Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 15

Old 10-10-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

What's RTMS Leshar ? I'm so sorry you are this low darling .i don't nderstand the ketamine either

I really wish we could help . We all need to go back to signing into our July class every day.
We need to touch base .

Please let us know how you go sweetheart , I'm really feeling for you .

Much love xxx

Off to workies .
Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

OK,
I'm checking in now.
I actually have my daughter's computer working and I'm testing it out.
Tablets are fine,but they sure can be a chore to type on.

I love the picture,Stacy.
No matter what is happening in a woman's life. They could be going through some terrible times and all you need to do is hand them a baby to hold.
And all is right with the world.

Leshar, you take care of yourself. We are all pulling for you.

I've been looking into taking some classes/training.
If I do this and get the ball rolling I can collect for an extra 26 weeks while schooling.
Would love to have time to go to classes without the need of night coarses.
But, we shall see. I tested pretty good on the required aptitude test.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm in an awful bind. On waiting list for rTMS, but suicidally depressed so psych referred me to another psych for intranasal ketamine. Go on tues.
I wonder if sobriety has pushed me to the edge? I can't drink now tho, sometimes I wonder if I've done myself more damage not drinking??
So empty and lonely and no family support.
I'm no Dr Leshar but I firmly believe there's nothing drinking could not make worse.

I'm really sorry you're still struggling but I hope you'll chime in here again regularly too - you seemed to do better then, to my way of thinking anyway

great pic NCG - you look very happy - and who wouldn't be

Hiya Bob - classes sound good to me

have a great weekend all

D
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi All -

Well I'm almost thru day 2 (it's about 7:00 pm here.) Had made dinner plans with my niece - yes the same niece I was out with on Wednesday, but the plans were made before then - but postponed them. My stomach is not ready for a regular meal yet. Managed to get down some hot tea, milk, apple juice, a few crackers and chicken noodle soup broth - but I don't feel like much else. Brewing some herb tea now and will be in bed early tonight, that's for sure. Really anxious for these lingering physical after-effects to be gone because I can't help but focus on them; distracting because I want to devote that effort to the hard work ahead.

My boyfriend is at the big monthly AA meeting he enjoys. He likes to run the snack bar. The juxtaposition of him at the meeting while I'm home recovering from a hangover is a bit surreal. And humbling. I think that if I was going to try to find some sort of upside to my relapse it is that I think it will be easier to have discussions about our sobriety, our challenges, etc.

Thank you all for your support. I have to say I had no hesitation coming back to this group, and I am so glad to be back. It seems that there are a few folks here who are new to me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. And of course the Julyers who have been here since I started this journey: Dee, Snoozy, Croissant, Leshar and Bob (Ladybug are you still here?) You are all the best, really.

Take care, all. Big hugs!

Stacy
Old 10-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Well I managed to eat a quesadilla just now. Stomach feels much better with food in it now - have been hydrating constantly, but my poor stomach did need something more in it. Food helped my headache too. I feel almost back to normal physically, outside of horrible heartburn.

Now I can get down to the real work of sobriety.

NCG
Old 10-10-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

You really see how horrible it makes you feel, hey NCG?

It's amazing how we forget how bad it is....especially the things we kinda learned to live with, like heartburn.

I'm so glad you are back and putting your sobriety as a priority. I did miss hearing from you and did feel like you tapered off being here once your boyfriend got sober. I think I will always want to know my fellow Julyers are going ok, so really missed hearing from you, even if it was every now and then.

PeteCrab drops by every so often too and is now engaged and going well.

Leshar, I read up on your treatment you are having...I hope it works out.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

.......And now ....for a feel good photo :-) My Ralphy :-) xx

image.jpg
Old 10-11-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Cheeky little bugger!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Lol :-))))) xx
Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've checked in. All is good here, just a lot going on with us at the moment. We put our townhouse on the market and are trying to sell it ASAP because we found a single family home we love and have a contingency offer on it. Just have to sell our place by Dec 1 and it's ours. No pressure, huh? I know it's not the best timing with my due date being Dec 7, but as it stands right now we have no bedroom for our second little one. We have 3 bedrooms and, since my hubby works from home 24/7, one of those is occupied as his office. We looked into finishing our basement and moving his office down there, but it would cost 33k to do so and it just doesn't make sense to put that kind of money into a house we don't plan on staying in more than a couple more years. So, we've had our house on the market for a week and have had 2 showings so far. One of those we were told was considering making an offer, but we still haven't heard anything Didn't realize how stressful showing/selling your home could be. This house we found is like our "dream" home so we really don't want to lose it. I guess it will all work out if it's meant to be, right?

NCG, it is great to have you back! Sorry to hear about your relapse, but it could happen to any one of us at any given time. I know there have been a few times that, if I weren't pregnant, I would have been very tempted to pick up a drink. Coming here always helps

Hope everyone else is doing well. Will check in more often, I promise.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi All -

Having a better day today, slept really well last night. It will take some time for my system to reset - it's amazing how one night of drinking impacts everything in the body. My hair, skin - everything. Had some breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs and sausage fixed by my boyfriend. Still don't have a huge appetite, but was able to eat my portion.

