Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 09-11-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
I have given up on September class there are to many people over there and no one speaks to me so I will stay here where you all know me.
There was a time when this was a pretty big class too and you stuck with this one, aussie....?

The Marchers - y'all - are great but this is now a pretty small and irregular posting group.

What about the Under One Year thread?

D
Old 09-11-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

That's a good idea. Find one you feel comfortable in, but don't stop trying to find a new, active one.

Dee just called us small and irregular! ~sniff~ lol
Old 09-11-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There was a time when this was a pretty big class too and you stuck with this one, aussie....?

The Marchers - y'all - are great but this is now a pretty small and irregular posting group.

What about the Under One Year thread?

D
I think I will stick with this thread and the 24 hour group and just post on other threads as I read them for now. I was just feeling like I didn't exist , just moody I guess .

Small and irregular
Old 09-11-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL just in posting terms, guys.

Just trying to direct you to more support Aus.
It's there if you want it

D
Old 09-11-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
orangutan

And I appreciate it.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Haha, just needlin ya, Dee.

So I'm officially as heavy as I've ever been and I'm miserable in that sense. Time to do something, I'm lacking motivation.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
orangutan

I know , me too Mirage, once you hit the 50's it gets really hard to keep it off.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I just found out RobbyRobot passed away. I was reading those threads, but it got too hard. I would sit there, bawling, so I decided I'd better distance myself. I felt bad, but I just thought it was best for me. Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear he passed. How wonderful that M had/has so much support from this community, wow. This place is truly special.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is Mirage, yeah

D
Old 09-16-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Guess what? Today is my 2 year sobriety birthday! I'm 2! I NEVER thought I'd say that! I remember going to meetings and seeing people with month and thinking they were superheroes .. it just felt so so so ginormous.

I work 11 hours today, so I won't be able to make my meeting. And tomorrow I work through it, too. But, Friday I'll be celebrating with my peeps! Yay! I've gotten several cards already from my sponsees and friends. I feel loved.

We had our family portrait taken about a week ago, which is my chosen way of celebrating each year. It's meaningful to me for a few reasons:
* I stopped being so self-centered and isolated and can be with them again now, the way I am supposed to be.
* They stuck with me through many times when they had every right to give up on me.
* It's an ongoing gift. I wanted to avoid anything that would be more "final", as I know I have NOT been cured. I've not arrived. I'm not done. I wanted to choose a reward that I'd want AGAIN year after year. One of the guys in my meeting (who has 32 years of sobriety! Wow!) Always says, "I have alcoho-ISM, not alcohol-WASM". What a catchy was to remember that this is forever!

And, I got to help a brand newbie last night at my job, too. She was joining my work meetings (not AA), and in talking, I learned that she was also on day 2 of sobriety. I told her about me and gave her my number. We bonded. I invited her to AA, too, so maybe I'll see her Friday. It felt good to be used by God to encourage another going through what we've gone through. I still believe more than ever that I can do much more good in the world by my weakness than I ever could by my strength, as long as I'm willing to admit those weaknesses.

I get to participate more in our recovery church services this fall, too, which I'm excited about. This month I'm doing music one week, next month I'm preaching one week, and the next two months I'm doing music again.

It feel so good to be on this side of the coin! I want to stay here, so today I will not take a drink.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again PBC - you've done so well

D
Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years, PBC!!

Old 09-16-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

It took me a while, Dee ... thank you to all of you for still being here when I was ready. You're beyond awesome!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much love to all of you!!!
Old 09-21-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
orangutan

CONGRATULATIONS PBC

DAY 22

Mirage , it is very sad about Robbie, I read that entire thread , he will be missed terribly here. We also lost grtgrandpa, another big loss.
Too much bad news lately.
I have been busy with the school holidays so haven't been around , I have the day off tomorrow, as much as I want a day out this wont be a fun day I have a doctors visit followed by my 2 year mammogram , I will need to follow up with some serious cloths shopping .
Hope you are all well.
Love from Auss.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Have fun gettin your boobs smooshed, aus! lol They really should have an emoticon for that. Try to enjoy your day off!

Things are good here. My 16 yr. old got the role of Marius in Les Miserables, which was what he was hoping for, so that was fun. It's gonna be a great show. I'm still doing PT for my shoulder, not sure it's doing any good yet. We are having an absolutely beautiful stretch of weather. Sunny, high in the mid 70s, cool crisp nights. Perfection. It's forecasted to be the same for at least the next 10 days. Leaves are starting to change now, too. Dropped a few pounds this week, so I feel a bit better. Hope you're all well!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not looking for an emoticon for that LOL...

Enjoy the shopping part Aussie - glad you're enjoying the fall Mirage - hope your shoulder comes good. Congrats to your boy too

Hope all is well with you PBC

D
Old 09-22-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your great-grandpa, Aussie! I'm sending a big hug your way. I wish I was there to take you clothes shopping ... I love picking out clothes for other people. (and I'm kinda good at it, too!)

Your ds is such a star, Mirage! That's SO COOL! And congrats on those pounds, too. It feels great to be going in the direction we want!

As for the emoticon, aw! C'mon, Dee! I'd use it. And the search would probably be very ... um ... educational.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

GrtGrandpa was another member here PBC
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rtgrandpa.html

Time for another thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-24-a.html

D