Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 07-31-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hi Toots!

Grace- Happy Belated B-Day!! Hope you enjoyed it!!

Thanks tanja. Good to hear you had a nice dinner with your ex-sponsor.

Babs- way to go on 150!!

DP- way to go on 7 months!! Congrats!!

Hi to everyone else as well. Hope everybody is having a good day.

Today is another busy day for me. I'm really trying to tackle stuff at work and around the house... so much to do, but I am finally feeling more motivated, stable, and able to really start making progress in some new areas in my life I think. My focus is starting to shift from just getting clean and sober to taking care of other things and I think that is really positive.

Oh yeah... 2 weeks no weed for me today, 7 months no cigarettes, and 114 days no alcohol.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Tanja, maybe you're right. And WWG, it certainly does put things in perspective. I have a wonderful husband who took it in stride even though our income will be much smaller. In searching for a reason, I'm thinking maybe all that stress and long hours weren't good for me, and now I can focus more on recovery.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

WalkingWithGod-- that is your sr name and also the path you have chosen to take. I know how awful it feels to not have a job, AND what it's like to be fired. I'm proud of you that you didn't drink and also that you've already been looking. That takes strength. I was unemployed for only 2 months but it was Detrimental to my self-esteem. Hang in there friend. I think you will do great at the interview. But just remember that life (god) has other plans for us. Stay strong.

MB GOOD LUCK on the job hunt!! It must feel awesome to be done with school. I hope you're well. Thanks about the tattoo. My grandparents saw it and approve. :P

Hi Grace!! My heart goes out to you and your family. *hugs*

Dee, that picture did turn out life-size lol.

Toots, It surprisingly didn't hurt that much. But then I've been told I have a high pain tolerance. It's healing great!

So an atheist told me to "let go and let god" this week. And he wasn't being sarcastic. I have a lot of stuff on my plate right now and I had to sift through some of it to find out what I can change and what I need to let go. It was helpful. I went to the gym today and jogged/power walked 3 miles. I'm tired right now but I feel good. I've been getting used to the new schedule. I've been taking naps during the day. I will get used to this. Oh, and after I made it to 6months the anticipation of reaching the goal vanished. Still having urges but they've lessened immensely. And I think this tattoo is good because I have a visible reminder with me wherever I go to think twice about that drink. So proud of myself. Onward bound!!!!.

Be well undies. Have a great sober day!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Thanks Melvin, and I hope tomorrow is part of God's plan.
Have a sober rest of the day friends.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hey folks still here on day 238....Decided to take a bit of a back seat on here as I was reading through my post's and a lot of them are just about me banging on about work...Didn't wanna bore you all....

Hope you are all well...

Take care....Steve.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Hey folks still here on day 238....Decided to take a bit of a back seat on here as I was reading through my post's and a lot of them are just about me banging on about work...Didn't wanna bore you all....

Hope you are all well...

Take care....Steve.
Good to see you're sober Steve. Keep posting.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Steve, I hope you change your mind. We like your posts. Wouldn't be the same here without you talking about insane hours and your lunches that are more than the rest of us eat in a week!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree - everyones life is worth sharing Steve...thats why we have these threads

D
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I agree - everyones life is worth sharing Steve...thats why we have these threads

D
Dee's right, keep posting Steve. I just enjoy reading how much you can eat in a day. Also you have a Superman tattoo, I would read a post from you any day.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

What a whirlwind in a couple days... I heard through the food and beverage grapevine that a club in Cleveland need a position to be filled that is right up my wheel house.. So I sent in a resume friday, got a call on monday and had the interview today..

Well I nailed the gig, Met the head chef, GM, and some head of the board.. And was introduced as the new guy that we have been looking for..

Then never count your chickens before they hatch, cause as I filled out paper work, I came across the good ol' background check.. OH OH...I will know by the end of the week.. It is the most exclusive club in North East Ohio, with great pay and all the extras..

But its out of my hands now, I have done all I can do.. I am that drunk on the road that those dui's will say I am...So today, I pray for myself, I almost never ever do that !!!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes HD

D
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Oh, I hope your destiny will be a happy one. I hope it won't be a problem and if they find out, do you think they will ask you to explain? And if so, what do you plan to say HD ?

Lots of stuff happening job wise on this threat. I'm a freelance scriptwriter for French television and I've been without a contract for the last 4 months. I'm going crazy. But I'm used to it, except this year, the waiting time is much longer. In the old days, I would have gotten drunk to pass the time and to feel less lonely. So see, perhaps WWG, when you read my post, you'll console yourself.

These are difficult times.

BUT ...we're sober.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Today went better than I thought with my crazy building. The 100 year old elevator part is out and on its way to Queens, NY the only place in the country that works on old machines like that. Don't make things like they used to, gears and wheel is about the size of a typical dining room chair, but it weighed nearly 750 lbs, all cast iron.

So with that done without much drama and all else being quiet, I got a lot of paper work done, the end of month reports done and the check in the bank.

And I went and had an ice cream cone. First time this year. Being diabetic I should not indulge, but a single cone is not overdoing it.

Have a good night all, and a good tomorrow! Glad to catch up on all!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thanks Dee...

dorthyp ~ I will just tell the truth.. I got several duis in my past, other than that I am squeaky clean... I was a drunk, today I am a good standing member of AA, and I don't drink anymore.. Thats all I can do, the past is just that.. But it is my past, so its my burden to carry sometimes...

