Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 06-08-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Scooter your day sounds lovely, enjoy x
Determind, awesome Monday feeling my friend, glad you're still upbeat x
Choobie good to see you, hope you've had a good day!
1Step, well done my man, you are recovering Inch by Inch, minute by minute. Healing takes time, treat yourself and be good to yourself, and stay close to us, we got your back x
Rah, how's day 2 going my friend?

I've had and very busy day with my student, followed by grocery shopping with no mavis 😯 followed by a chicken noodle stir fry I whipped up this evening, followed by listing a load of stuff on eBay to make a few extra quid, followed by pyjamas, a glass of shloer, and a quick post on Sr before I get my head down!

Hope you have all had a lovely,day, and I wish you all sweet dreams and peaceful sleep.

Be kind to yourself, for you are sublime xx
Old 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Day 2 going well...tough day emotionally. Gotta get off this roller coaster. No one is making me feel sad or bad..I just do. I guess I know I can do better and should be better
Old 06-08-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hey all! Was busy with jury duty all last week. Just catching up. Will post more tomorrow.

All is good here. #nosausages

Hugs.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hey ladies and gentlemen

How are we all? Eyes down for Tuesday. Today I am travelling again with work to the North of England but all nice and relaxed for my train journey and no hangover. Ugh, I remember those days well

I can feel lots of determination in your posts Rah and 1step. Happy you are here. Stay close to SR and you can do it.

It's a bit chilly this morning - hot coffee definitely needed before I take the long train. Maybe a decaf so I can have a snooze! I am away again this weekend to see Malta for a few days, can't wait, especially as it's a balmy 29C. After that no more vacations until at least September. I have been travelling lots on the sobriety journey, kinda making up for lost time. I am loving planning early and getting bargain flights though - had this one booked since Christmas.

So I just looked at my shoes and I have one black sock and one maroon sock on! Ha ha. Previously would have been a disaster and a drink trigger - honest I am not joking. I am just going to have some fun and see if anyone notices in my meeting. If so at least the client will remember my pitch - oh yeah, the odd sock man! Lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Guys someone posted this in a thread elsewhere and it summed up how I was thinking today, so I have copied it...

"I am responsible for how I feel and today I choose happiness"

Really liked it :-)
Old 06-08-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

London awesome quote! That is the control we have over our lives this very instant. Today, I too choose happiness. What a way to kick start the day! Yeah! Malta us lovely, so glad you will get to see it! The old town of valetta is so pretty and steeped in history! Marvellous! LOVE THE SOCKS!

I have been up since 2 am. Since we moved the cat does not sleep. It's an indoor cat. Used to sleep fine at the other house, but this one is light, with birds in the garden, and he sqwarks all night long, exhausted. Have tried felliway, zylkine, beaphar, playing, good routine, milk, confined space, open space. Slowly losing my mind. Totally would have been a drink trigger! Any suggestions? Might put them in the cattery at the weekend just to get a solid 8 hours sleep.

Off to work tired and a bit grumpy!

Talk later xxxx
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Morning gang!

Good to hear from everyone.

Pink you should somehow figure out how to wake your cats up during the day while you are out. Get even!

Love the socks London, I agree, you can make that a conversation starter.

Rah, 1step, ultra, Choobie, grateful, scooter and the rest of the gang, enjoy your day!

"Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." Emerson

Meow.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Day 3! Trying to change my viewpoint...focus on the positives not the negatives. I have realized I have a lot of things going on in my head and emotionally. I should be doing better than this. I should be feeling better than this.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Pink, you might want to try Rescue Remedy; I have used it on both Scooter and Mr. Boomerang. It is completely safe; you can put it on their ears. I bought the first bottle at the local health food store; then found it on Amazon for a lower price. It really calms my two down. I give it to Scooter before thunderstorms, and I give it to Boo when he wants to go outside to hunt or fight because he hears animals.

