Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 07-29-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!!

And tanja congrats!!!!! YAY!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

This is my tattoo!!! let's see if it posts!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

My 6th months tattoo!!! Sorry it's so big. It took forever for me to figure out how to post lol. Back story, my grandad says this to me all the time. He said it to me when I told him that I quit drinking. It's written in his handwriting. I had him write it for me once. Thought I'd share it with you all. *hugs*

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20130728_215151.jpg (99.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

is that lifesize melivin? LOL - congrats!

congratulations again Tanja - and too everyone celebrating a milestone today

D
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi folks. I got let go at my job today. Very scared and worried, but I won't drink.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

wwg- Hang in there. Things will be ok, and it's certainly not anything drinking will fix.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Hi folks. I got let go at my job today. Very scared and worried, but I won't drink.
Sorry to hear this Matt... I understand and relate to this ... And glad to hear you won't drink, it sure won't fix anything.. And everything happens for a reason, specially when its hard to see what it is...

I will blast a couple prayers out for you.. Whatever comes is suppose to..
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Very scared and worried, but I won't drink.
Hi friend I'm glad to hear that , but

Sorry to hear that you lost your job

Could be god has other plans for you

Tr
Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

oh no, sorry to hear that wwg. Courage.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Matthew, when one door closes another door opens. Now that you have so many sober days behind you, perhaps it is time to have a sit down with your wife and talk about what you both want from the future? Life may take your family off on a completely different tangent, now you have the freedom to explore options. You are so strong, and capable, look at this as an oportunity. And no, of course you will not drink! Perish the thought!!

Mel, ouch! I have heard that is a tender part of the body for a tattoo. I wouldn't know, I am too much of a feartie! But everytime you see that you will be so proud of what you have achieved so far. Now you have to start planning your one year one......!

S&S sometimes the habits of drinking can be harder to break than the addiction. I went into the local shop the other day and the young lad was really pleased to see me and commented on how long it had been! Yes, it was my 'last minute' late temptation bottle shop. It took me ages to force myself to turn right not left at the junction, knowing if I turned left I would not go home empty handed. Now I never think of it, and don't even think of looking at the bottles when I do pop in for groceries.
DP HD Steve, MB Riky, Pete hope you are all well, I know Grace was going to try to get on last night but obviously couldn't, but she is well and had a great weekend. Anyone I missed, my bad, I loves ya all x
Old 07-30-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm so scared and upset about losing my job. I'm a failure.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

WWG dont you dare be starting with that nonsense! Or any of the rest of the tens of thousands who have been laid off during this recession are also failures! What has happened has happened, through no fault of yours, so look forward, not back.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

WWG: I am so sorry you got caught in this epidemic. Many of us have been there, I have twice, and I certainly know the self-destructive road one can take. But I did not have SR, the great people here and did not have the clear mind of sobriety. You have those tools.

Let this be your motto:

"When you walk through a storm hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark" ~ "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey Folks....another day checking in...

Toots..good advice..WWG..lots of posts and support for you....

Jim
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

wwg, was this unexpected? Sometimes we feel that something is off and that it's jsut a matter of time before our suspicions prove right. Perhaps you had the intuition this was going to happen? If so, at least now, you know where you stand. You are not a failure because you lost a job. Even if it were from sheer stupidity or a mistake, that would not make you a failure, it would just be the sign that you both weren't a good fit for one another your employer and yourself.

Take time to reflect and know yourself before getting back in the rat race, taht way, the fit will work for you. And since your name is .walking with God" then it is time to let yourself be carried by its strength.

Courage.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Matt - This could be a blessing in disguise. I know that when I have lost jobs it has often led to a better job. The old saying "When God shuts the door, he opens a window" may truly apply. Have you ever considered going to an AA meeting and sharing about this experience. I think you would feel so much better if you did.

Thank you all for your wonderful congratulations! HD - I absolutely loved the coine I also agree 100% that love is the essence of life. Being able to give is such an incredible blessing in sobriety.

Melivin - I loved the picture of your tattoo! I am so glad that you got it and many congratulations on 1/2 a year of sobriety.

Wishing everyone a serene Tuesday.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

What an interesting thread this is. So full of the many highs and lows we experience in this sober journey.

Just thought I would offer a favorite passage that I read often...sometimes a few times a day...

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
What an interesting thread this is. So full of the many highs and lows we experience in this sober journey.

Just thought I would offer a favorite passage that I read often...sometimes a few times a day...

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?
January 6th... This is my most important page also IWLSAST...
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Quick note for Grace...Hoping everything is well in your world. Still trying to get that picture of the hummingbird for you.

Jim