View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
bepresent

Toots, have fun at the game!

Geek, that's great that you're losing weight. The benefits of sobriety are many....

Sass, I also didn't know you were having surgery - we'll all be sending good healing vibes your way! My husband occasionally decides to go 'low carb', so I have a couple of cookbooks and there are some great low carb recipes online as well.

Shoes, I enjoyed reading your post - very glad you got through the urge. You're right, one bad hour out of 24 isn't too terrible.

Well done to you too, MeSo. "Do you drink wine?" - it couldn't have been easy being put on the spot unexpectedly like that!

I had a little moment in Tesco yesterday... they do those £10 'dine in for two' deals which include a bottle of wine. We were going to treat ourselves to a pre-cooked take-away meal for Saturday night, and I started to feel a little nostalgic for that Tesco Finest deal. I snuck one quick glance and saw that the bottles of red and white had pretty much gone, but there were loads of bottles of rose there, and it was like I had tunnel vision for a minute; it felt like more of a huge 'STOP' sign than an urge to actually buy one though. I moved on to the Chinese and Indian items and picked out a selection of those. Phew!

The sun's shining here, so we're doing some chores in the garden. Have a great sober Sunday, guys xxx