Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hope things turn around for you soon, Up.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Last night my best friend called me. She was pretty drunk. Today she called me again. She was feeling bad. I told her that I've made the decision to quit drinking. She wants to do the same and we have decided to support each other. She is serious. We have been best friends since 3rd grade and starting drinking together when we were 15. It would be really cool if we start our sobriety the same week.
I might suggest that she join the SR July class. If she chooses to do that I might wish to join with her.
I like this class and I don't know if it's OK to be in two classes or if that's a bad idea, or if I should just stay strictly in the class I started with. I really don't want to have to go through explaining what happened with my mom again and everyone here has been really supportive. You were/are here with me through the toughest time in my life. Maybe it's best if I stay here and she joins her own class. I don't know what to do.

Dee?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi Solil, thats great that you and your friend can support each other. I think people do post on more than one daily support thread.

On a selfish note, I hope you carry on checking in with us here, because, we'll.... we're the Fools team! And you're part of us. Once a fool always a fool in my humble opinion.

I'm glad you've inspired someone else to start their journey too. That's something to be really proud of.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

UP, I'm sorry to hear you're in a tricky spot at the moment. Time is a great healer, and sometimes time is the only healer.

All we can do is try to make amends for past mistakes, and forgive both others and ourselves.

I've found the 12 steps a really helpful tool to work through some issues. I'm only using the steps informally. Have you had a look at them at all? Or perhaps found a different source to help with reflection and action?

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Thank you for the link to the weekend thread, Dee.
And thank you for the reminder of the bargain, freein.

Thank you to everyone posting here and checking in. I hope we can all have good plans for the weekend so we can occupy ourselves with healthy things.

Also, it is a supermoon tonight! Full moon, with lots of energy - that can go both ways. So please try to remember any positive things in your life, and go over them this weekend... of course there are really crappy things, that's for sure, but.... I know there are some positive things too. It's good to remember them.

This post is also to remind myself, haha!

I may cry if I need to, but I will try not to wallow in it for too long...because sometimes those energies can take me to bad places. So I might cry, but also look at the positives. Day 17 for me so far. Sorry for not commenting to everyone individually.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Solil - I consider this my "home" thread since I started the journey in April. I have also posted a bit in June just for the early days support. Double accountability. Please keep posting here (I'm being selfish, lol!!!!). But post elsewhere too if you want/need. I am trying out the weekend thread this time around too. It has a good theme this round - Hope.

UP - congrats on 90! Sorry things are blah at the moment. Some would say even 90 days is early on so keep on keepin' on ya know? Big hugs.

Luc - 17 days, yeah girl!

Hot one in NY....took kids to the beach. You know, pack all the stuff, drive, set it up, sunscreen everyone. Played for 15 min before the 4 yr old is just about falling apart bc of a "stinging booboo" - the world was ending you'd think. So that was fun.....
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm here, day 1 again. I'm so sick of the cycle of drinking. I seem to be making quite the mess of everything. So time to pull myself together and be sober no matter what it takes.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi Chickchick, glad you're back with us, just keep moving forward day by day.
Day one, then day two, then, before you know it, it will be day 10, then 100.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step"

Hugs from me.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Chick! I'm proud of you for coming back. Making today day 1 is great, especially before the weekend sets in. Well done for declaring that! Hope you and the fam are well.

My kids are driving me bonkers today.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I'm glad you guys would like me to stay here because that's what I want. I wasn't sure if it's okay to do both, like some sort of rule or etiquette. Now that I'm thinking about it I realize it might be a silly thing to worry about. My social anxiety doesn't completely go away when I'm online lol. So if I do decide to also join that class with her I will just tell everyone and if anyone has a problem with it I won't.

Another thing, I thought about it and although I think my friend and I will be great support for each other... I feel like I need to wear my own backpack on this journey even if we travel together.

I don't even know if she'll want to join.

Lucrezia I am not happy about the moon. I most likely will not get much sleep.

Chick I know how you feel, I am on day 4. It sucks.

