Old 07-17-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the pain issue resolves soon TL.
Sorry to hear you drank Muhv but I'm glad you're back on the right track

D
Old 07-17-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hi Muhv! Good to hear from you again. Interesting that your urge to drink manifested in that one daily vodka martini. Like you say, not a big deal for many people; but for you, bad news coming. I've broken periods of sobriety with a concession like: one glass of wine with dinner tonight. Just one. And I did it. Just the one. That one night. But we know where this always leads for some of us. And it's good that you had the insight and strength to get help, and change the plan. Congrats!

Nice to hear from you LB. You sound good. I hope Vet takes your golf advice..

Naughty naughty on the smoking, TL. But I'm sure it's only temporary. Clearly an expression of frustration and maybe a bit of anger re other matters. How's the house sale going? Did you get snow today? I see that Sydney got nailed. Warms a Canadian's heart to see the white stuff falling where it oughtn't. Welcome to my world!

Hope the healing's going well, Z.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Ok Brain, I took your advice. I went out to the driving range and told myself that I didn't give d***. I hit like it too. Oh well, at least it was a pretty day. The next 4 days are supposed to be very hot here in Northern Virginia. You'll probably get some of this up your way too Brain.

I have to go put my tie on and head out to a funeral. An old colleague of mine's wife died. I want to support him. It's an hour away so I have to get going.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Vet, my advice was to forget about the last hole. Play everyone like it counts. Remember if you scored nine on the last hole, you start the next hole with zero. That's the point. Every hole starts with a '0'.
Sorry to hear of yet another funeral for you.
My productive Saturday is turning into a hide from the heat and relax Saturday. If I had TV I'd watch golf. If the wife didn't need to catch up on sleep I'd bang on the mandolin - it's loud no matter what. Maybe watch a movie and take up night shift here. It's stinkin hot.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
waking down

Here to say howdy. In a cabin in AZ with wife and dogs. Nice getaway from running the inn. Good to hear from you Muvh, and the rest, hope you're well. Off to a dog show...
Old 07-18-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi muhv! Keep checking in with us. We're all here for you!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
TL, I don't know what to say. I'm giving you until the end of July to stop 'catching' things
Haha! Thanks :-)

The coolest thing ever was catching a striper on a kayak in the ocean.
I read the s word with a double T at first take and was quite perplexed.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
Naughty naughty on the smoking, TL. But I'm sure it's only temporary. Clearly an expression of frustration and maybe a bit of anger re other matters. How's the house sale going? Did you get snow today? I see that Sydney got nailed. Warms a Canadian's heart to see the white stuff falling where it oughtn't. Welcome to my world!
We had the 2nd open house yesterday. So far so good. No serious offers yet. I live too close to the coast to get snow, but we did in the mountains and rural areas. Tons of the stuff! It's just pretty cold for us. The weather people are calling it the "icy vortex" which is like about 55F where I am lol. We are all bleating about it to no end. You'd think it was the onset of the ice age.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

I must admit that meeting a stripper on a kayak would have cool too!

Striper = striped bass or rockfish. Very very tasty. Hard to cook em wrong too. Anyway you cook em they're great!

Thought I was going to get much done last nite. Nope. So today it is definitely discipline myself to work the whole day - hot and sweaty outside and cool inside. I'll be rotating between the heat and cool. I'm no longer going to be quiet for the missus to sleep. She has no predictable sleeping pattern anyway...
I still have 'sea' things hanging in the garage that need to be stowed. I'm sure they are completely dry by now - hanging for 3 days. Getting sand out of things is one of the miracles of life. Once it has sea sand, it always has sea sand.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

We are on the very verge of a thunderstorm here. Very hot and muggy, the sun disappeared an hour ago. My wife is still mowing outside under a darkening sky, I could smell the fresh cut grass when I walked through the kitchen a minute ago.

LB: I agree that sand is really tenacious. Your thinking on it is very quotable:
"Getting sand out of things is one of the miracles of life. Once it has sea sand, it always has sea sand."

TL: 55F ain't the end of the world, for sure. Your winter is very kind to you, even when it's in a bad mood. Patience on the house.

Are your dogs competing in a dog show, Z? I remember that you've said that your wife is quite into the doggies. Is it a performance kind of competition, or more looks and coif-based?

How are you doing Muhv? (and Vet)
Old 07-19-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I was sharing my time between inside and out... I decided earlier to pick up the mandolin for about a half hour. I tried to be very quiet. I woke up the wife. I asked her why she was awake already. She said mandolin... I can't win.

I need a sound proof room. Then I can take up the drums too!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Go for it, LB.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Several of my musician friends have taken up the mandolin lately, LB. Maybe it's the new ukulele! I hear you on the sand. I love the sea, I hate the sand.

JR - I think I am pretty patient all things considered. At first, I was going to rent somewhere for a year or so in the area I'm considering buying in, then I decided to buy because it will be so much cheaper for me than rent, now I'm considering renting again. It's hard to know what to do. I love owning my own place and not being at the mercy of landlords. What to do, what to do.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I haven't had a cigarette yet today (it's 5.30pm here) but I really want a drink! But then again, I really want to go to bed sober as a judge, so there's that, too :-)
Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay strong TL

D
Old 07-20-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I was a smoker when I was in my early 20's. I quit when I met my husband, because he didn't smoke and it was kinda weird to go out for a smoke alone. And then smell for smoke afterwards. But somehow it was really easy for me to quit, just like that I didn't smoke anymore.
But lately, I've had many dreams of myself smoking again. And it feels really good in my sleep and then I wake up and think where is this coming from?
I like the smell of smoke when someone walks by and smokes, then that little puff of smoke, I love it.

Stay strong TL, it's about 9 PM there now, right? I hope you made it through the day.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you stay strong and don't take up smoking again Muhv

D
Old 07-20-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I won't Dee, trust me. My brother has that e-cigaret thingy, I used it once (I thought it was without nicotine, just water smoke or something, haha silly me), I took 2 puffs and I felt so dizzy and sick afterwards, yuk, just yuk. I know I will not be a smoker again.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me either. I loved the second hand smoke for a while too, but I hate it now. Ugh.

D
Old 07-20-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

glad to see you posting Muhv, and don't smoke again. It's weird that on the way home from store this morning I thought about stopping for some tobacco. It'll soon be six months since I put down the chew. Cold turkey and it was powerful nicotine.

I ran out to pick up a couple oil bottles so I can remove the big jugs of olive oil from my counter top. Trying to organize so it's not so cluttered. Picked up some notebooks for 'accounting' purposes. One for ebay, one for craigslist, etsy etc.

Also picked up a new tent, they were getting rid of summer stock. Needed a tent!

Hope you're feeling better TL AND Dee.