Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 10

Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi JC, we get good days and bad days, happy and sad days whether we are sober or drunk. Sober, we just notice the difference more. Which means you have a better tomorrow to look forward to. Yay!!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Shoes...yep, kindred spirit here. Since I lost my hair, I accessorize with shoes and earrings to the extreme. Makes me feel good about myself. (My hair is coming back now. It's been 22 months. I have small baby fine hairs in places that have been skin bald for months. I hope to go without hats and scarves in the next six months or so. I posted my story early on in this thread. Hair Loss and Alcoholism?)

Weight loss: I'd been trying to get healthy for a while without giving up drinking but decided there was no way to do that. I gave up sodas a while ago and that started the weight loss. I gave them up completely...especially those with artificial sweetners because those things will kill you. I also started drinking protein shakes because alcohol robs our bodies of proteins and energy. The energy boost from the shakes is amazing, I really enjoy them.

For those who are struggling...and love to read, I recommend the book, Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell. You can read it or listen to it whichever is more convenient. It's not about alcoholism so to speak but about falling face forward and getting up again. Its an easy read and I loved it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Made it through Sunday, wishing everyone a good start to the week. Sleep well all. :-)
Old 04-14-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Morning all, it's Newcastle v Sunderland today (for those of you across the pond this is a rivalry of gargantuan proportion), very nervous.
Just for you Beagle...Newcastle Fan Punches a Horse. Not only that but he misses - how can you miss a nose that big?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHu...e_gdata_player
Old 04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

28 days of sobriety today.

I don't have cravings and I don't want to drink right now because I'm addressing my emotional and mental health issues that led me to drink. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I know I can focus on it one day at a time.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Jane

D
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Can't sleep. Rough night. It's 1:30 am here and I have to be to in 4.5 hours. Predicting a tired day tomorrow. Therapy after work though...I do look forward to those sessions.

Told my mom that I'm finally sober...she had no idea I had been in such a rough state. Hid it well, I guess. Closet suburban alcoholic.

I think I'll get a mani/peti tomorrow evening. That will be my late night pick-me-up tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!

It's been a long time.

Lost my head for a short - not necessarily with alcohol just a whole bunch of stuff - but woke up today and feel a lot more sane and all together there. I'll write a more thorough response to you all individually later and I have a fair few PM's off you all too (which is lovely) so I will get around to answering them too.

Love to you all my main dudes. Xxx
Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Geek033113 View Post
Can't sleep. Rough night. It's 1:30 am here and I have to be to in 4.5 hours. Predicting a tired day tomorrow. Therapy after work though...I do look forward to those sessions.

Told my mom that I'm finally sober...she had no idea I had been in such a rough state. Hid it well, I guess. Closet suburban alcoholic.

I think I'll get a mani/peti tomorrow evening. That will be my late night pick-me-up tomorrow.
Just in time for a cool pair of sandals I say.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to see you back Panache

D
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi Panache, glad you're back and feeling good - we've missed you! x
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi Panache, glad to see you back here. Quiet without you. Happy you are feeling better.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Wb panache.

Rough weekend here last night was a nightmare ended up in bed at 10, still made it through

Off to work
Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

SJD, I wish you strength to deal with your issues, it is hard but worth it to feel whole again rather than hiding from it through alcohol. You are doing great
Geek, lack of or too much sleep is commonplace when quitting. I have a quit drink meditation app that helps me sleep, it has a short version which I use if I wake in the night too. I'm glad the therapy is going well, see above!!! Lol
Shoes I think you and Geek should start your own thread, ' shoes to cure the blues' you could put up a different photo every day!

Panache, sweetie, it is lovely to see you back. I knew you had stuff to sort through, and I am so happy to see you back, you are the darling of the thread you know, we missed you!!!
Take your time easing back into things, and I o
Look forward to hearing more from you. Xx
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

AofS, shame about the rough weekend, especially as you made so many plans and seemed upbeat, glad to hear you surfed through though.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

hello sober people, hope you all had an acceptable weekend. Mine was filled with ups and downs but definitely better than drunk weekends. I just passed trough my 3rd consecutive sober weekend.

Welcome back Panache.

may you all have a sober, peaceful day.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
AofS, shame about the rough weekend, especially as you made so many plans and seemed upbeat, glad to hear you surfed through though.
My plans went to sh*t really toots, I started off well cleaned all the kitchen down, emptied and cleaned cupboards ect then I ran out of steam. Then just had a shocking day Sunday so was a bit of a total wrote off.

Not to worry all is well now
Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Morning all - great to hear from you again Panache - glad you are feeling better - I missed you xx Mind you I haven't been posting much either and have had a lot of things to deal with in my head. I have kept up with your posts but have missed the support and the craic that I got from being actively involved. I guess I didn't feel it was 'right' to be involved when I wasn't being honest. I see you all clocking up the sober days with total admiration. That will be me soon

We have family coming to stay this week for about 6 weeks!!! This will be hectic - but good. They are drinkers, a couple more so than the other one. However, I know that I will not be tempted while they are staying as I would not want to 'let myself down' or let them see what I can be like when I just sit and drink on my own - I won't get the chance if they are there

I have posted a link below for anyone who would like to have a read. It may not be to eveyone's taste and I don't want to depress anyone but it really hit home with me - its a very powerful read. Its written by a young lad from Ireland who is battling cancer for the 3rd time - he is only 16 and it looks like this time he will not recover. However, the strength of character and determination, the positive attitude and total will to beat this awful disease is truly inspiring. It really made me feel totally ashamed of myself - at how I get angry because I can't have a drink etc etc - It made me sit up and think how lucky I am that I am only battling my addiction to alcohol - something I have the power to overcome unlike Donal who is figthing a fight that he is ultimately not going to win.

Sorry to bring the modd of this usually very upbeat group down - but this really hit a chord with me.

Can't wait to catch up with all the Marchers again - Toots, Shoes A0S, BP, Mick, Dee, Panache, Mr B, JC, Geek, SJ, Natty, Sandgirl, Marcher (love the pic), Phebe, North, June, ElizMarie, Kelly and anyone I have missed - what a great group xxxx

Donal Walsh: 'I wanted to live, to play for Munster, to travel the whole world' - Independent.ie
Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Oops posted twice lol
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Snaggle, I have just read the link about Donal. what an inspiration he is.

I know I come across as supportive and understanding, but there have been times on here, when I have just felt like saying to someone"for f*ck sake stop wingeing, you don't know now lucky you are. Donals story is a timely reminder to everyone here... Count you blessings, don't become self indulgent or self pitying. Sobriety is giving you a good chance at a new and better life, with minimal restrictions. We are blessed to have this opportunity to become the adults we ought to have been had we not put our lives on hold through alcohol. Read this boys plight every time you feel down, every time you feel sorry for yourself, every time you ask why me.

Thank you Snaggle, it is a privalige to know this boy. I wish I had half his guts and determination.