Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 07-12-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone.

I guess we all have to pay the piper. However you look at it whether it be karma, paying for your sins, the universe ... whatever. Sometimes it may be better to let go of something that means more than anything to you just to be sure that you don't destroy it. Life is made up of decisions, both good and bad. I know that I should do what my heart tells me ... but what if the heart is wrong this time. What if the heart causes more damage than good. I know hindsight is 20/20 .... i just wish foresight wasn't blind. ....... anyway

Kat hope the 5k goes well and the soccer game too. Stay strong today, you can do it.

Chick you can do this ... you are so much stronger than you think. I believe in you.

Soli I will be praying for you, you are having a tough time but I believe that you can get through it.

Kitten, Dee, free, obo, pan, kelly, luc and anyone else who I didn't mention. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks, UP. It went well. I shaved 4 min off my time from last year...wonder why.

Hope you are doing ok.

Hot one again in NY. Actually someone collapsed during the race today. Eeek.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

That's great work Kat, beauty in motion, for sure!

This evening I'm off to a family party. There will be children there I think, so there's bound to be soft drinks available. I've already let a few people know that I'm alcohol free now, so hopefully it will be plain sailing. Then tomorrow I'm a free spirit and can mooch about on my own.

UP, I've recently watched a TED talk on the web, which talked about how we make difficult decisions, and why some decisions are difficult and others easy. Basically a difficult decision is when there actually is no "best" decision. Our poor brains keep going round and round trying to work out what is best, when there is no best. I hope whatever you decide leads to more peace for yourself and others.

Another related TED talk, was about living with regrets, and how our regrets show that we are authentic, feeling human beings, rather than sociopaths, and that a regret is a sign that we're learning to do better. It made me think about regrets a little differently.

Hope everyone's doing good this weekend.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks free .... I haven't listened to any TED talks in quite a while, will check them out later.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I'm hanging on...so far.

Chick how are you doing?

Mariah/Luc hope you girls are well. Have we heard from Rocks?

We watched an Airshow today. There are some truly awesome older planes.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Panacea that's a good idea. I have a treadmill in my room so I can use that as a reason to get away when I need to. I think it will be easier for me to excuse myself when my husband is home. Unfortunately, he will come home Mon evening and have to leave again Wed morn until Friday.

Freein that's good advice but I'm just not forward enough to tell them I need rest and
everything. I don't think his mom really understands because she's the opposite...she does not like to be alone ever. I didn't have time to put it off because I didn't know until last week and my father in law had taken off work and everything. THere's a chance they mentioned it to me sooner and with everything going on I just didn't hear.

Thanks for the prayers UP I can surely use em

Good job on the race AK!

Well there was a festival today. Last night I discovered that it was assumed that I would be going with everyone. Dread. Well, this morning I mustered up the courage to say that I was not up to it. I felt a little guilty but I really did not want to go. They took the kids. So I had some alone time for the first time in FOREVER! They were gone a long time but it went by super fast. At first I was super excited about the possibility of laying in bed and watching movies all day but that's not what I did. I made a glowing green smoothie, Did 3 miles on the treadmill, made magic bars, and actually played the piano. I haven't played the piano in a very long time and I was surprised that I remembered much of Moonlight Sonata by heart. Then I got the sheet music out. I decided one of my short term goals will be to relearn that song. My mom loved it.

Well when everyone got back from the festival they all wanted to go to the local bar/restaurant. Again, I opted out. My mother in law seemed disappointed and wondered why, and "was I sure"? They do like to drink. There is margarita mix and beer. I am not tempted.

Well I told another friend about my decision to quit drinking. It's really weird. I don't talk to him often and he messaged me about a guitar amp I have that used to be his. Then we talked about how we were doing. He said he is having some heart issues and that his past lifestyle might be catching up with him. So I told him I quit drinking about 5 days ago. He said he's working on it too. How cool.

Anyway I feel like telling people has made it easier for me.

Someone, related to my husband that I don't really know, messaged me on FB. She saw some art I posted on FB. She asked if I'd be interested in drawing a portrait, she wants to give to her mom for her birthday. She sent with her message a picture of her and her brothers and sisters. Told me to give her an estimated cost. The message was sent a couple of days ago. I was going to say no but had to get the nerve up and think of what to say. Well this morning I responded that I would possibly attempt to do it. I regret it. It seemed like maybe a good project to focus on and motivation to do art, but I don't know. I'm scared I won't be able to do a good job and I'll get frustrated and depressed. I asked her to e-mail me the image because I couldn't see it good in the message. I haven't gotten a response yet and I'm very nervous.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're an amazing artist Solil - I reckon you'll be ok

D
Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

It's late here, but I wanted to check in to let everyone know that being sober at a party is more fun than drinking.

