Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 08-21-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

My brother and his family are in town from Seattle, so we were at my mom's visiting them today. They come for a week, once a year. Not enough, but it's good to see them. Gearing up for school to start. Officially quit my job and got on the substitute teacher list. I feel better.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Whoa! I just took one of those silly facebook questionnaires, "What Quote from a Disney Movie Should be Your Life's Motto?" Guess what I got??? JUST KEEP SWIMMING. lol! Weird, or what? I swear, I wasn't even thinking about it when I took it.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in , hope all are well. Nothing much to post about , just plodding along. If I took the questionnaire I reckon I would have got the same answer as you Mirage.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Maine is gorgeous having a lovely time. Quiet and peaceful and lots of time outside xoxoxox
Old 08-25-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Mirage, I hope you're having a great time with your brother!
Aussie, keep on keeping on! You're doing great and rockin' your recovery!
Frances, yay for beautiful, peaceful, quiet days at your 2nd home!

I'm up and ready to take dd18 and drop her off at college today. I was a blubbering mess last night (after she'd left for a few hours). She's been such a delight for all these years, and it's heartwrenching that this time has come to an end. I thoroughly enjoy her. And, of course, it occurred to me last night that I missed a lot of time with her because of my drinking. Yes, I'm so glad I've stopped, but I'm also sad that I ever started and that I let alcohol steal my time with them - something so selfish and consuming and stupid. I don't get those years back, you know?

Yes. Yes. I know. Accept what I can't change and change what I can. That's what I'm working on. That, and trying to get all her stuff into my car.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Aw, good luck with the drop-off, PBC. I see those 'off to college' posts on fb and it breaks my heart cuz I know that day is coming for me, too. I know exactly what you mean. These kids are so much fun, I can't imagine them not in this house or in my life, daily. Seriously can't wrap my brain around it. Hang in there!

Glad everyone is doing well! Enjoy that vaca, Frances! This is our last week off for the summer. We're going up north on Thursday night for the weekend. Supposed to be cloudy, maybe rainy and not very warm, but no matter...that's why we have a big fireplace! It'll be good. We got a new toilet put in and I haven't seen it yet, so that'll be exciting. lol

Have a great day, all!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Move all done. Very happy with the new place

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead

D
Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

So happy for you dee!!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Frances

have a greet weekend!

D
Old 08-31-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

That's great, Dee..I bet that's a big load off. I'm glad you like it!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm glad you like your new place, Dee! And that the move is over ... that's a ton of work!

We're getting ready for school to begin tomorrow. I think dd14 is all ready. She's at volleyball practice at the moment, and we're taking her for ice cream afterward to celebrate the last night of summer. I'm excited about it, too, because I cut the ice cream out of my routine a couple weeks ago when I noticed that I'd gained 2 pounds. It will be nice to enjoy it tonight!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys

D
Old 09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I see BRYAN in the thanks above!

HI BRYAN? How are you?

Sending love to all Marchers.

Swimming along here.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend everyone

aussie, Lofty? how you guys doin?

D
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Hope everyone is enjoying their September so far. Today is our last hot and humid day. Rain comes through later and then a 20 degree cool down for tomorrow. I'm kind of excited about it. Love this time of year. The summer wasn't hot, but I'm a hoodie girl and you just can't wear em in the summer!

The boys started back to school this week, so we've been busy adjusting and buying school supplies. They're both liking their classes and teachers so far, so that's always good. I bought myself a Fitbit, which you put on your waistband or in your pocket and it tracks your steps you take every day. I don't get enough, so I thought this might be motivating! A few of my friends have one and you can "friend" them. Anyway, it's worked the last couple days, as I'm getting out there and walking. I downloaded some podcasts from Dr. Joy Browne (radio psychologist) and I listen to that. I'm not happy with my weight right now.

Had a drinking dream last night, go figure.

TGIF! Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

We're going to the big UofM/Notre Dame game tomorrow -- woot woot! A work friend of mine got us tickets, which are REALLY tough to get. Dh is mighty excited! I can't wait to see her, actually.

I had a tv thing today, and it went well. I had to show 3 different beers. I brought them home and put them in the fridge, and honestly didn't think about them even once until I was sitting in my AA meeting. A year ago, that's ALL that I'd have thought about until I drank them, and I don't even like beer! And then, of course, that wouldn't have been enough. I'd have had to go pick up a fifth, and then my entire weekend would have been shot in one fell swoop. All other plans would have been moot. It's so nice to not have that compulsion/obsession/bondage today.

Hugs to you all!
Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

It's a great feeling, isn't it PBC? 3 cheers for rewiring neural pathways! Holla!

Have fun at the game today. D and I had tickets to the Lions game on Monday night but decided to sell them. I love me some Lions but I don't love me some Monday night football. Hello drunks! Plus he learned that the Tigers are playing that day at home, so hello double the drunks! Just that whole atmosphere we're not into, and it's tough for him to be out late during the week. Anyhoo...we'll be watching it at home and we'll actually get to see the plays! haha.

GO BLUE!!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone (((())))
Old 09-08-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I have had a rough couple of weeks, I was going to post about it but it only sounds like excuses for the drinking I have been doing. I am going to try and get back on track.
Just pathetic.

Dee glad you got your house sorted.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back, aussie. Just get back on the horse, girl...we love ya!

Guess what I got suckered into doing for this week and maybe next?? Teaching pre-school! lol Gahhhh. They haven't done all their hiring yet and need someone to sub till they hire someone, so I said yes. I'll tell ya the bizarre thing: I got a lot of stomach aches when I was working. Like, my co-teacher would tell me I should go to the doctor, they were happening that frequently. So summer comes...nothing. I've had no problems all summer. I take this temporary job? Boom. Within the hour. SO, I guess it IS stress. I think I didn't know cuz I don't feel it in my head so much, it must manifest itself in my digestive tract. Interesting. Anyhoo...so I'm working MTW all day and T/TH half days till they find someone. B has a sore throat so I hope he doesn't need to stay home any time soon! I'll be mad if I can't be home with him. T is auditioning for Ragtime this week so cross your fingers for him! He's making me a nervous wreck with his procrastination and laid back attitude. lol

Speaking of Tony, listen to this awesome story. So he's taking an advanced placement college level US History class this year. It's supposed to be REALLY hard for the kids, he's only grade 10. So he had his first test..open note, on the first 4 chapters. He came home and said he didn't even look at his notes. I was thinking, WHY?!?! lol So we got the test results back. Highest possible was 58 pts, the median and mean were 37, the highest score was 56. Guess what he got! 56! hahaha That kid LOVES himself some history, I was really happy for him. Hopefully he can keep it up. He'll be SO busy this term if he gets into this play. sigh. Ok, I'm done rambling.

Have a great day, all. Stop beating yourself up today, aus..you're ok..it's another day.