Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 10

Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good morning

@Shoes re lottery. No 3 here - well there have to be a few low numbers - can't be all in double figures lol. Fingers crossed xx. ok so Shoes has shoes. Meso has bags. I'm pens. Nice pens not any old plastic pen. Love them. People in work have to guard theirs in case I inadvertently 'borrow' them. A lovely expensive pen would be nice
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Morning all

Welcome briar to the club, your membership card is in the post.

Well things are going alright here, AV has left me alone but I have been smoking pot these last 4 nights, need to do something about it. Going to book in at the stop smoking nurse, gotta give up the fags to remove the temptation all together and doing it by myself just isn't working,

Feel like cr@p this morning and I really don't see the point in feeling like cr@p

Anywho day 37 without alcohol

Have a good day y'all
Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Shoes! Fab idea!! 35 for me, wont they work it out when we start shaking bottles of Perrier all over each other instead if champagne?? Not that I give a monkeys!

Briar, welcome to the best thread on SR imnsho As thread secretary, I take my position seriously and if you refer back to page 20 you will see the minutes I took from our previous meeting. I would appreciate some more intelligent input, to be frank I am surrounded by half wits here who can't ever write neatly!

Phebe, I guess what you put matter of factly was news to us, and as we have the emotional capacity to understand a little of what you must have gone through, it looks like we all had the same reactions and hearts went out to you. We cannot protect those we care about from the trials of life, but we can be there to help them up, hold them close until they can stand on their own two feet again, and watch hopefully as they move forward on their journey through life. You are wise beyond your years, as you have self awareness, and I know you will move forward with hope and strength.

Saskia, you put it beautifully in your post.

SJD 30 days, one month, WOW! Yay! And the perfect motto to move forward.

Marcher13, no, you ARE just wierd!! Hahaha as shoes sai, maybe all the longhand practice is working, or your motor whatsits (technical term probably above most of your heads) have improved. For me, I always thought I was clumsy coz I was always drunk or hung over, but no, I really can trip over my own shadow!!

Mesoso, ok you get to be Keeper Of The Handbags; all handbag related questions to be referred to you from now on. We expect photos.

Raggedly, I would never have had you down as a sci if geek, what with the Tardis as your avatar and all!!

BuddinK heading towards 40!!

Geek good advice for all of us there, sometimes our focus is so much on how to best stay sober, we don't look beyond that day. We need to remember we have the rest of our lives to live too! And what a wonderful man that guy with the flowers/herbs was!
JC you look after day 20, I want to see those three bananas from Shoes tomorrow!!

Snaggle, have you got a pen that would help Shoes write those magic numbers? Keeper Of The Pens you are, and a Mont Blanc for you out of my winnings.

AofS dare I say that perhaps you are feeling crap because you know you cannot consider yourself clean while still smoking dope? I say that as a total doper in my time. I feel personally that If I smoked instead of drinking, I would still be getting that away feeling I got from booze. That would keep the AV very alive for me, as the nice feeling is the only thing I miss and the one thing I would like to have again. If I am wrong ignore me, and good luck with the nurse.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

As for me guys( yes this is my me me me post) hubby will speak to the company tomorrow, and that will be when he makes his decision, based on all the facts. So not long to wait.
As my accent is already a mongrel of all the places I have lived, lord only knows what I would sound like after 2 years stateside!!
I am in a good place, considering it is limbo, what will be will be and once I know for sure iw I'll make plans-or not!

Be strong be safe be sober
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Check your Wednesday newspaper and see if they reported the winning lottery ticket numbers for the US and report back to me. I'll split it with you
I checked it Shoes but it didn't have any US ticket numbers -- what a bummer! My number is 8 by the way.

A big welcome to Briar, welcome out of lurkdom. None of us bite except maybe for Trachy, he's got lovely new teeth.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Morning Peeps

Welcome Briar

Not to clever at maths but I think my number is 45

Marcher13....my hand writing has become almost ineligible.

Huge congrats to all still here waving the Marcher flag, its been quite a journey, but so worth it in the end.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Mick x
Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Toots is on the money AofS...been there tried that.
Same sea of crap...just a different boat...

I'm glad you've decided to quit

D
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Toots, your posts always make me giggle, LOL! Keep us posted on the move - I'm feeling excited for you!

Shoes, it's a triple 48 for you, me and North, I believe.

