Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 08-04-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Just came back from the beach with the family. We went to Mass this morning and tried to make it a normal Sunday. I just can't get the negative thoughts about the job loss out of my mind. I hope good news comes tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi folks,
DG, I love swimming, I will check out our local pool. It has just moved to a new building so I will check out times etc. they now have a separate pool for lengths which they never used to. I used to go to aquacise with a friend and her daughter, the girl who did it was really good, and made us sweat! I stopped because my hours changed, but again with check out the new pool times. Thank you, and enjoy your trip!
Soberjim, you get that buff, and your wife won't keep her hands off you!!

Carlos, send some of that lasagne this way please! You are sounding really positive right now, and some great suggestions there for anyone looking to keep their working hand in.

S&S I love the idea of finding something wicked to do to satisfy your need to self indulge, a little of what you fancy does you good ( emphasis on the little, that's the problem we all had with booze!!) as for Pilates, I used to work as a sport centre and went to classes when my shifts allowed. I will look around. Also I know the local hall does yoga, which may be good for me socially too. For far too long I have settled into my isolation, I love being around people, but spend far too much time by myself, I need to force myself out the door and into some interests.

Bf, glad you are feeling a little more settled, have you thought anymore on what you want to do to keep from falling back to the drink? Have you checked out any of the AVRT and urge surfing tools? Of course sticking close here will help too!
WWG good luck tomorrow, remember, think positive!
Steve, my grandson loves superman, I daren't show him your tattoo, he would want one!

I hope everyone has at the very least a tolerable Monday, and at the very best, a brilliant start to a brand new week!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hello all, been a busy weekend, went by too fast. Did not do anything vitally important, just a lot of little things that added up. Quiet PM here, rainy and humid so even though the temps are cool, the AC is on. There is a break in the rain so my dog and I will probably go and walk, even though she really does not like to walk. She more moseys along than walks.

120 days sober today! Although the month anniversary date is the 6th, with July and May having 31 days and all. I decided to observe the 6th of every month as the anniversary from now on, getting away from days.. Oh it is so complex!

Have a good week all!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Went to one meeting and going to another tonight.

Congrats Drake in 120, that is Awesome.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

You're still in my thoughts wwg. Trust that things will work out.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Evening Undies,

Oh well, unfortunately I will not be able to post a picture of the zucchini lasagna...the attachment will not upload. I would have also included a pic of the six different veggies that I wrapped in foil and threw into the fire also. You will just have to trust me that they both were excellent!

It took hours to burn all of the paper that had backlogged. One rather large box was years of my Dad's records. He passed in January. He had been an engineer, and kept such meticulous records. It was difficult and touching at times...but necessary as well.

What a great day that it would have been for a picnic here, undies. Like an early fall day...bright sun, mid 70's. Anyway, if any of you ever find yourself near the Flight 93 Memorial from 9/11, pop me a PM, and come on over.

Must run...off to a meeting. Happy milestones S&S and Drake!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Went to one meeting and going to another tonight.

Congrats Drake in 120, that is Awesome.
Matt that is awesome to hear.. The people and the program has helped me so much in my journey in living in sobriety.. If you ever need someone to ask questions about AA or what is going on, please feel free to pm me..

Keep coming back..
Old 08-04-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post

Matt that is awesome to hear.. The people and the program has helped me so much in my journey in living in sobriety.. If you ever need someone to ask questions about AA or what is going on, please feel free to pm me..

Keep coming back..
Thanks HD
Old 08-04-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I went to two meetings today, and hoping for good news tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-19-a.html

D