Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 10

Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Shoes, I absolutely love your new shoes. LOVE them! Might have to order some like those online. Too cute. Now that I'm not spending $20 every other day on wine, I am becoming a shopaholic. This addictive personality of mine never stops.

Trach, I laughed and laughed when Toots asked you if that turtle was hissing because she had just made it across that road. I just imaged what the turtle was thinking...'oh, you've got to be kidding me.' I needed a really good giggle. Thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

BTW, now that I'm not drinking all of those empty calories, I'm losing weight like crazy. For those who don't know I lost all of my hair due to malnutrition and stress because of my drinking blah blah blah, I've already told you about that ... But I go to the doctor every month to get treatments for my hair loss. When, they weighed me this month, I had dropped 12 pounds. Yeah! I feel so good in my loose clothes.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Ok geek don't rub it in, some of us are the same huggable rotund size we started.

Natty! Can't think of a clean banana joke?? I can think of a whole bunch!!!

Just a quick one today as have to get ready for the football, duffster it is a Scottish cup semi so both teams will be Scottish, one the team I have supported for 20+ years, the other one of my home teams! Sass, I'm sure the surgery will be fine, Chuff will be around to give you a bed bath, Marcher will write you a book to read,
Natty will have you back on your feet chasing him round with a bed pan trying to land on!
The rest or us will be getting under the feet of the nurses!!!

Shoes, love the red shoes, and glad you surfed the urge. It gets easier each time.
Trachy, ARE you grizzled????

There are mean, stupid ignorant people all around the world, why should we be surprised to find them in AA? Maybe if they had drunk more sweet sherry, they would be nicer!!!
Mesoso, see you are on the year and under, I'm plucking up the nerve to post, it is so crazy busy there and everyone seems to know each other so well ( plus shoes ther is a minor banana obsession going on there too)
JC, raggedy dee and anyone else I've missed, sorry Ben how's the chilli, catch you all later. I will be typing quietly as I will have lost my voice!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Really enjoyed reading that shoes! So well done! I felt really encouraged by it:-), I really enjoy reading your posts:-). Have just caught up with some of the posts properly-I'm really glad things went well at the doctors Phebe and I'm thinking of you Sassy and praying all goes well and straight forward in the op. Doing some work this afternoon then a family meal. The big test tomorrow-back in work. I have booked an exercise class for after work so I don't buy wine. Hope you all have a great Sunday:-)
Old 04-14-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Good going sandgirl, keep busy!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Toots, you do have a way with words . That scene in the hospital you described is hilarious. And no, I'm not worried...have been in the OR more times than I can remember and have a good surgeon. It will be great to be minus the pain . and there won't be any temptation to drink for several weeks...I follow pre-op and post-op orders to the letter!

NewDay, love the day-at-time philosophy. Sounds like that woman has the right idea.

Geek, congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about the hair loss. Hopefully that will get better now :-)

Thanks for the support and wishes, Sandgirl (and everyone else, too)! I'm sure it will all be fine. I'll be in good hands.

This should be a nice relaxing day for me. Out at some point with a couple of close friends (no drinking temptations here) and other relaxing stuff :-)

Have a good day to all!

Lots of love and (((hugs)))
Sassy
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Morning all, it's Newcastle v Sunderland today (for those of you across the pond this is a rivalry of gargantuan proportion), very nervous.

Hope you all have a great day
Howay the lads!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Haway the lads indeed mrb. Ru going to the game? Is it at st james's park? Ive been there( watching not playing!!) hope u win. Just i. Glasgow away to watch the celtic game will keep an eye on yr scores.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Toots, have fun at the game!

Geek, that's great that you're losing weight. The benefits of sobriety are many....

Sass, I also didn't know you were having surgery - we'll all be sending good healing vibes your way! My husband occasionally decides to go 'low carb', so I have a couple of cookbooks and there are some great low carb recipes online as well.

Shoes, I enjoyed reading your post - very glad you got through the urge. You're right, one bad hour out of 24 isn't too terrible.

Well done to you too, MeSo. "Do you drink wine?" - it couldn't have been easy being put on the spot unexpectedly like that!

I had a little moment in Tesco yesterday... they do those £10 'dine in for two' deals which include a bottle of wine. We were going to treat ourselves to a pre-cooked take-away meal for Saturday night, and I started to feel a little nostalgic for that Tesco Finest deal. I snuck one quick glance and saw that the bottles of red and white had pretty much gone, but there were loads of bottles of rose there, and it was like I had tunnel vision for a minute; it felt like more of a huge 'STOP' sign than an urge to actually buy one though. I moved on to the Chinese and Indian items and picked out a selection of those. Phew!

The sun's shining here, so we're doing some chores in the garden. Have a great sober Sunday, guys xxx
Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Well done BP enjoy your meal. Is it annoying that they do t even front up an alcohol free option ?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Wink

Still looking in guy, had a bottle of wine last night, stressed out around here at the moment alot of sickness ( friend not so good) as I said before and my mind is all over the place. It is so wonderful to read about all the people who are doing so well days,weeks and months done away from the dreaded booze, fair play to you all and keep up the good work.

I am reading books etc as much as possible at this time and hope my head will be in a better place to start day 1 again. I will start day 1 as many times as I need to and one of these days it will work for me on a permanent basis. ( fingers, legs, arms toes everything crossed) lol
Old 04-14-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
Still looking in guy, had a bottle of wine last night, stressed out around here at the moment alot of sickness ( friend not so good) as I said before and my mind is all over the place. It is so wonderful to read about all the people who are doing so well days,weeks and months done away from the dreaded booze, fair play to you all and keep up the good work.

