Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 5

Old 04-29-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Sisterbobby View Post
((((Pouncer)))) I am so sorry>

You are a team player, we are a team and we are here for you. Try to get a good night sleep and hope tomorrow is better. Stay close.
Didn't beat yourself up, we all say things we shouldn't say. hang in there.
Agreed!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post

Pouncer, I am so sorry. I understand what you mean about his addiction making you feel unwanted and self-conscious. My husband has actually said that my drinking made him feel that same way - like he wasn't enough for me, that I needed to drink to be with him in general and intimately. I tried to explain to him that it had nothing to do with him! It was ME, I had to drink to make MYSELF feel better. I'm just wondering if perhaps you and your husband can discuss how similarly addictions impact the non-addicted spouse and maybe bring you two closer together because of it? I would never say I wish my husband was the way I am (I wouldn't wish alcoholism on my worse enemies...) but there is a part of him that thinks my being an alcoholic is a choice and we both get frustrated that he doesn't understand it. I'm just hoping maybe this could bring you two together, as you are both working on getting and staying sober. It sounds like there is still a lot of love there, so I'm just trying to find the silver lining.

If he doesn't want to get sober with his SA though, obviously that's a different story. I also understand what you mean when you say his addiction was a trigger for your drinking, but if I were you I'd try to separate the two because it sounds like the AV talking trying to find justification for drinking again. I'm not saying drinking doesn't make it easier for you to deal with his addiction (I am sure it does) I am just more concerned with your well-being is all, as I am sure this is taking a toll on you mentally and emotionally.

I really hope things get better for you, Pouncer. I am so sorry you are in this situation. I'll be thinking about you today so please keep us updated if you can. (((Hugs)))
Could not have said this better myself!^^^^
Old 04-29-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Getting ready for the weekend starts on Thursday and getting ready for Thursday starts now . . . (I think I am losing it in the too-careful department).

Mel
Old 04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Slow day here at SR, it seems. I am very happy that tomorrow is Thursday. That is kinda my Friday/Saturday. I get to sleep in, too.

I decided that I am going to visit a therapist - and not return if I do not feel comfortable with them. It will be good to have some outside support.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I decided that I am going to visit a therapist - and not return if I do not feel comfortable with them. It will be good to have some outside support.
sometimes they need to rattle the cage a little to see what's locked up inside

Old 04-29-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
love is the answer

I'm very glad to hear this. Sending you love. ♡
Old 04-29-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

You guys really made me feel loved. Thank you so much for caring.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

You guys really made me feel loved. Thank you so much for caring.
we are a team, you know you would do the same so just get use to it,
Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Checking in. Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Wow, alcohol is terrible for your liver. It was finally revealed that a famous musician died of alcoholic cirrhosis instead of from spider-bite complications, as was generally thought. I wonder how many cases of celebrity alcohol death are hidden from the public by means of cover stories. - Mel
Old 04-30-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Wow, alcohol is terrible for your liver. It was finally revealed that a famous musician died of alcoholic cirrhosis instead of from spider-bite complications, as was generally thought. I wonder how many cases of celebrity alcohol death are hidden from the public by means of cover stories. - Mel
Probably more than you could imagine.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Man. Today is really wiping the floor with me. I don't know why but I just feel really down. Which is surprising seeing how just a few days ago I felt the complete and polar opposite. I really need to get off the emotional rollercoaster. Ugh...
Old 04-30-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
love is the answer

With ya spirit. Feeling pretty drained myself over here. Be good to yourself my friend.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
With ya spirit. Feeling pretty drained myself over here. Be good to yourself my friend.
Still working on that. It's hard though ya know? Especially when I have to put on my happy face and prance around like the world is all rainbows and unicorns. I feel very isolated. Trying to shift my focus back to my novel. I can dump a lot of negative feelings into that world without any fallout in the real world.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Court jester

Just sitting here enjoying my evening Monster energy drink. Somehow, Monster drinks are my new "Ahh...relax and unwind" beverage of choice. Go figure. I suppose there are worse choices.

Hope you are doing well Pouncer. You could always pick up a few copies of Playgirl and leave them in conspicuous locations. Just sayin.....

It sucks that some of the ladies here have issues with their SO's. If it's any consolation, I would give my left thumb to be in a relationship so it kinda irks me when these men don't realize what they have or how good they have it.

Hang in there Djinn & myst, roller coaster emotions are actually the norm for this phase in sobriety. Treat them like water on a duck's back. They pass as do all things in this cyclical experience we call life.

Love you guys and gals!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Man. Today is really wiping the floor with me. I don't know why but I just feel really down. Which is surprising seeing how just a few days ago I felt the complete and polar opposite. I really need to get off the emotional rollercoaster. Ugh...
I feel the same. Husband is out tonight and I suddenly had the thought of drinking because there was no one to stop me. I didn't and I'm on here instead. I had been feeling so great last week, even earlier this week with the AV remaining mostly silent. Now I just feel miserable and depressed for no reason at all and I wish I could drink just to numb myself.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

The really good thing about recovery is bad days are just that - not bad weeks or months....hope tomorrow is a better day for all those struggling today

D
Old 04-30-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The really good thing about recovery is bad days are just that - not bad weeks or months....hope tomorrow is a better day for all those struggling today D
I've accepted that and reading posts from those who have been through the bad days and come out victorious has been helping. I just want to re-wire my brain, so the thought of drinking doesn't come to my mind anytime I have a bad day.

I suppose there's an upside, though; last month, drinking would have been the first and only thing that came to my mind when I'm feeling like this. I was thinking of many other things to improve my mood before the thought of drinking crept up.

Anyone doing anything special to improve their day/mood? Virtual ice cream sundaes on me.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

That rewiring can take a little while. I dunno about you but I drank for 20 years...at least the rewiring didn't take that long

D
Old 04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That rewiring can take a little while. I dunno about you but I drank for 20 years...at least the rewiring didn't take that long D
You're right, Dee. After years of drinking it will take some time for my brain to catch up. Thank you for the support One day at a time as they say...