Whatever is meant to happen will happen just that way..

Drake ~ that is what my father did for over 30 years.. Elevators.. He repaired them.. He worked for Dover for many years till they were bought by Thyssen Krupp.. He just got out of the game in Nov.. God Bless him.. Dangerous job..
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

HD I should send you a photo of this for you to show him. According to my contractor, a local company, this is a rare part as most are in two pieces and this is all one. Elevators are dangerous, yes, but fascinating. This one is unique since it is so old and original. The main traction motor?? 1949.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hey steve!! I can understand the feeling of thinking you're droning on. I tend to get a little rambley. But if you look closer at your posts you'll see helpful comments inter-weaved in them. Plus, we care about your life. Everyone on here has been mentioning health but I think you are the main fire that helped me get up and go get a gym membership... that I AM using! yay! I did 3 miles yesterday! woo! If you plain don't feel like posting that's one thing. But don't stop because you think you're boring. Because you aren't!!

It feels like monday for me. Had the past few days off. they have been good. :-) I hung out with some friends at a diner last night and one of them brought booze in a Styrofoam soda cup you'd get at a gas station. It smelled STRONG of rum. He was passing it around. :/ I really wanted a drink. Didn't. But then I was kind of concerned about our friend. He said he was going to get smashed because it was the last time he'd be able to drink. He's going on this super health kick with intensive daily workout routines and is cutting back a lot of what he eats and drinks including alcohol. I voiced my concern about him drinking so much the night before and told him to pay attention to his body. I stated that it was unhealthy to do all that without a trainer. I hope he'll be okay... but I convinced him to stop drinking it at least.

Alright off to work. I'm getting used to this waking up at 2:30am thing. I've been sleeping in 3hr intervals. I get to REM sleep quicker so I actually feel more rested than normal. Well, good day friends. Have a sober one
Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. Thank you all for good wishes! I am updating my CV now - it's been ages since I did it).

HD - good luck to you with new job! You are my inspiration here.

Stevie - please, post as often as you feel like. I maybe a little bit jealous of your menu, but still love reading it)

Melivin - good for you for starting a gym! It's one of the best friends of sobriety, I think)

WWG - BEST LUCK to you at the interview! Let us know about it.

Best wishes to all the Undies.

I'll see you later.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

13.25 Thur

Hi Undies

Got the three cherub-pests today and I'm just trying to squeeze a post in while they are playing in the garden.

Thank you Toots and less of the old if you don't mind, lol. I will shout you for sure next time I visit the fun fair. I'm going to take the children to visit my parents this afternoon, I've only sort of tested the waters with my Mum re care for my Dad, but she isn't taking it on board as yet.It's hard for her to accept that he isn't going to get better, they've been together since they were 15 and 16, a lifetime, but she has half agreed to talk to someone from the Dementia society, so that's a little step in the right direction.

Midnight, thank you so much that that beautiful poem, I shall treasure it, I don't think you realise just how talented you are.
Well done you on finishing your education, another feather in your cap. Good luck in your search for a new job. xx
Hey and if that's Steve in that pic I'm going to get myself a train ticket to Tamworth, lol.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Jim, I'm actually 38 and several, lol. I hadn't even started my drinking career when I was 38, it was all downhill fro 40 for me!

Thank you Drake for the birthday wishes.

Thank you too Matthew and you try and stay positive. There will be something better for you out there.

Hi dear Bloss, I hope all is well with you.

Thank you Tanja, you say the sweetest of things. Yes, it's sad about my Dad and it's hard getting my Mum to realise that she is going to need extra help, if I could just get her to agree to a couple of days respite each week, it would make her life so much easier.
I'm glad to hear that you are having some really good days, your sponsor sounds very kind and thoughtful, I love the thought of those stones. You're obviously very well thought of in your meeting and I'm guessing that when you do head a meeting you will be fantastic, you don't give yourself enough credit, you're just great.

Dorothy 7 months is just awesome, many congratulations, you're doing really, really well xxx

Babs, that's a really good post and it's so good to have you with us in the Undies. 150 days is a marvelous achievement.

Thank you IWL, I remember you too and it's good to have you with us here.

HD3, thank you for all your supportive and honest posts.

Fingers crossed for the interview Matt, go give it your best shot. You know we're all routing for you.xx

S& S, that is so true and I appreciate how demoralising it can be out of work, thank you for your honesty. I always try and tell myself that 'things happen for a reason'. Easy to say at times, I know

Steve I always look out for your posts so please get off that back seat. Boring is something you are certainly NOT.

HD3, I have everything crossed for you for that job, it sounds very positive. xxxx

Right I have to cut this here, the children sound like they are murdering each other. Must dash.

Back later

Gxxx

Just for Today: I am grateful for my assets and accept my liabilities. Through willingness and humility, I am freed to progress in my recovery and achieve freedom from guilt.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Well I'm trying yet again. Been drinking everyday 12plus beers an evening and all day the weekends. I can blame my drinking on a million different things that happened including a bunch of work drama that's still going on but truth is I was the one that chose to go back out and pick up again. I just want to crawl into bed and hide for like a week but I have to work.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Well I'm trying yet again. Been drinking everyday 12plus beers an evening and all day the weekends. I can blame my drinking on a million different things that happened including a bunch of work drama that's still going on but truth is I was the one that chose to go back out and pick up again. I just want to crawl into bed and hide for like a week but I have to work.
Hang in there BoozeFree---we are here for you.