Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 06-22-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I hope you have fun scooter, and if you want anyone to celebrate with, please come on here and share, I'm going to try to check in every day in August to celebrate with everybody

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
London, TEN MONTHS!!!! Wow! Congratulations.

Determined, I think your reaction was normal - even non-alcoholics have that "screw it" feeling when there is a possibility of a malignancy. You rebounded nicely.

Pink, are you growing flowers or veggies or both? I lack a green thumb - to put it mildly.....the Garden Police better never come to my house!

I think Bob and I are going sailing tomorrow for the first time this year, but it depends on the weather.

Dry, I have not decided what I am going to do for the one year celebration....but, it is time to start thinking about it. It will have to be a personal celebration as you are the only people that know I stopped drinking.

Ultra and Choobie, I think I would have stopped drinking years ago if I even had an inkling that I would look and feel this good. I admit vanity is one of my traits that was hidden in the bottle. I shudder now when I think of the number of times I went out drunk, disheveled, in a sweatsuit, no make-up ----AGH ! ! ! I need to remember that when my av comes calling.

Cute, Grateful, Rah, Knb, EVERYONE! Please post to let us know how you are!

Let's keep on keeping on. #NoSausages.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Way to go rah, keep rollin!!!

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Day 3 almost in the books! Feeling better. Had a little issue with my husband tonight..it highlights some issues which I think may be a cause for my overdoing it with drinking. When I drink I feel like I let go..like I'm free. So my husband picked me up from work. I informed him that I would need to travel for work several times over the next few months. As usual, he got upset bc me traveling means he will be home alone. He wasn't pleased. Then he took me to an eye dr appt. I decided to get contacts, never had them but wanted to try them. He got upset because I didn't talk to him about it first. On the way he home he started going off. He was saying that I got contacts bc I want to look prettier. Then he brought up Saturday night. Saturday night we went out to a bar and we both overdid it. He brought up a situation with an older guy. I do tend to get flirty when i drink too much but I was really careful. When we go out like that my husband leaves me alone at the bar when he goes out to smoke. When he is gone I talk to people around me at the bar. I struck up a conversation with this older man but, as I recall, it was harmless. Anyway later that night this man approached my husband and asked if he could dance with me. He called me by my first name. My husband flipped his lid. We ended up leaving. Tonight he says to me "I don't think you remember half the things you do". He's right. I do remember Saturday night though and I remember my conversation with that guy. It was harmless. Then my husband tells me that he's concerned about this coming weekend. I'm going to Florida for a girls weekend with my daughters. He said he's worried that my daughters are going to pressure me into drinking. The truth is I don't drink with anyone else but my husband. I know I'm venting here. I'm probably not really explaining what's going on. But there are times when I feel paralyzed. Things are all twisted up and there are so many mixed messages.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Checking in day 2. Feeling better physically. Had a good day today. Traveling for work. I had dinner with my daughters and granddaughter then went swimming with the little one.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in.

Rah-You are doing all the right things. Writing a gratitude list helps me every day. Keep on keepin' on girl!

Grateful for:
sobriety
clear-mindedness
productiveness
new opportunities
self-respect
dancing this morning
laughing with my daughter
strawberry chicken salad
blue chips and guac
pink lemonade

#nosausages #teamaugust

Old 06-23-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hi Grateful - good to see you! Nice gratitude list, I really like reading them.

Way to go Rah! You can do this. What the others wrote about guilt and memories starts to fade is true. It does with more sober time. You can do it.

On my way to work, struggling to get out of bed this week but at least I am having some good sober sleep

Have a great day all
Old 06-23-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!

Love the grateful lists! Rah, keep the goal in your mind and picture the new you. You can do this!

Another medical procedure today and then I should be good as new. More intense than I thought, but it could always be worse!

Appreciate today kids.

"Let me listen to me and not to them." Gertrude stein.

Onward
Old 06-23-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

My day 3 grateful list- I am grateful

That I am able to travel for work to the location where my daughters and granddaughter are so I can see them

That I have been able to spend time with my daughters alone, not having to deal with the stress between my husband and them

That I got to attend meetings at my previous employment location yesterday so I could see my friends and colleagues. Miss them and that place! Felt like going home.

For this site and forum- you guys are great! You are helping me walk this path

That my husband and I are on our path to being debt free! We won't pay everything off until Aprlil/May next year but that's not that far off
Old 06-23-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Greetings!

A quick check in - happy to see your post, Rah.

Grateful, I always enjoy your lists......must admit today's made me hungry for guac - I make a simple one - - guac, fresh cilantro and diced red onion. I think I will make some for my Fourth of July party.....maybe sooner!

Let's keep on keeping on. #NoSausages.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds nice Scooter
Old 06-23-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

End of day 3! 1st challenge today...had a stressful day; got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half; had a stressful visit with my daughter and granddaughter. Wanted to order a drink at dinner but didn't. Going to sleep
Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

That's a win, Rah!