I have been unashamedly hogging the dance floor with my outrageous moves, and feel fabulous!

Just 2 big glasses of sparkling water, has kept me going for over 3 hours of rock and roll!

My feet may be tired tomorrow, but you know what? I definitely won't have a hangover, so I get to enjoy tomorrow as well

Goodnight friends.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Solil, I can't wait for you to realise how amazing you are. Your sober journey will open up many doors for you I'm sure. Your art is something special, one day you'll see it too.

Much love.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Solil - what a great post from you, in spite of the guests and so much going on. Good for you!!!

Freein - way to enjoy the party, and know you'll enjoy the morning too. That's the best.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree with Dee and free Soli, you are a great artist. don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

I've woken up quite early, but feeling great! My throats a bit sore from trying to speak/shout to people over the music last night, but now sipping some peppermint tea in my room.

I've been invited to pop in on my cousins this morning, so we can catch up properly. So that's what I'll do before I start my explorations.

I am toying with the idea of finding an AA meeting while I'm here, just to see what goes on. There's bound to be several in London.

UP, I love your signature: "if you've ever fallen and lost your spark, get up as the whole damn fire!"

It's Sunday morning, hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Just waking up and wanted to check in before I leave Tennessee this morning, .....still reading along of everyone's progress, .....

Have a long drive ahead to get back home in time for work tonight !?!

Thinking of each of you

So.ooo grateful to be clean and sober this morning,

TS

oh, ... Kat, congrats on shaving that time !

It's going to take a while ( and 2 cups of coffee ) before I'm as lively feelin' as Freein this morning !! ?
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone

To improve one's own life is a goal which we should all have, to improve the lives of others is a goal which needs the determination which we had in the previous goal.
When you improve the life of another, you genuinely improve your own life. You also set an example for others showing that even the smallest things in life can bring smiles and happiness.
A cruel act seems to get more attention in today's news than 10 acts of kindness. Do not let the media fool you, acts of generosity and kindness are out there more than they are spoken of.....they just don't bring ratings.
If everyone did shared at least one act of kindness which they witnessed and/or participated in, then we could see the reality.
Every act of kindness produces at least two smiles and two more acts of kindness, be part of the wave that changes the lives of many for the better.
Have a great day!!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Having internet connection problems so I am using my phone. No like. I am about to get dragged around just me and mother in law and the kids here and we must go "do something" like "put-put". I suggested we go hike the nature trail. At least that should be somewhat relaxing. Hopefully we can do that and then come home and not have to go a million other places.

I hope everyone has a good day
Old 07-13-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Man, Solilloquy, you are speaking my language. People who want to run all over creation talking to everyone wear me out quicker than anything. I hope you get a break today.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

PAWS is rough today, guys. I finally got 8 hours of sleep last night, which was awesome (I looked over at the clock this morning, realized I'd slept that long, and said "YES!" like I'd hit a home run), but I've been all over the place since then with mood swings and anxiety. Oof.

I almost hesitate to keep talking about this because I don't want to discourage anyone, but on the other hand if there weren't so many other people talking about it I'd be really confused and probably have given up by now. It definitely helps knowing I'm not the only one who's experienced it.

I had a pastor once who used to joke that the one thing you shouldn't ever pray for is patience, because God would give it to you but you wouldn't like the way He did it. I took that as excellent advice, but I'm starting to wonder if someone else was praying for it on my behalf. Seems like dirty pool.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about your rough day soli and kitten.

We are stronger than what we are facing.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post

We are stronger than what we are facing.
Amen to that. We are bloodied but unbowed.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Kitten I love her but she is Sooooo high energy. Not just in my opinion, everyone's opinion. It's go go go, talk talk talk. I just want to chill.
Can't wait for husband to come home tomorrow and entertain!
That is good advice from your pastor. I like that and I'll remember it.
I don't know what PAWS is, will have to google it.

Thanks UP I feel pretty strong

She mentioned drinking margaritas later I know I won't be tempted. I honestly have no desire whatsoever to drink at this point in time. I'm closing in on one week and it's been the easiest week ever. I just know this will be one of many times over the next week I'm going to say I don't want to drink. I'll just say "no thanks" tonight. I just hope I don't have to offer an explanation. I'd rather not discuss it quite yet. Eventually sometime in the future they will notice that I don't drink ever.