# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 18

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-17-a-20.html

D
Old 07-19-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Haha beat you all too it lol....In on the first post.....
Old 07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread.

Hi Steve, I knew you'd understand re the thoughts about being alone and your right, I would know and I'd only be kidding myself. I've done that too many times before. Anyway it's passed now and all is tickety-boo. My little boy is fast asleep in bed, I'm chilled and I have a good book to read.
I bet your house is quiet without the three bin lids, make the most of it 'cos they'll be back before you know it. Did you get a takeaway? Don't work too hard though that's a joke the way you work!

Midnight, that's excellent news and thank you for the poem, I loved it.

I feel awful now because I can't remember what was said in the last few posts and if I go back I'll lose this post. Drat!

Toots, I remember you saying you enjoy having the bed to yourself when your husband is away, I could definitely get used to it.

Jim, S & S and Melvin, hi and have a great weekend. In fact I wish all of you a great week end.

Lots of love

Gxxx
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling more settled Grace

D
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cool

Hi Undies.
Just some good wishes for today Sat/Oz and the perfect weekend to keep sober.

I'm off to a laugh club, currently one a month, as this particular group kind of collapsed.
Goes for about half an hour; we have routines, but its a sort of spontaneous thing if that makes sense. Not laughing at jokes or anyone's expense.

Sunday its Church then off to the footy at the G.
Take care Undies...............
Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm good now Dee thanks. xx

Thanks Murch and good wishes to you too. A laugh club!! Sounds like what we call the 'comedy club' here, different people doing their own inoffensive little entertaining routines. Sounds like you have a good week end planned, enjoy!

Off to bed now to make the most of my last night of having it too myself. Star fish position here I come! ( I hope that doesn't sound rude!)

G'night Undies

Gxx
Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Not much to say right now... but wanted to post so I'd be subscribed to the new thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Stayed around the house today for my sober monthly anniversary..And just cooked and had a nice day with my mother..

Sure beats old... If this alcoholic can do it, anyone can..

It took me several efforts to make it this far.. The most time I could get was 2 months..

And today I don't have anymore "jackpots" or health issues...

By the time I was 39 I had :

Been in the ICU with Korsakoff's Syndrome "wet brain"
Hospitalized with pancreatitis.
Had lost very good and crummpy jobs, cars, homes.
My moral compass

Just to name a few.. And thanks to SR and all the people here. Have helped me get better in the last 2 and 1/2 years.. I just want to say that..

Thank You All...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you had a good day HD - you deserve it

D
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 226 here and I've been at work for 2 hours... Nice and cool here this morning for a change but it's gonna be another hot one later....

Yeah grace I had take away for dinner last night. I went to the chippy and had a large dirty donor kebab with large chips,curry sauce and 2 pieces of southern fried chicken. Around 2000 calories lol but it was yum... I'm loving the peace and quite too lol.

HD3 it's great to see you here and that was another wicked post. I have a feeling that if I didn't stop drinking when I did then I would have had serious medical problems myself as my guts were already telling me something wasn't right. I feel good now but I know my stomach still ain't 100%.

Big thanks to Dee for the new thread. Cheers big man hope you are well.

And that's enough from me for now as I'm meant to be at work lol.

Take care all....Steve.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

23 days AF , Ive been really struggling but not given in ...
Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

fighting fit now Steve

can we help aw58?

D
Old 07-20-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Stick with it aw....I struggled big time last weekend but these guys here kept me sane. Have a rant or a vent. Let it all out. Believe me it works. Stay strong....Steve.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mel, you are right to listen to your body, and give it time, what ever you feel you need to fill the gap will make itself known. Keep doing things that interest you. Long dog walks in the opposite direction to your old watering hole ought work next week! ( assuming its dogs you're sitting, doesn't work so well with hamsters!)

Steve no wonder your stomach is not right wtf is a 'dirty' kebab? Don't think that term has made it's way to the land of the deep fried snickers yet!

Grace, don't know about starfish, I have been swimming all over the bed looking for a cool bit all week. Hubby came home last night, so not only less bed, but him huffing and grumbling! Very selfish of him to come home weekends!!!! Hahaha only kidding hubby, love you really!!!

Murchovski, it's true laughter is the best made in, my default temperament is annoyingly happy, and I laugh a lot! That cold looks great from here, can you send some up please?

HD3 happy anniversary sweetie, and well done on beating the dreaded booze. You do have a life now, so enjoy living it!!