Glad that you are almost done, determined! Hope the treatment's not too harsh!

Had a long, boring day at work-came home and cracked a delicious grape soda and sat on the patio. It was great and no hangover tomorrow!

Taking a break from everything tonight and going to bed early.

Love the grateful lists!

Until tomorrow...
Old 06-23-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey all

Happy hump day

Determined - I hope you medical stuff went OK

Rah - that's the way to do it. Roll with the stressful stuff and get to bed sober - its just like that sometimes. Good times are coming, keep going!

Choobie - that sounds like one of my favourite types of evenings after a stressful day. Hope you had some refreshing sober sleep - it never gets boring waking up fresh and no hangover (or still drunk)

Scooter - how is your weather after the mighty cold winter? Warming up yet? It's still grey in the UK but fingers crossed for a blast of sunshine for when Wimbledon starts

On my way to work, having a decent one this week. The holidays helped refresh me and my attitude definitely ! Looking forward to a huge coffee and then going to smash some meetings today
Old 06-24-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Humpty hump!

Thanks for the well wishes guys! I m good to go and they got it all out!! Looks like I got in a knife fight, but I can use that as a good opening in some presentations I have this week! I feel great though, attitude of gratitude man.

Gotta get going, back to the gym. Gonna take it a little easy though.

Gotta run, love you guys!

"Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion." Nehru.

Look up.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

So I was on the way to the airport today for a family vacation when my manager called and gave me a totally unexpected raise.

Life is Good.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ugh! Day 1 again. But I did pour out all of the gin in the house this time. I took a long drag from the bottle first yesterday (of course), but I am sober today, and headed onto a long flight to San Fran.

I'm feeling pretty much terrified of being totally sober this weekend there- I am hosting several dinner/wine events, and my bosses except me to 'wine and dine' clients whenever I am not doing the larger events. High level sales just is a tough mix with trying to be sober/good.

I know I am not going to drink today. I am going to ignore the bar cart as it wheels by on the plane, and I am going to go straight to me room (which will NOT have a mini-bar- I've already assured it). No idea what tomorrow will hold though.

Pray for me, gang. I am trying.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hey quick post I'm not very well, I have actual flu. Feel like I've been hit by a truck. Oh and also my department has just gone into consultation so I have to reapply for my own bloody job. The nhs do this every now and then, this will be my 3rd time in in years. Sucks. I got the email at home. Great. Snivelling, achey, coughy, feverish and in bed. Due to go on holiday tomorrow, but may not be well enough. What a fab week. Grrrrrrrrr.

Hobbers youre back on the horse man! Excellent plan arranging no mini bar, you totally got this!
Determind g, ad it went well, make up a cool fight story about your war wounds. Shark attack! Well done on getting through!

Need more rest and lemsip. Night folks x
Old 06-24-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hobbers, try to make this your last Day One - it is the worst day of sobriety, and one you do not want to repeat. Things get easier with time.

Rah, you've got this. One day at a time does it.

London, we have had some beautiful days, but it hasn't really heated up yet....yesterday we had rain, hail, thunder and lightning and tornado warnings.

You know what they say about New England weather - - If you don't like it, wait a minute. It will change.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hey all

Have to do a quick post as I am late for work, I will come back later.

Hobbers, you can do it! Totally make it your last day one and focus on getting a sober head on the pillow

Pink - get well soon. I have man flu! dosed up on pills as I can't miss work today after time off, but I will just ride it. I really sympathise on the re-apply thing, my company usually does in once every two years. Stay positive!

Catch you all later :-)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I am.on an.infection control study day and dying from fever, isn't that ironic?!

London feel better soon xx

After work I'm going on a road trip, really need a break after the announcement of consultation. One night in Sheffield dto complete the rivelin valley walk, then one night in.York.to do the railway museum and cathedral, then 6 nights climbing and sailing in the lake district, then one night somewhere random on.the way home. Dosed up with pills to get me through, I'm.determined to have my holiday!!!

Have a good day folks xx
Old 06-25-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I will say it again, weekend in sight!

London and pink, sorry you guys are sick! The only cool thing is it is not self imposed, so you can enjoy some rest and bad TV completely guilt free! Thanks for the well wishes too. Gotta go make up a cool knife fight story..

Hobbers, just say you don't drink. It feels strange at first in corporate settings, but over time people just know you as the guy who doesn't drink. It becomes your new image and makes you unique actually. That's what happened to me. If you don't do that you will fall back every time you have a work function. Make the change, you will be surprised how little people actually care or notice.

Scooter, grateful, Choobie and the rest of the gang, have a great day! Dry, blackbird, Chris, and anyone that has not said hi in a while, give a shout!

Cool phone call you got there ultra! Good things are happening man.

"Normal s not something to aspire to, it is something to get away from." Jodi foster

Giddy up.