Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 12-03-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

All is well here, too! Glad to hear of your happiness, PBC! Just doing holiday stuff..got a few xmas gifts today, been putting lights up, ordered my photo xmas cards from Vistaprint and they came already! Super cute.

This last week I had FOUR contractors screw me over. (I'm trying to get crown molding in 2 small bedrooms and the painters were scheduled to start on Monday.) I was so mad. I'm a very patient and nice person. lol Seriously, when people have to reschedule, I'm always really good about it. But freaking TELL me you're not coming. That's all I ask. It's like they don't think they need to let you know. It feels so rude. Anyway...I'm still waiting.

Have a great day, Marchers!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Aussie - congrats on your month - hows things?

D
Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 34

Hi Guys , I haven't been online for a few days , my husband took me away for a couple of days before the mad Christmas rush hits town. I love that man to pieces!!!!!
Still moving forward.
Mirage sorry about the contractors.

Take care all.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

How nice, aussie! Hope it helped rejuvenate you and congrats on your sober time!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sure do miss my March group wish you guys would post now and again.

First day in a week where no storms are forcast but its really muggy after days of storms and I reckon we still might get one. Dee that storm in Brisbane last week was a doozy , did it effect you?
Not much else going on .

DAY 37
Old 12-09-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi aussie! Woot woot on 37 days! Glad you're well and that the storms have steered clear. Busy here getting ready for the holidays. Gifts are bought, I need to wrap. We got our tree on Sunday and it's up and lit, but I need to get the ornaments on it today. B's play (The Music Man) is this weekend, Th, Fri, Sat., so we'll be seeing that each night. Excited! It's his first play, it'll be fun to see him. He's sort of a quiet type, blushes easily. I was surprised he wanted to do it. Sunday is our extended family xmas party (my family), with all my cousins, aunts, uncles. Always fun. I need to make cheesy potatoes and bring rolls.

Whoa..T just called. Power out at the high school, have to go pick him up! Bye! Have a great day!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
orangutan

Well I spoke too soon, the storms did come and more forecast for the next couple of days .
My Christmas shopping is also done but unwrapped, my tree is up and stands a whole 1ft high and is already decorated so I just have to bring it out of the cupboard each year, done!
I hope the play goes well and that your family party is fun.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been a slacker-poster, Aussie! I'll work on that.

I LOVELOVELOVE reading how you love your hubby! That melted my heart a little! What a beautiful blessing for you!

We're hoping to finish our Christmas shopping tonight. The house has been decorated for a while now, but I haven't done any outdoor lights yet. I'm going to have a little party for some of my AA friends next Friday, so I'll be sure to have a few outdoor lights up by then.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hi all! Life is full and good, sending love!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, my Marcher friends! How is everyone today?

Aussie, what day are you on now?
Lofty, are you around? How are you doing?

Another good friend of mine joined the ranks of the free recently, and I'm so so so so excited and happy for her!

Friday night we're having a little Christmas party for a bunch of my AA friends at our home. I still find it crazy how hard I resisted AA ... and now I completely love everything about my meetings and the people who come. I suppose we all have to come to this on our own terms, but I really wish I'd succumbed sooner. I may have avoided a lot of pain, and also putting my family through pain.

My 14 year old was on a "my life is awful" kick for a little while, so I started making her come up with a daily gratitude list on our drives to school each day. I wanted her to begin to realize that, even though she doesn't get everything she wants, she still has it pretty amazingly GOOD. Last Sunday dh, dd18, dd14, and I were all in the car together, so we played "the gratitude game" for quite a while, everyone listing one thing they were grateful for in a circle until we'd all listed 10. My dh's last one, that he said he'd saved until last because it's his biggest one, was that I had more than a year of sobriety. I asked him why that one was so special to him, and he said, "In those last months of your drinking, it was really, really awful for me."

He didn't want to go into detail then in front of the kids, but I got him to tell me more on Tuesday night. He said that he just could never count on me to be there. I was always either drunk or sleeping, and ... and this is the big one for him and me ... he was starting to learn how to and adjust to living life without me.

