Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
orangutan

That trip to the Island sounds like it was good Mirage. Nice upgrade!

DAY 27 Nothing much to report on here, just plodding along.

It sure is quiet here these days, I would love to hear from some more of you.

Take care Marchers (or take car LOL ,which is what I first posted).
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 27 days aussie

D
Old 10-11-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Yes, nice rebound, aussie! Keep up the great sober work!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hellooo! Whelp, things here are going well. Had my son's 13th birthday party and am in the middle of painting that bathroom! I'm staying busy and happy. Also, I got to thinking that next summer marks 30 years since we graduated high school and nothing is planned so far. I am NOT a party planner, but I took the reigns, and put feelers out on facebook and got good responses so I'm booking the place and making and event page on fb and going forward! This is uncharted territory for me as I generally am not interested in being in charge of basically anything, but it feels good to be doing it. I think I'm a good person to do it, too, and everyone seems to be thankful it's getting done. Hopefully it'll go well and we'll have enough people! So far so good, tho.

Did I mention my 15 yr old has a girlfriend? First time, it's pretty cute. He's going to ask her to the homecoming dance tonight. She came over last week and they watched Twilight Zone episodes. lol She had never seen it and he wanted her to.

Hope you're all well! xoxoxoxoxox!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers! All is well here. Sobriety is strong, loving being a sponsor, making 4-5 meetings each week and loving all of them, life is good. I feel productive and like I'm moving in a positive direction. Yesterday would have been 13 months, but there won't be another official celebration until 18 months.

Aussie, that's GREAT! Keep it going!
Mirage, I'm considering doing our next reunion, too, and have been brainstorming some thoughts. If you'd like to put our heads together, you know where to find me.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations PBC

Mirage I love the idea of a reunion, I often wonder about my old school mates.

DAY 35 The weather continues to heat up here and I am noticing a steady incline in the number of visitors to our town , dreading the Christmas holidays. A lot of snakes starting to show up too , the was a small tiger snake dead on the road yesterday only about 1 foot long and where there are babies there will be a mother and more young tigers are definitely one snake you don't want around. Generally speaking my mood is pretty good, at the moment I am in one of my up periods , if only this feeling would stay.

Take care Marchers.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Glad you're in good spirits, aussie! Stay away from those snakes, yikes!

Having a nice Sunday eating white bean chicken chili, having a fire, and watching the Lions play. Very close to finishing the bathroom. New shower curtain and rod went up today. I need rugs to match the curtain. It looks so much better not green. haha.

Had a very bad stomach flu that hit me at 12:38 am on Thurs. morning. I'm not quite 100% energy wise, but almost there. It was very ugly, Dave had to take the day off to help me, I wasn't out of bed on Thursday and Ben was home for the same thing, tho his wasn't as bad. Anyhoo..we're hoping T and D don't get it. Cross your fingers!

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
orangutan

Get well Mirage!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds awful mirage - hope you're on the mend

D
Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys! Guess what? Tony got it at 2:30am. lol Nooooo! Poor Dave, he's like a ticking time bomb! I actually took a step backwards today, back to toast. This thing sucks! I hate being down for the count! Enough! Reminds me of my drinking days. The ability to just lay for hours and hours. I really don't do that anymore cuz I feel good. This reminds me of what I felt like so often. Man alive, I'm glad I don't drink anymore.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad I don't have this flu LOL

Hope you're kicking it for realz now mirage

D
Old 10-20-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi friends just saying hi!!! Xo
Old 10-20-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Frances
How are you?

D
Old 10-22-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
orangutan

Yes , I was just going to put out a call for Frances myself. Where have you been?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hello and happy Friday my sober friends! We're getting past the flu monster that inhabited our house for awhile. D still hasn't gotten it, though. That's a bit frightening. lol

Been busy, too. T has his homecoming dance Saturday and B is going to a friend's bar mitzvah so they needed dress clothes. T's date is wearing a red dress so I got him gray pants and shirt, black blazer and a cool red patterned tie, and black wing tip dress shoes. They're gonna look cute! I kept singing ZZ Top (sharp dressed man) when he was trying clothes on. He'd give a twirl and point with both hands..lol! We're dorks.

Tonight we're going to the haunted corn maze. SO much fun and I must say, pretty scary. T's bringing his girlfriend. She seems very sweet.

So yeah, just been busy with stuff and enjoying the beautiful fall colors and leaves changing. I LOVE October, it's my favorite.

Hope everyone is well and healthy. xoxoxo

Old 10-24-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend gang

D
Old 10-24-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Post pics, Mirage! I wanna see the sharp dressed little men!

My little one is home with a fever today. She's napping on one sofa, and the dog we're dogsitting for a neighbor is napping on the other. It's a really exciting day at my house, obviously! Ha ha! My little granddaughter was here for a bit this morning, and now I'm off to my meeting.

Aussie, it's so nice to hear you in good spirits! I hope you don't encounter any more snakes ... ick!
Old 10-24-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sounds like fun Mirage. ENJOY!!!!!

Sorry everyone is getting sick over there.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

The haunted corn maze and haunted house was a BLAST! They do a great job. It's funny, there are a lot of people that get seriously freaked out. lol I mean, I get scared when I get startled, but once the creepy dude has jumped out at me, I'm not actually afraid of him. They're not allowed to touch you, but they will get really close and follow you. But some people just scream and scream. lol We had a group of 20-somethings latch onto us, they were so scared. Ben had to lead them through the maze. Umm...a 13 year old is helping you. ha! I love when the guy fires up the chainsaw and chases you out of the maze, it's the best part. Just running in the dark and not looking back, so fun.

Homecoming and bar mitzvah went great, no problems. T is super busy with the play, his practices are going till 6:30 now. I worry about his homework and sleep of course, but so far he's handling it all. He'll feel bored when it's all over, but I'll be relieved. It ends the weekend before Thanksgiving. B's play is in December.

Still thankful every day that I don't have to worry about hangovers!! Yay sobriety!!!

Love to all the Marchers and our Dee Dee!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad you enjoyed your self Mirage.

Finding this site very depressing today, I have been reading some posts by people who have been here as long as or longer than myself reporting they are drinking or only in early days of sobriety , I am drinking myself ,
2011 - 2014 and still haven't found the strength to stay stopped. Probably will drink tonight even though I want to be sober but they are predicting storms and the only way I can get through one with out having a full blown panic attack is by drinking its only the start of the storm season and it will only get worse , if you went through the sheer panic I do when it storms you would understand my need to control it. I just hate summer and what it brings.