Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 8

Old 07-08-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Have a good trip LBrain! Hope it's fun and safe :-)
Old 07-09-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
waking down

I think I'm getting a canoe, but I have to heal before I can use it. My sister acquired two of them (her husband passed recently).

Two days out of surgery and so far so good, although the bleeding is disturbing (but reportedly to be expected). I am looking forward to not having strangers washing, prodding and poking my junk. Follow-up appointment in six weeks. Yow.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hang in there Z. One day at a time.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

This was the TURP procedure, Zero?
Hope it works for you. And that you'll soon regain sole custody of... your junk, as you put it.
We have a canoe that's spent most of the past few years on a pair of saw horses beside the garage. My wife took our grandson out in it onto a small pond behind our house last summer; and for him, it was an adventure on the excitement spectrum similar to LB's sea kayaking, I'm guessing.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
waking down

Yeah, I suspect a canoe wouldn't get a lot of use, but it would be cheap, and my sister needs the money.

Yes, laser TURP. Medically necessary (so says the insurance company - so it was covered). Moderately suffering right now, but no more catheters. That's something.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in while watching reality tv singing shows. I have been so sick I can't tell you. There's been a horrible virus going round and I caught it well and good. Laryngitis so I couldn't talk, horrible cough etc. I think I am at the end of it now but worn out.

Hope you're all good!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I've had that. It's awful. I hate sore throats. You've had your share of health challenges lately Tiger Lili ' in addition to selling your place and your spooky neighbor.

I'm sitting here waiting for my golf lesson to be cancelled because it's raining. However, if it stops the lesson will go on. Just having coffee and chilling out. Life is good.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
waking down

Just touching base to say hi. I like to stay connected with y'all, but have to admit I'm spending less time on SR lately and I'm doing it more out of habit than anything. I'm continuing my Refuge Recovery path and getting stronger. I'll keep checking in once in awhile, but I feel like I'm better off spending less time on line and more time moving and regaining my strength. As posts seem less frequent with this group, I suspect some of you feel similarly. Hope y'all are well.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

I do that some too Z, although I'm not going through the ordeal you're facing. Physically I'm in good shape and try to maintain a regular work out schedule. Stay in touch.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

hey folks,

I survived the trip intact. Will fill you in later. Good trip. Still sober.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear LB

D
Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

I still check in here pretty often, but just don't have much to say these days. It's a kind of summerbrain - which, to put it mildly, doesn't generally bulge with insight. It's a happy brain, but a lazy one. I've been with this group for about 18 months, and regular check-in has become part of my routine. It's an interesting web of intimacy here. And funny to think that we could all be standing in line at a grocery store and have absolutely no idea who the others were. I like that!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I'm like you JR. This group is a safe harbor. Wherever I am in meeting the challenges of life, I can check in here and feel a sense of renewal and go out to meet the world again.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see all you guys

D
Old 07-16-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

During my trip I had several yearnings for a beer. Camping without beer, hiking without beer as a reward afterward... Even sitting in a cafe in Bar Harbor Maine with all of the tourists and brew houses etc. That was a tough one. My wife stepped up when I said a beer would be nice. She told me, "NO."

Glad she was there.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Drop in any time you want zero! Glad you've found a solid recovery path for yourself.

As for me, I am still sick after two weeks of this lurgy. Plus my neck issues are getting worse. Urgh. I have an apt with a neurosurgeon on 5 Aug.

I started smoking again! What is wrong with me.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

You're going through a very difficult time with your health Tiger Lili. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hey all! It's been a while since my last post and a lot has happened. I've slipped twice already.
After I had my baby in april, I got that shot that prevents me drinking alcohol. So I lasted 1,5 months and slipped, started to drink cider, that lasted for about 4 days, then my husband found out and we had a talk and I stopped. Then in the beginning of july was my birthday. Got throu the whole day sober and then husband left for a beer festival and at 11 pm I went out and bought 2 ciders again. Well, how stupid was that?! And then every day after that for about 7 days I had 1 vodka cocktail every day. I am so stupid, I hate myself for doing that. I mean really, what the hell is wrong with me, I have 3 young kids and what do I do, I guzzle vodka cocktails. OK, 1 drink may not be exactly toooo much, but I know where this is going.
So I went to see my psychiatrist again, got some pills and now I am at my mother-in-laws house, getting over my mistakes and trying to figure out how to stop.

So, feeling sad a guilty, hopefully in a few days I feel better about myself. Thank god I have such fun kids, they keep me occupied the whole day, do this climb there, roll over, lets play horse ect.

Hugs and kisses to you all!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

You saw what happened and sought help. Good for you! We've all been through it. Welcome back!!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hey Muhv! Sorry to hear you decided to drink and felt bad about it.

Glad you are wanting to stay stopped and also that your kids are an important part of your life.

TL, I don't know what to say. I'm giving you until the end of July to stop 'catching' things

Z, check in now and again. I find myself starting to drift away some.

VET, here is my golf tip of the week. Play every hole like it's your first and last and don't worry about what you did on the last hole. For us type of golfers anything better than a bogey is a good day. And leave the driver in the garage.

JR - The coolest thing ever was catching a striper on a kayak in the ocean. Didn't get a keeper - only 24" - but they were pulling me around like tug boats. My fishing was shortened because the missus wanting to kayak around the entire 'island'. I got worried about her because the day before with the wind against the tide we were getting some whitecaps away from the shore. And she is stubborn. She doesn't understand rule number 1 - never go out alone when the land on one side of you is thousands of miles away.