I am kind of bothered by something and I don't know if I should be. As you know, the kids and I were gone for a month to stay with my dad while we dealt with the passing of my mom. The month leading up to that was very chaotic and stressful as well. I got back one week ago today. Well my in laws are coming today to stay for 8-10 days, and possibly an uncle and his two sons. I am really stressed out about it. I feel like I'm just now settling back in. I was so behind on housework, so I've had to spend the past couple of days busting ass to get ready for company. My husband said not to worry about it, the house is fine. But I can't not make sure the house is 100% before company comes. EVen under the circumstances. I am in no mood for this. I sometimes don't want to talk. I just want to be able to be alone when I want. I don't want to have to be social. I'm still grieving the loss of my mom. I feel like they should've given me some time. It's not like we haven't seen them in a long time either. We have seen them quite a bit and stayed at their house several days over the past two months. In fact, the kids and I stayed there two nights last week, on my way back. I did that so they could spend time with the kids and everything because I didn't know they were coming.
The house we are renting isn't tiny, but we don't have guest rooms. So my daughter will be sleeping in my room for a week. I am not going to have any alone time. Another thing, I love my mother in law, but she does not like to relax. She is very high energy and always wants everyone to be doing something or going somewhere.
Am I wrong to feel this way? If I had a more assertive personality I probably would've asked if they waited at least another week to have visited. But I don't know if that's fair. I don't know if I'm being unreasonable. Maybe it will be fine. Maybe it will be good for me. But so far it's not and they aren't even here yet.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Applekat mine are too! Ya wouldn't think that an 11 yr old and a 5 yr old would fight a lot. Yeah right.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

The stress of houseguests would be a trigger for me.

Then again I'm super grumpy at the kids right now, and there's no way I could deal with them AND multiple in-laws. Lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Oh. Right. I have a 5K race in the morning. Nearly forgot about that as I signed up a month or two ago!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can post in as many class threads as you think you need Solil

Welcome back Chick - whats the difference in your plan this time?

D
Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good to know Dee. Thank you

Family will be here soon. I just took two NyQuil cold and cough that I found because my anxiety is out of control. I feel guilty about that because I'm not even sick and I guess that would be considered drug abuse. I just wan to go to sleep and not have to deal with being social!
Oh and they like to drink. So at least I know I won't be tempted to settle my nerves with alcohol because I won't mix that with meds.
I forgot to mention my husband isn't even home until Mon so i have to deal with it. I can't just go in my room and shut the door when I feel like it.
I'm just hoping that by some miracle this NyQuil Will make me tired in a couple hours and I can just excuse myself and go to bed.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Soli - I am just filling out your application for Sainthood at having house guests on the heels of everything you have been going through. Pat yourself on the back. Take a walk or a jog on the treadmill...you will feel better as it has a two-fold benefit - mental and physical, plus it has the added advantage of getting you out of the house and away from your guests! - I have been know to exercise for hours when I have company! I am in agreement with Freein - stay with us!

Kat - I am envious of your race tomorrow! I will be there with you in spirit...I just received my new Road ID in the mail....it is really dorky, but I love my running bling! It is moving day here and my current home seems huge without any furniture. More cleaning and moving tomorrow.....Counting the hours/days until we get to move into to the new place!

I am still playing catch up with my reading. I miss you guys! Chick - congratulations on Day 1.

Up - I hope you are feeling better! You are racking up some huge numbers!

Big hellos and hugs to Dee, Luc and Kitten and the rest of the fools!

xox Pan
Old 07-12-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good luck in your race kat, 5 k is awesome!
Sol stay with the fools dude.... I cant handle my inlaws at any time......after 5 min its back to hifing in another room.
Up congrats on 90, so impressive, hope the wheel turns.
Chick good your back!!!!
Hi pan...
Freein checking in, saturday night, pumpkin and rice, apple juice and the footy!
Hi top...
Luc the full moon always affects me, im a true lunatic!!!!!
Dee, thanks again....

Stay tuned.....
Old 07-12-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Areyoukittenme: 91 days is inspirational!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm in the Big City!

Solil, is the in-law visit imminent, or is there anyway you could put it off?
If you can't put it off, then my suggestion would be to come clean at the outset. Explain that you're exhausted emotionally, and "hope they don't mind but you will need plenty of rest and Time to reflect, if they would like to help, then taking the children under their wing for a while each day would be great". Could you say something like that to them?

Goodness city life is busy. But I was expecting some smog, and there doesn't seem to be any, Times have changed since I was here in the Victorian era

See you later.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Morning Fools. Headed for race. My 4 yr old has her first soccer game too. Then maybe an Airshow. Saturdays are always tougher than Fridays for me. But I'm thinking that I'm starting out right.