All is well here. Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Day 3 almost in the books! Feeling better. Had a little issue with my husband tonight..it highlights some issues which I think may be a cause for my overdoing it with drinking. When I drink I feel like I let go..like I'm free. So my husband picked me up from work. I informed him that I would need to travel for work several times over the next few months. As usual, he got upset bc me traveling means he will be home alone. He wasn't pleased. Then he took me to an eye dr appt. I decided to get contacts, never had them but wanted to try them. He got upset because I didn't talk to him about it first. On the way he home he started going off. He was saying that I got contacts bc I want to look prettier. Then he brought up Saturday night. Saturday night we went out to a bar and we both overdid it. He brought up a situation with an older guy. I do tend to get flirty when i drink too much but I was really careful. When we go out like that my husband leaves me alone at the bar when he goes out to smoke. When he is gone I talk to people around me at the bar. I struck up a conversation with this older man but, as I recall, it was harmless. Anyway later that night this man approached my husband and asked if he could dance with me. He called me by my first name. My husband flipped his lid. We ended up leaving. Tonight he says to me "I don't think you remember half the things you do". He's right. I do remember Saturday night though and I remember my conversation with that guy. It was harmless. Then my husband tells me that he's concerned about this coming weekend. I'm going to Florida for a girls weekend with my daughters. He said he's worried that my daughters are going to pressure me into drinking. The truth is I don't drink with anyone else but my husband. I know I'm venting here. I'm probably not really explaining what's going on. But there are times when I feel paralyzed. Things are all twisted up and there are so many mixed messages.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hey all

Happy hump day!

Well I lost a bag last week and my faith in humanity is restored as someone found it on London transport and handed it in! Going to collect it ID in hand later. My iPad was in there, insured but a hassle to replace, I had written that off. Thanks London people, I will pay it forward.

Rah - I don't have any experience to offer advice but I know you will work it out. Sometimes talking or posting really helps see what the real things you need to look at are, I know my CBT and AA helps with that. So keep writing it all down :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday folks. I have loads of work to do having had two days away from the office travelling so it's going to be a busy one for me today (yet peaceful!)
Old 06-10-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Humpty hump!

Tough meeting this morning and then a presentation. Bring it.

Rah, it is hard to explain exactly what happens, but the more distance you get from drinking, the more peace you will feel. You will see the that your husband will eventually change his behavior around you because your energy will change. You will be impervious to drama of any kind.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Nelson Mandela

Eye on the prize.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

London that story warms my heart and enhances my faith in humanity too, how wonderful for you! There are some good people in the world!!!

Rah keep going!!!

Ultra, totally agree, keep fighting the good fight, it's a bloody good fight!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Scooter, I will Google that remedy, thanks for the tip!

Grateful glad you're well xx

Determined, hope your presentation has gone well, thinking of you!!!

Busy day here, but good busy. Grateful for a job I love, good people around me, a beautiful hone, endless support from.you guys, and the sun shining above xxx
Old 06-10-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Greetings,

London, that is a great story! There are many good people; just look at our group!

Rah, is there any way you and your husband could stay away from bars while you are trying to stay sober? I agree with Determined that you will feel better about yourself and others once you have more sober time.

I am going to sit outside to read; I have been to the Y, for coffee and to look for a new desk chair.

Today I am grateful for the beautiful weather - after the horrible winter I find myself appreciating the weather most days.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with scooter rah - a bars no place for you right now.

D
Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Day 4! Feeling good!!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope you are all good. I got my bag! Very happy. Now I need to find a way to do a good deed to pay it forward. I am sure an opportunity will be presented to me :-)

Rah - congrats on day 4. I agree, try to stay out of the bars for some down time and thinking.

Pink - I hope your cat is a little calmer. I am sure it will get used to the new place. You have a temporary restless pus !

Scooter - I am with you on the weather. Winter wasn't anything like yours in the UK (just a bit wet really) but it seemed to last for so long I am appreciating the sun and the long days.

Determined - hope you nailed that preso!

On my way to work. Last day in the regular office until next week so plenty to do today. But I can only do what I can do, no undue stress :-)

Have a nice day all.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Weekend in sight babies!!

Presentation done, I truly think they are all about putting yourself in a positive energy and calm space beforehand. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Gotta run, go tear it up team.

Special quote today. A friend at the gym is handicapped and cannot use his legs very well at all. He swims each day at 5 am. Also, he placed in an Olympic competition many years back for bench pressing. Yesterday I asked him how he was doing and he said,

"They can shoot me full of holes and I am still comin at 'em man!"

Strength.