Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 08-01-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

BF, yesterday is gone, for today don't drink. Just one day at a time
Bloss
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

The interview went well. But, discussing the firing was tough. Praying this new place gives me a chance. It is a career in my field with a great company.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

WWG, I wish you the best, hope you get it. You've done all you can.
Grace, it's so nice and sweet how you include everyone in your post. I will try to be better at this once I know this group a bit better.
BF don't despair. It is the monster alcohol talking. Once you get rid of the monster on your shoulders, things will look up. It's a formal promise. But carry one, do it now, today. You are not as lonely as you think.

Have a great sober day everyone.
DP
Old 08-01-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Not much to report for the moment, but spending another day clean & sober.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I'm also not very good at responding to each person, DP! A couple things spring to mind, though, so I'll try to remember:

HD-- keep us posted! Hopefully they are human enough to overlook those DUIs. I've found in the past that some people really respect sobriety and admire you for it. Others are very judgmental--but I think they're the exception.

Steve, everyone has already said it, but keep posting! I'm getting really into fitness and am somewhat of a work fanatic (though not to your extent!) so I can identify. Plus, if we had to have perfect posts or censor what we said here, I think I'd be kicked out already

Melvin and any other exercisers, I too am really involved with the gym. It's the one thing that really boosts my self-esteem besides being alcohol-free. I HATED being sick these last few days! Not only because I also love to eat and couldn't (actually I'm so stubborn that for one meal I forced myself--then paid the price), but because I couldn't exercise. I usually go before work and have energy throughout the day. But I must still be a little under the weather, because last night I slept another 12 hours straight. Very unusual for me--I'm a light sleeper. Well, tomorrow I hope to try again. I haven't lost
any weight, but my face looks way better, and I can tell my muscles are a lot stronger already after only a a few weeks. I also have knee problems from past years of intensive ballet, and they are also getting better just by strengthening my quads.

Welcome BF! Stay close. It seems impossible to quit at first, but it really is so much easier not being chained to alcohol. I feel so much better. There are still ups and downs, but now I have the strength to face them.

Everyone else--I hope you're having a good day. I'm feeling way more positive because I'm writing a syllabus for a British Literature survey course and remembering all these texts I adore but haven't read in years! Plus not vomiting is a real bonus
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, a mass of posts since I last logged on so apologies if I don't get up close and personal with everyone!

Steve, I love your posts, and miss when I don't see one!
S&S We often define ourselves by our job, and more, others judge us by them. When we first me it's ' hi what's your name, where do you live what do you do? When I first gave up running the home I found it very strange to not identify myself with me work. But I have had many jobs, I know some would be impressed that I am a qualified driving instructor. Probably would have been less impressed with me when I was a road sweeper. I guess I'm trying to say we don't have to allow ourselves to be defined by either our job or whether we have one. We can chose to be defined by the person we are. I wish you luck in finding work you are happy doing, that is my only criteria work wise now.

Boozefree, what are you going to do differently this time to ensure that the work dramas etc do not lead you to drinking?
Hd3 I hope you are not unfairly judged on past mistakes which you have made amends for, and when you were a different person.
WWG, good luck with the interview.

Grace, would your parents qualify for any kind of home help as a half way measure whilst your mum comes to terms? We had this lovely couple in the practice a few weeks ago,in their 90s. Holding hands and obviously besotted. They had been married since their teens, but as she needed full care and he only needed assistance, they could not be placed in the same home. I think sometimes life stinks! I hope it is not too tough on you all

Mb, DG, Tanja, soberjim, everyone else, have a Bostin day!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thanks gang for the thoughts, prayers, and suggestions..

Taking it easy today farting around the house and yard.. And watching the all day affair here in Cleveland.. With Ariel Castro being sentenced for his horrific crimes... For you that don't know I recommend looking it up.. One of the 3 girls spoke in court today, and it was just so powerful and inspiring.. I put a link up of her..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hey..just a quick check in as I am having some down time..vacation...

Grace. Glad to see your post. Prayers for your Mom. That long together I must be very hard..

WWG..hang in there...I sent a PM.

Toots..I'm still kicking ..still sober..Just got back from the gym.. Like the natural rush...I actually feel quite good. Pretty soon I will be as healthy as Midnight....maybe....probably not...but I will try..

Have a safe and sober day all..

Jim

PS Hi Dee...
Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see you back BF - do you have any ideas on what you can do differently?