I'm into jackets and coats - so now we've got most accessories covered, including writing implements, but we still need someone on jewelry....!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Ooh mememe necklaces!!!!!! Can i do that and be secretary or am i being greedy!!!
Just listening to Gloria Gaynor belting out ' i am what i am' the words resonated for the first time! Once we can say ' i am what i am with out shame and own our mistakes and our victories, we begin to move on
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hi guys - my naughty rabbit Oscar chewed through my internet cable so I haven't been able to go online! Unfortunately I drank an entire bottle of wine on Sunday in about an hour - I mean who does that for goodness sake?? I have no idea why I did it - I went to get some cat food and bought some wine and drank it - how annoying.
I don't feel too bad luckily, back on the wagon and off to the gym today. I am tired again though and it has triggered a bit of paranoia. Gah, stupid booze, stupid me, and stupid rabbit xxx
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

AofS dare I say that perhaps you are feeling crap because you know you cannot consider yourself clean while still smoking dope? I say that as a total doper in my time. I feel personally that If I smoked instead of drinking, I would still be getting that away feeling I got from booze. That would keep the AV very alive for me, as the nice feeling is the only thing I miss and the one thing I would like to have again. If I am wrong ignore me, and good luck with the nurse.
You are spot on toots, I feel like I am letting myself down and that my sobriety isn't truly sober so I am technically cheating and that sucks and makes me wonder (my AV chimes in here) "what's the point". But no point sitting here feeling guilty about it all, I need to pack it in and get over it.

Ill sort it out!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Daisy
Do you have a plan this time?

D
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I'm working so many shifts I'm finding it near impossible to go to meetings (childcare). I know I can't do it on my own, I need to go to meetings but until my daughter is older it's going to be really tough.
I'm not really sure what strategy to use other than buying all my food and cat food in bulk so I never run out - popping to the shop is apparently dangerous.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Welcome Briar

Toots - Snaggle, have you got a pen that would help Shoes write those magic numbers? Keeper Of The Pens you are, and a Mont Blanc for you out of my winnings.

Yay! I'm official - Keeper of the Pens - like that.

Toots - great post again and well deserved appointment as Official Marcher Secretary

Well done on some many high sober days out there

AoS - smoking is hard to quit - I never really got into the dope thing - tried it a couple of times but didn't really do anything for me. But I was a smoker. I gave up January 2012. It's hard - but you know you can do it - just look at how many sober days you have. Good luck with the nurse x

Daisy sorry about your slip - but we are in the same boat - I think we are both on Day 3 today - We can do this!

And lots of love to everyone else - I do read every post but am not as organised as Toots to reply to everyone xxxxx
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

I couldn't make it to meetings either, Daisy.

I think there's always a way tho, if you want there to be?

I used SR, but there's also online options for most recovery groups now, or options that don't have meetings at all, like Rational Recovery....

I wouldn't wait for things to get easier cos they probably won't, I'm afraid.

D
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Hi Daisy

Nothing dangerous about shops huney

Mick
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Welcome back Daisy

And Welcome to the group Briar

Morning from NE England, the sunshine has left us i'm afraid, back to rain which means no walk today for me! Another day of dissertation work to get through. Specifically, a stack of 1860's badly kept american newspapers with barely legible type. Wish me luck!

Have a good'un all

Ben
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Toots - D'Oh (yes, Simpsons fan too - in fact I used to claim Homer Simpson was my role model - possibly more truth in that than I cared to admit...). I forgot all about the Tardis, then again memory loss is one of the reasons I'm here.

In honour of today's impending lottery win (what can possibly go wrong), I am going to take a picture of my favourite Shoes and for a limited time dangle my feet outside my TARDIS.

Hope everyone is hanging in there, I'm in a very cheerful mood in spite of a third consecutive night of dreaming about drinking... and just like in real life, something bad always happens in the dream.

Take care all...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Welcome, Briar! It always feels good when someone who has been reading for awhile finally feels comfortable enough to post :-)

Daisy, I understand the store thing ... Been there, done that. What worked for me was 1) mapping a route through the store that avoided the booze, 2) shopping early in the am when I wasn't tempted and 3) putting it off by reminding myself that if I was determined to buy some, I would have to do that on a separate trip to the store. So I'd get home with my groceries, put my car in the garage and put away my groceries. Then I'd get involved in something that would occupy my mind so I didn't think about drinking - reading a book, doing a jigsaw puzzle, cleaning ... etc. This may seem like a long explanation all to avoid buying booze at the store but it made a big difference for me. It wasn't perfect but helped me make progress. Now i can go to the store and not buy alcohol. Good luck to you on finding the strategies that work for you!

Have a great day to all!

Hugs,
Sassy
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

@Daisy - welcome back, I too have a very very naughty dwarf rabbit!

@bepresent - you are also very young, it will be great for you daughter to have a sober mother

@Dee - thanks for taking care of the forum/threads

@Shoes - your posts are always long but trust me every word is worth reading

@Beagle - how are you my friend? do it one day at a time and never overdo a job remember "enough is best for an alcoholic"

@chuff1 - congratulations to you being sober

@toots - you make me smile, I admire you writing to everyone

To all other Marchers, thank you for posting in this thread, every one writes useful posts, it all helps and all of you have a part in my 20 days of sobriety.