Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 15

Old 11-03-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi Ladybug,

It was nice to hear from you. I was thinking about you yesterday and trying to remember how far along you were. Take it easy. Moving is very stressful. I hope your babby turns on her own with a little help form your doc!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Chilly morning here. Turned the heat on for the first time. Fall weather has arrived!

Snoozy and Ladybug, good to hear from you! Ladybug I hope the baby turns and that she stays put until you've finished your move!

Had deer and turkeys in the yard this morning. The cats enjoyed watching them through the sliding glass door. I enjoyed watching the cats. I definitely am a crazy cat lady!

Have PT this afternoon, and will be stopping by the grocery store. I want to make a roast pork loin for dinner, sounds good now that we have some fall weather.

Bob, your Patriots pulled off an upset on Sunday! I would have put my money on the Broncos. Keep us posted on your job interview.

Take care -
NCG
Old 11-03-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Do your best

Been raining all day in london and its quite chilly

Hello everyone
Old 11-03-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope bub turns around too Ladybug - good luck with the move - it is stressful but once it's done, it's done

D
Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

My session today was at about an 7.5 out of 10 pain wise, but I can't get rid of this chronic headache and I feel totally wiped, hard to move to think, and mood no better, so should I abandon this treatment? I feel numb, flat, no desire no passion no motivation nothing lifts me even for a moment and I'm dragging myself from one minute to the next.
Very low and feel like I will be regarded as the dreaded difficult patient if I quit now.
Honestly, I know drinking won't help, but truly this is worse than I've ever, ever felt when drinking. It's like the worst punishment. I'm very weary. Thanks for just letting me say this.
I will see what tomorrow brings and I will not drink.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ultimately you have to do what you think is right Leshar.

but...I personally wouldn't worry what you're regarded as - continuing a treatment that's seemingly not doing you any good up to now, and majorly distressing you seems to me like putting other peoples well being and feelings above your own?

D
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Discouraged.
I guess searching for a job is going to be highs and lows...........more lows than highs.
Two times now I've had HR people all excited and then never heard back.
It's only Monday..right?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Bob -

Not sure if it will help, but as an HR person <grin> I can tell you our average time from application to hire runs around 45 days for our administrative and technical staff (even longer for scientists.) Depending on the process used by your prospective employers it can take a couple of weeks to set up an interview, particularly if you'd need to interview with multiple people. Going into the holiday season this gets a bit worse, I'm afraid, since folks tend to take time off.

Hang in there, and it never hurts to follow up on the status of your application with whomever you've been talking with at the companies you applied with.

NCG
Old 11-04-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang on there Bob. I hope something happens soon

D
Old 11-04-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hiya all

I agree Bob , try not to get discouraged. It will happen xxxxx hugs
Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

g'day Snooz

D
Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update ladybug.

Hope all are having a good week.

Bob, what can I say? I've been there, so totally understand - try to just focus on applying and being resilient. It's a hard gig looking for work, there's no doubt - but try not to let your negativity spiral, if you can.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers -

I've been doing a lot of SR surfing and reading old threads (mostly in FAF) and reading on my Kindle. I have to say it's giving me so much to think about, it's kind of exhausting. Alcoholism, co-dependent, ACoA! I have to confess I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this triple winner (is that even a thing?) stuff.

The common theme seems to be focus on me, on my own recovery in all three areas. Not easy to do, really - I was raised to not focus on my own needs, it was considered selfish. Whining that it's not easy to do would have also been considered selfish. Argh!

Lots of work to do, unlearning old unhealthy behaviors and learning healthy ones.

NCG
Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good morning Julyers!

PT later today, then Thursday Night Football tonight! Planning to order pizza and enjoy the evening.

Watching the Queen Latifah Show for the first time. I love Queen Latifah. I can't believe this is the first time I'm watching her show. Was flipping through channels and saw that Gloria Steinam will be one of her guests. Read three of Gloria Steinam's books in college. What a strong woman role model.

Hope everyone has a good day!

NCG
Old 11-06-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for part 16 guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-16-a.html

D