View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
digdug

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Joy - That's the second pic you've posted lately with young men in it (your race pic too). Are you trying to tell us something?

At least Angry Son has a venue to vent his ire. My mom taught me how to argue/negotiate my way out of anything. Good skill to have, but dangerous in the wrong hands like mine. And of course, getting a law degree didn't help. When I was using and drinking, I would manipulate everyone around me to do whatever I wanted. I never lost an argument, even when I was wrong. I hurt and took advantage of people because of it. Teach him how to use these skills the right way.

It's cold and rainy here on the east coast. Not good for the hips. But I'm in good mood today. Got a lot done yesterday and can relax a bit today. I'm right on target for making my Monday deadline. And I'll drag myself to a meeting tonight. Even if it's to just show my face so people know I'm still alive and sober so they stop texting me and asking me if I'm ok. It's nice to have friends now that care

Sass - I would kill for a week of nothing. Sounds divine. I mean, I'd like to travel some too, but I still don't trust myself in a different city yet. My sponsor said the rules change when you go outside your hometown limits. Plus, I currently have no one to travel with so I'd be all alone in a hotel, most likely with a bar. In due time, I guess.

Maybe I could surf on one of your couches when I'm all fixed up lol. I wouldn't dare drink in the presence of another SR member. I can cook and clean, and I'm very polite (I do, however, curse like a sailor, but only if you curse first).
I have like a month of vacation banked up, though I'll probably have to use a bit for the surgery.

No whining today. I prayed so hard last night for a good day today and so far, so good.

Happy Friday, everyone!