Class of March 2015 Part 5

Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too Bobcat

D
Old 05-02-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Congratulations bobcat and to every one celebrating another new day!

Chewy??? Wherest are thou?
Old 05-02-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Sisterbobby--what amazing self-control you have

I'm up to Day 62 and had a pretty good day today.
thanks bobcat.
congratulation on 62 days!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Who was this?
Doctor's report on the death of Jeff Hanneman (click on link below):

Doctor Says SLAYER's Jeff Hanneman Couldn't Have Died Of Spider Bite - Metal Injection
Old 05-02-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Court jester

So I have to have blood work done today, which means no coffee until 11:30.

Gonna be a quiet day. Only thing on the agenda after blood work is a workout. Been exercising daily. Hope it doesn't turn into an addiction like some folks...
Old 05-02-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Do your best

Is that pic real ?
Old 05-02-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!!! Here we are going into May, so hard to believe. I was at a family reunion and couldn't spend much time online. I'm glad to be back with you guys, fighting the good fight.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good to see you, secretary! How did the reunion go?

Bmac, what a photo. Thanks for the smiles.

Just got back from a visit with my sister who offered me wine -- and I declined. She said, "It's going to be a boring night." Strange for her say considering she approached me about being an alcoholic last fall. I'm grateful for you folks for understanding and know how the road goes.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Doctor's report on the death of Jeff Hanneman (click on link below):

Doctor Says SLAYER's Jeff Hanneman Couldn't Have Died Of Spider Bite - Metal Injection
That is literally and figuratively sobering.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Good to see you, secretary! How did the reunion go?

Bmac, what a photo. Thanks for the smiles.

Just got back from a visit with my sister who offered me wine -- and I declined. She said, "It's going to be a boring night." Strange for her say considering she approached me about being an alcoholic last fall. I'm grateful for you folks for understanding and know how the road goes.
I find this kind of disturbing. I mean, I'd she approached you about your addiction, why in the world would she be trying to convince you to drink? Sounds to me like somebody might be feeling a little less than comfortable in her own skin. Some people truly believe that as long as they don't drink alone, they don't have a problem. Perhaps you need to approach your sister? Either way, good on you refusing that wine!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Court jester

Checking in on Day 48. Tough day yesterday, but made it through sober. Struggling a bit with boredom and missing my son these next few weekends due to school stuff he has going on. A pint would do nicely right about now, but I'll put that off for another 24! Lather, rinse, repeat.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Good to see you, secretary! How did the reunion go? Bmac, what a photo. Thanks for the smiles. Just got back from a visit with my sister who offered me wine -- and I declined. She said, "It's going to be a boring night." Strange for her say considering she approached me about being an alcoholic last fall. I'm grateful for you folks for understanding and know how the road goes.
Went okay. Thanks for asking. There was alcohol but I abstained. I think that was VERY passive aggressive of your sister to say that. My sister said a similar statement when I told her I wasn't drinking "you'll be a lot of fun" in a very sarcastic tone.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I hope you're all doing okay today. Today is day 56. We had friends over last night to watch the fight and I was strong enough to be comfortable drinking pop while everyone else drank beer. I'm not saying it was easy but I got through it. I woke up early this morning and poured out the full leftover beers while I still had the motivation to do so. Weekends are usually the hardest for me but this weekend it felt easier. Almost like a reflex to just not drink rather than having to actively resist the urge to drink.

I'm still sober and still actively checking in here. One day at a time. I hope you all are doing great today! How is everyone doing? I gotta say, I wouldn't be able to continue doing this everyday if it wasn't for all of you.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Went okay. Thanks for asking. There was alcohol but I abstained. I think that was VERY passive aggressive of your sister to say that. My sister said a similar statement when I told her I wasn't drinking "you'll be a lot of fun" in a very sarcastic tone.
Hi Secretary I'm glad you are back and that you've been fighting the good fight It's awesome you remained sober at the reunion, I know how sometimes family events can be even more of a trigger than anything else. I guess family members assume because they are so close to you they don't have to filter what they say.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I do that too- but it is usually around day 30. It really helped the last time around to run in the evenings around the time I would start drinking. I need to starts gain because I am getting antsy. Things are better; thanks for asking. I am okay with understanding that his process addiction is not unlike my alcohol addiction. I am going to be supportive (one last time). He started working on SMART and is starting work with a support group. I finally realized that the reason I am not very comfortable with affection is because of the way I was raised - in an emotionally and physically abusive home - which I think is common to substance abusers. I will do my part to work with him. I am just glad he dropped the defensive wall. That was infuriating. He gave me a new wedding ring today. I am not sure how I feel about it. (I am always losing wedding rings and I didn't have one at the moment). He bought it weeks ago and had it engraved. Monday I turn 40.'
Pouncer, I'm glad things are better! I know it's hard to be supportive especially after relapsing time and time again. Some days I'm not sure why my husband is still with me and supporting me but I'm determined this time to make my promise to never drink again a reality, rather than a just another meaningless empty promise. I hope your husband is committed to this as well! I know we all do things in our own time, so at the end of the day you of course have to do what's right for you. I hope everything works out, I really do Happy almost birthday! Do you have any plans or anything you're doing for yourself to make it extra special?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you secretary

I found some of my friends and family's reactions to be inconsistent too Nik.
Some of them didn't want me to stop drinking, they wanted me to 'control it' and 'be normal'....

& some of them hated me not drinking cos then they had to watch their drinking too...or else, they became the worst drunk in the room....

D
Old 05-03-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone for overcoming those drinking temptations the past few days while at the same time dealing with family members that don't seem to understand your situations.

I had dinner with a good friend last night. He already had a beer in hand by the time I got to the restaurant and it was certainly tempting to get one myself. But I didn't and got iced tea instead. A test passed....

Next weekend is Mothers Day and I am going home to see the folks. Dad will probably have beer in the fridge for me, as I haven't told him about being sober now. But I will probably mention it to him when I am there.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Congrats to everyone for overcoming those drinking temptations the past few days while at the same time dealing with family members that don't seem to understand your situations. I had dinner with a good friend last night. He already had a beer in hand by the time I got to the restaurant and it was certainly tempting to get one myself. But I didn't and got iced tea instead. A test passed.... Next weekend is Mothers Day and I am going home to see the folks. Dad will probably have beer in the fridge for me, as I haven't told him about being sober now. But I will probably mention it to him when I am there.
Congrats on not drinking while out with a friend, Bobcat! That is an issue I still haven't tackled yet; I just don't trust myself in local bars with my friends yet (I'm worried it would feel too familiar and I'd get sucked back in...) so I'm very impressed! Also what a great gift for you to give your family on Mother's Day by telling them you are sober! I can only speak for myself and my family but i know mine would be so happy and relieved they don't have to worry as much about me.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
I'm worried it would feel too familiar and I'd get sucked back in...
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, it is very easy to get sucked back in when you remember all the fun times you had with friends when you were drinking with them. But I'm trying to look at it like that was a stage of my life that happened (whether good or bad), and now I am moving on to the next stage of my life.

As the days go by, I have more of an inner acceptance and peace about mistakes I've made and I don't beat myself up about them as often as I used to. Being sober has helped with that.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Checking in two hours before my 40th birthday. Eek! Tomorrow is also Day 20 for me.