D
Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

from Toots: "I guess I'm trying to say we don't have to allow ourselves to be defined by either our job or whether we have one. We can chose to be defined by the person we are."

Toots, I love this. That seems to be my problem--I don't know how to define myself outside of my job title. I hope I can learn the lesson you have and learn to respect myself and take pride in myself aside from that. It will take awhile. You are a true blessing, btw

Seems like a lot of us are talking about jobs and/or self-esteem lately.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

BF I know you know your sobriety is up to you. But do you know what we might be able to help you with here? Try to post more. even on bad days. Do you have a close friend that supports your sobriety? Do you make it known to the people around you? Do you go to groups? Have you researched AVRT, urge surfing, or any other strategies for handling cravings? Cuz these are all things that helped me. Not telling you what to do mind you, just hoping to help. *hugs*

S&S, It does feel great I'm a little irritated with the gym I picked though. I think I need to change. I went with my cousin once to yoga there and they said they'd give me a free pass and to wait for their call, one week later I was asked to "swing by" and i was apparently late for some sort of financial appt that I had to wait 30 minutes for and I agreed to put a portion of the joining fee down, then it was agreed that the rest of it was to be paid at a later date. I did one of those electronic signatures and he emailed my reciept to me. By the time I saw it I was charged an extra $100. I have a free personal trainer appt today, I guess I'll try one more time. If anything goes wrong I'm out. I'm also going to look up prices at other places. done with that rant.

But yes exercise is good! I can hear the rumbling of thunder right now. It's comforting. have a happy sober day undies. <3
Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

I saw a hypnotist today to help deal with my worry, fear, anxiety, and hopelessness. It was a gift. I hope it works.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

tattoo 2.jpgNew tattoo is nearly healed...Sorry if pic is too big perhaps someone can make it smaller lol...
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
New tattoo is nearly healed...Sorry if pic is too big perhaps someone can make it smaller lol...
Awesome
Old 08-01-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

wow, it is very cool and impressive.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Glad to put this day behind me and crawl into bed sober. I think I had my first anxiety episode and thought my heart was coming thru my chest. In the past I would drink and things would roll off my shoulders...this is new territory for me. So hard!

I wanted a drink in the worse way and I think I might have if I wasn't on antabuse. I knew I was on it for a reason! It may be a crutch but until I can learn to live life on Life's terms I'm going to use all available resources.

Sleep tight!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you made it through HappyFeet

I can't do anything with pics once you post them Steve - it's not that big...it'll do

D
Old 08-01-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) Good sober morning in my part of the world. Thought it's gloomy and rainy outside, I love it. I actually like any weather until it's cold)

BF - welcome back and leave the past behind. It's a brand new day, brand new month. Stick with us and make necessary amendments to your sobriety plan. We are here)

Stevie - love your tattoo!

Melivin - I hope you'll fine a gym you'll be happy with. It's really important to find a place for workouts where you feel comfortable. Good luck.

Jim - surely you will) Glad to see you in good mood)

I'll see you all later)
Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Rough day, but over... Out of the blue, I had a "blue" period, still do. One of those "everything is crap, I am worthless, it all is useless..." periods. The negativity was everywhere and my fuse was really short. Days like this I tend to be impulsive and try to do things that cheer me up, usually to no avail or waste time and money. I usually drank like a fish too.

Tonight was the last show for a long running theatre company here in KC. I and my friend had been going there for years. Sad to say bye to all the people we knew there. Even our favorite bartender. Yes, you could take cocktails in the theatre. I so wanted to have a celebratory last drink with them... but I could not face you all. So I did not.

But dang the AV is active. I will not be lonely, angry, hopeless, anxious if I down that bottle... it keeps telling me.

I have been strong. I have not drank, I promise, but the temptation is still there.

AV... GO AWAY!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Rough day, but over... Out of the blue, I had a "blue" period, still do. One of those "everything is crap, I am worthless, it all is useless..." periods.
But dang the AV is active. I will not be lonely, angry, hopeless, anxious if I down that bottle... it keeps telling me.

I have been strong. I have not drank, I promise, but the temptation is still there.

AV... GO AWAY!
Yes Drake sweetie, you have been strong. And you ARE strong, and you are thoughtful caring and extremely supportive. You are a valued member of this group, so ignore that dang AV, it is trying to seperate you from the herd, stick close, keep posting and it will go looking for a weaker target! You know drinking wont fundamentally change the person you are, or the emotions you feel once you sobered up, (except to add guilt and self disgust to the equation)