I am reading books etc as much as possible at this time and hope my head will be in a better place to start day 1 again. I will start day 1 as many times as I need to and one of these days it will work for me on a permanent basis. ( fingers, legs, arms toes everything crossed) lol
Black, so sorry you're having such a rough time of it - I know you've had more than your fair share of tragic circumstances in your life recently. Your great never-give-up attitude towards sobriety is a great asset though. I've got my fingers etc. crossed for you as well xxx
Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Beautiful pups, Marcher - and gorgeous scenery. And Toots is off to Glasgow - I am feeling a touch of wanderlust thinking of all of your different locals. Thinking I need to plan a trip across the pond soon and I want to see a football game. I love rivalry games - enjoy today Mr. B, I hope your team wins.

So here's a pic. Everyone else has been so brave. That's the boy I just said goodbye to - still feeling emotional about it but I get to visit him whenever I want to and he is happy.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers! Could it be that it really, really DOES get easier? I still don’t trust myself, still can’t say I will NEVER drink, still get that late afternoon craving…BUT it does seem easier. I still can’t believe that more people don’t notice how much better I look and act though! Kind of bugs me…I feel like I’m going through this big huge transformation inside and out, and no one really cares enough to even notice. Oh well…it’s really all about me and my girls.

Marcher13..congrats on getting through that party! Doesn’t it feel amazing to look back on the night with such clarity?

MeSoSober—I feel pissed during each craving that I ignore. WHY can’t I just have what I want?? And isn’t that exactly how our mind rationalizes things when we are in a social situation and tempted? THIS time is different (not my usual drinking situation) etc.. Glad you stayed strong.

NewDay, I find myself jumping ahead was well. But really, each day is what counts. Trying to live in the present.

Geek – great that you are losing weight! I am too, but I wouldn’t exactly say “like crazy”. I wish! Enjoy it, just another motivation to keep it up.

BP, great that you resisted that “deal”. Guess hangover free isn’t part of the deal, now that would be a deal!

Black, sorry things are tough. It’s clear you haven’t given up. One day it will “click” for you.
Have a great day everyone
Old 04-14-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, I guess I qualify as grizzled. Never thought about it. Rarely clean shaved...just don't bother. Hair's gone white-blond. Been out in the sun most of my life so kinda wrinkly tanned. So, yeah, I guess grizzled is accurate.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Had a rough time last night. Called my sister to call off dinner and she knew something was up with me. She ended up coming over to bring me some dinner and stayed for 4 hours. Lots of tears. I was able to share with her. Once I started talking it was like I could not stop. I feel a huge burden off of my chest but I also feel blown out from the experience. Will try to process all of this today. I woke up and first questioned whether I should have done this so early, but I think it was the right thing to do. But it is really hard right now.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

BobbyZ, that sounds very painful and yet positive and hopeful, too! If i'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like you see your sister is supportive of your efforts? If so, that is good.

It takes time to process everything and time to heal. You deserve the gift of being able to do that.

Hugs,
Sassy
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Geek, Clight, FBL, NewDay, Black....you were all in my vision yesterday too. The whole group helps me through the good and the bad. It isn't the accountability because I know I can drink and life will go on without me. I think it's because it is so comforting to find people who understand. I know going to any kind of meetings can offer that too but there is something about how we are from all over the world that seems to make it bigger and more universal. Plus we didn't have to spend as much time getting to know each other. We can all share at the same time and its not interrupting anyone.

Trachy, I'm seeing white blonde and a little tanned as Robert Redfield in Out of Africa. Clean shaven is overrated. Ask the Duck Dynasty guys.

Geek, that's great on the weight loss. Weird but I'm finding my hair is getting thinner where I don't want it to and showing up where it never use to be.

Bobby, your evening sounds like it was emotionally exhausting. That is usually a good thing in hard disguise.

Another day another.....uh day. I'm not up but I'm not down. I don't know what I am today. I think I just need some good old fashion fun and a good laugh. I think I will go to some kind of meeting today just to see if anyone is having a good time. If there are any mean biddies, I will kick them in the a** with my a** kicking shoes.

Geek, do I detect a kindred shoe lover???
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Today was my 17th sober day, wasn't that good as the previous 2 days. I was like dry drunk is several moments, no cravings but bad moral. Anyway tomorrow is a new day I'm sure things will be better.
Goodnight from Malta
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi guys, relatively quiet on here today, must be all the plans folk made to keep busy! We had a great day today, was a really good game and we just scraped a win.
Sorry for you Ben, better luck next time.

Black, I know you are going through a lot right now, and it is good to see you are making preparations to climb back on the wagon. We are here to lend a hand when you do.

Duffster I did catch a glimpse of your horse, he is a beauty, I am sure the girl who has him now will love him just as much as you did

FBL, you are doing so great, don't worry about whether folk notice any difference, some wont, and some will but won't say anything! What matters is how different you feel I side and out! And how much better that is!!

Bobbyz. I know how you feel. Once I decided to commit fully to my sobriety, I had to tell my husband. It was the most soul baring heart rending conversation I have ever had. I felt drained, exposed, scared and....freer. You need to take a wee time out to adjust to what you have told your sister, as she will have to take it all on board too. Remember it has been on your mind for a long time, this is the first time she has known the full truth. If she would like help, there is a friends and family forum here. She may want to ask questions, ask what she can do.
You have done a very brave thing, that will give you the strength to move further down your path to sobriety. I know what it took and I am in awe of you. Well done.