AW, spill, sweetie, what's getting at you? Be strong, you are doing so well.

I will catch up with everyone later, tarrar fear now undies!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Gfs graduation then off to Prague! What a week lined up! Keep well undies!!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Enjoy yourselves Pete, sober! X
Old 07-20-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

15.50 Sat

Hi Undies, happy Saturday to you all.

Well he's back the O.H and very tired, wait till I tell you about the stunningly, expensive ( not) gifts her brought me, you are all going to be so envious, honest! He bought me a pen with Nissan written down the side, 3 tiny bars of hotel soap, a tiny bottle of hotel shampoo, another of hotel conditioner, some spray ( hotel of course) to spray on my pillow to help me sleep and a shower cap ( hotel)!! He's really surpassed himself with his generousity this time, I did tell him he shouldn't be spending all that money on me, we're supposed to be saving!
Had a lovely peaceful day, my daughter has got my little g.son along with her two and they are making paper mache volcano's!! Glad they're doing them at her house and not mine, lol. Oh and I went and had my hair done too.

Hello DG, you don't have to say much, hello is fine and just let us know you're okay. xx

HD3, thank you and there but for the grace of God go I! I think is is lovely that you enjoy spending time with your Mum, Mum's are precious.

Hi Dee, enjoy your Saturday.

Steve, I just don't understand why you are not like 'Man Mountain', if I ate all that you do I would burst. My peace and quiet didn't last long.

Aw stick with it, stick close, a few of us have struggled this last week or so, myself included. Do whatever it takes to keep your mind occupied and read and post here as much as you can, you are not alone.

Toots hi, I know what you mean, it has been unbearable at night, we're just not used to sleeping in this heat, but I'm not complaining. In my ideal world it would be hot and sunny all day and rain all night.

Anyway, I'm off to peg a bit more washing out.

See you later

Gxx

Just for Today: I will start the day with an admission of my powerlessness over my addiction. I will remind myself that the day starts with "we," and know that I never have to be alone with my disease again.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Grace. I think my boyfriend must shop at the same store as your hubby when he's away!!

Bf has plans with a friend this afternoon so I'm looking forward to a bit of quiet time around the house.

It's day 103 no alcohol here. And day 3 no weed (again, but I'm a bit more serious about it this time around). I've had 23 days without it total since I quit drinking, just haven't all been in a row. So, I do see quite a bit of progress there.

Thinking to go look for a hair cut later today. I figure it would be a nice thing to get out and do for myself. Then maybe a bit of time working on my latest sewing project.

Hope all are well. Have a happy Saturday undies!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I knew this would be hard today and probably for a few days. I have just spent a few days with my family, my sons where I used to live till 5 years ago, a lovely village with a reservoir which I hiked around yesterday all 5 miles of it, massive blisters etc. The problem I have is every time I leave the area and my family I feel like this, I have regrets about moving away getting remarried, it only lasts a few days as I love my Hubby and job etc. , but I have this huge gaping hole in my life which I filled with drink
and I now have nothing to fill it with apart from tears . Ive been to the shop and bought milk ect I so nearly bought a bottle of wine it would be so easy to do. Instead Im drinking tea and dunking biscuits and Ive come on here to get this out of my head instead of me getting out of my head . I cant talk to Hubby I think after all these years he doesn't get it. I have recognized this is one of my trigger points to set me off drinking, In the past I have got really drunk then yelled and shouted at him blaming him for me being with him, daft I knew it was my choice and I did it with my family's blessing.
I did try to talk Hubby into moving to the are but he loves his job and doesn't want to . Well more dunking I suppose xxxxxxx big hugs
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I feel like I get derailed from good feelings so easily.

All I wanted was a cup of coffee this morning. But as yesterday's coffee mess was never cleaned up, that means doing a few dishes before it's possible. But the sink is full of dirty dishes, & the counters are dirty from dinner last night. Bf manages to make huge messes when he cooks and I always clean as I go when I cook. I'm so bothered by the mess, I gave up on the coffee and just went for a cup of tea since I could easily microwave the water for it... but I STILL FEEL BOTHERED!!!

And, it seems to be a bit of a thing for me. I get really bothered by stuff like that all the time. I miss living alone. At least then if there was a pile of dishes it was all my fault. I know I should be thankful that bf cooked dinner... but all I can focus on is the darn mess.