Snoozy, Ralphy is a cutie! Lots of attitude there!

Ladybug, good luck with selling your home, and your new home purchase. I've never owned, always rented, but just looking for rentals is stressful. I can only imagine the stress of buying.

Going to spend a quiet day at home, doing some chores, since NOTHING really got done on Thursday or Friday. Oh, and I'll be doing my hand exercises - I did make it to Physical Therapy on Thursday afternoon, and have sets of exercises to do at home. They already seem to be helping. I like that I can now do something to contribute to getting my hand back in working order. It's been very hard just sitting here for weeks babying it.

Will also be watching the baseball playoffs. It's my favorite time of the year sports-wise. Baseball playoffs and Football season. I have a friend that hosts dinner and Sunday Night Football watching. Fun, but I think right now I'll be watching at home. Even though it's a pretty tame crowd with lots of non-drinkers, I'm feeling like I need more sober time under my belt before I venture out into a social group thing. It's the social settings that get me when I've slipped.

Leshar, how are you doing? Sending good thoughts your way.

Take care everyone - can't say it enough, it's good to be back with this group!
NCG
Old 10-11-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Thanks, NCG. Still here, still not drinking. Still very low. Thanksgiving w/end here, and I'm alone as usual. Gfriends away with their families at cottages. Chronic loneliness. Not sleeping. Joined a running club, but blew out my left knee, arthritis, should have known better, pain and very swollen now. Wanted to connect with ppl, but everyone is already connected, no socializing after the runs were over which was what I had hoped might happen, even suggested brunch with a few ladies, but no takers. Made me feel worse, actually. It's really not from lack of trying.
Good luck as you work thru your exercises. Hope your pain is manageable.
Ladybug, I do hope you get that dream home.
Snoozy, what freaked out poor Ralph?
Nikki, how are you doing? Thinking of you. Wow, we all have our troubles, eh?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

image.jpg
Old 10-11-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Pooh yikes , that came out wY to big .
Just saying hi in my lunch hour guys . Sitting up here with all my friends lol ( alone )

Waiting for the others to come up .
Pappy was mewing , miaowing , meowing , mewling etc Leshar ! I captured him mid meow after waking up xx

Only 2.5 more hours then home on this gorgeous sunny day xx
Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Ye gads ! You can remove that if u want Dee it's from my new iPhone 6 plus , I'm playing around with it . I could never post to here from my other phone , so that's good news , I can keep in touch from work xxx love you all bunches , my darling little chickadees xxx
Old 10-11-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't see anything Snooz

D
Old 10-11-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's plenty of people and support here Leshar
D
Old 10-11-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Ok that's weird , cos I can see it ! I'm having a little bludge ( I mean working) in the chapel;p ... Heyyyyy it's Sunday !
Old 10-11-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Well I'm back all of what, three days, and now I really need advice. Because my boyfriend drank again today. He went out for a while today and I could tell right away when he came back. So I asked him if he'd drank and he said yes.

I asked him if it had anything to do with my drinking on Wednesday and he said no. And that I project my stuff onto him - that I need to work on my stuff and he needs to work on his. And that we should trust each other, be able to do things separately, and not have to report back every little thing we do when we are out. He said "when you asked me if I drank I was honest with you and said yes."

I told him yes I agreed that we need to work on our own stuff, and that we don't have to report every little thing that we do back to each other. But I directly said I would like him to tell me if he's been drinking, rather than me have to ask him. He agreed.

And now I'm at a loss. I just relapsed, feel awful about it, and am determined not to let it happen again.

My boyfriend says that I am more upset about Wednesday night than he was. And he's right - he wasn't really upset that I drank, only concerned that I drove. He was actually more irritated when I said that I was also upset that by my drinking I wasn't supporting his sobriety - that my choice to drink or not drink should have nothing to do with him.

Just like in early September he expressed no remorse for drinking today. While I don't expect the same level of "beating yourself up" that I do (I'm super hard on myself), I don't understand how someone who is supposed to be working a program (AA) can have what appears to be an "oh well" attitude about drinking. Admittedly I don't really know how AA works...

So I'm really confused. And a little scared, honestly. I am not being overly dramatic when I say it was hell living with him actively drinking. Our drinking "styles" are completely different - he binges solo for days on hard alcohol, I'm a party social drinker. But with my recent relapse I'm not sure what limits I can set for myself regarding his drinking (limits based on how it impacts me) without feeling like a hypocrite.

Any words of wisdom Julyers?

NCG
Old 10-11-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Sorry, NCG, isn't your lease up soon?

I just remember this because we moved around the same time last year?

Yeah, it kinda sounds hard to have comment on your partners recovery, when you are questioning your own?

I do agree, shouldn't he be more concerned about his drinking? But isn't the rule, it's none of your business?

If I may say, you seem (and I say "seem", because only you know your truth), to put your concerns for his sobriety above your own in the past. So I imagine, it will still be an issue. I know there are many here on this site who have stopped drinking, while their partners continue, but I thought he got to a really bad place this last time, when his family stepped in?

Oops...yeah, there I go....focusing on him! Lol.

His drinking again is concerning though - I'd say that's why he was quiet about yours, perhaps he was already realising HE was going to relapse also?