Wow.

I needed to hear that. That will keep me sober in some difficult moments. We've always been so so so so close, but I was becoming simply absent, and he needed to keep going. I don't want to end up left behind with my bottle.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I can relate to that with your husband, PBC. I think mine was making do without me, too. I didn't realize how disconnected I was, I thought I was pulling it off, but I wasn't very present and it was felt by him.

Thoughts are out to you in Australia today in regards to the hostage situation in Sydney. Breaks my heart, I hope it all will end ok. Why does there have to be such awful, violent people in the world? I just don't get it.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hello to the Marchin' buddies. I hardly go online anymore & had to go change my password to gain access.life is good. Love the meetings still, helping some fellow alcoholics....my sore spot is my daughter who I have not seen or heard from since she signed herself out of rehab over 2 months ago. Hoping to see a Christmas miracle with her & her addiction. My son is in the hospital with some kidney problems, and I'm grateful for being healthy & still hitting the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Trying to get ready for the holidays, decorated & all, a little but if shopping to do. Have been "dating" a gal from high school days for a month or so. She is a normal drinker, & usually does not drink when we are out. Other than that, I am so grateful for all of you, my sobriety, & the people God has put in my life. I wish you all a very Blessed, wonderful, safe, happy & healthy holiday season & New Year!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you bryan and awesome to hear things are well

D
Old 12-19-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Back atcha, Bryan! Glad things are well.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 48

Hi everyone
busy, busy, busy, it's that time of the year, people everywhere!

Bryan so good to hear from you and that things are going well for you.

It's been a rough couple of weeks with storms here , we are getting them everyday and hot, Wednesday the temp. got up to 38 degrees c.

Hope your well.
Love Aussie.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Funny. Picked up my I pad & Sober Recovery app is staring me right in the face. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday so grateful for my sons health, only to find the cause of his kidney failure was drugs. He gave up heroin, off it for 5 months now....but like we with addictions, he replaced it with cocaine, club drugs, Valium, marihuana & alcohol. Lied to me & the Drs. Could have lost his life, his leg. Still in ICU ...4th day. I did not visit him yesterday. I am a mess. No sleep. To top it off, my daughter e-mails me a tear jerker...1st contact in months. My pops needs more heart surgery.
It ain't about me, although, I seem to like people feeling sorry for me, not really. It is how I handle things. It is about how I stay sober. Been to 2 meetings in 24 hours, another tonite. On the phone with my sponsor & other friends in Aa.
Blessed because I don't want to drink. Blessed to have this fellowship in my life, blessed for you all in my life. For if I were to drink, I would surely die.
Going to do something about my spirituality this afternoon. I don't know what, but when I go to the hospital, I am going to seek out a Chaplin or priest to comfort my soul. I am reaching out to other alcoholics, for when I do, it takes my mind of self. Go to another meeting later, cuz I don't want to drink. Meet with my sponsor later, so I can cry. Go to a Alcothon New Years Eve planning meeting for by being if service it takes my mind off self.
I was freely given these tools to live sober. I want others to share these tools so they too can wake up happy & free.
I am blessed, because I have not had a drink today. God Bless You All!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
orangutan

Bryan I am so sorry you are going through all this, but I am inspired by your words and strength on staying sober. Sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are a little harder Bryan but your commitment to recovery is, as always, inspiring...

I hope those in your life who struggle with addiction will find their way just as we did.
Prayers for them and your pops

day 48 is awesome Aussie

D
Old 12-20-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Aw, Bryan..I'm so sorry about all of your hard news. I'm so glad you have all of that support to help you deal. I can't imagine how it must feel, we love our kids so much. Hang in there, and keep that sober strength up, you're doing great, so proud of you!

Wow aussie..you made it through some big storms, good for you!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Wow aussie..you made it through some big storms, good for you!!!
Only just I still have those pesky panic attacks.