am cultivating an attitude of gratitude today

Today is my partners birthday so going to treat him to a picnic in the park this evening :-)

Enjoy your holidays guys!!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Happy Friday babies!

Yeah, that moderation thing. It certainly comes around. I keep reflecting on how much I really enjoy being present and healthy. And... The total shift in positivity.

I had the jealousy too London. Bought beer when we got to the beach to put in condo fridge. Had a little moment for sure. Let it pass and I am in a happy place and comfortable with this life choice. It sure makes us different, but being fully alive and laughing with my son on roller coasters and log rides last night at 8 pm totally underscored my decision. Freaking awesome choice this sobriety thing guys. Raise a fist, sober power team a!

"I will show you how fragile you really are!" Henry Rollins

Sunshine.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Checking in! Today will be day 13. Grateful to be waking up not hungover and with no regrets. I have to admit I was getting some thoughts on my head last night about wanting a drink. Holiday weekend, stress at work, etc. I was really tired too. Stayed in, went to bed early. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Rah
Old 07-03-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Trying to make the best of the day off from work..shopping and a mani/pedi! Taking care of me!!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds great Rah
Old 07-03-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just said to another group - you will lose that envy - I really do prefer to be sober

I have no doubt you guys can get there too

D
Old 07-03-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Thanks dee.