Notices

Class of February 2013 part 4

Old 03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

PS. Thank you guys for your congrats on the 30 days....and woo hoo Clarity and Tick!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Today was by far the toughest. Tons of drama between myself & my ex-partner. My abs, eyes & facial muscles hurt from sobbing. I'm not sure if this is the best thing for me but I took off a few days from work and I'm headed to spend some time with family on thurs. I don't need to be alone this weekend... at all. I didn't make a meeting today. So that probably also contributes to my anxiety & inability to cope.

Guilt is a powerful emotion. But at least she firmly said its over... So- it's done. Tomorrow is another day. And, perhaps surprisingly, I made it through today sober as a stone... Day12...done.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starbaby928 View Post
Today was by far the toughest. Tons of drama between myself & my ex-partner. My abs, eyes & facial muscles hurt from sobbing. I'm not sure if this is the best thing for me but I took off a few days from work and I'm headed to spend some time with family on thurs. I don't need to be alone this weekend... at all. I didn't make a meeting today. So that probably also contributes to my anxiety & inability to cope.

Guilt is a powerful emotion. But at least she firmly said its over... So- it's done. Tomorrow is another day. And, perhaps surprisingly, I made it through today sober as a stone... Day12...done.
Oh Star,
I am so so sorry!! And really proud of you for your amazing attitude...think I'm also going through a breakup....man this hurts big time!!!!
Awesome that you made it through sober....I'm going to follow in your footsteps...
all of my love,

Venus xx
Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

wow, this thread moves way faster than i seem to be able to read. that means all you feb folks are rocking the house on postings. congrats clarity, tick, and venuscat on is it 30 days? AWESOME!!!

sorry i can't respond to all the cool posts individually, please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers for safe, happy, sober days.

star, so sorry to hear about your relationship. i'm really proud of you for not drinking over it. i find when i drink if something bad happens, or if i drank and something bad did happen, i second guess myself - wondering if my drinking had something to do with it. when you take drinking out of the equation, you can know that whatever happened was either meant to be or at least it wasn't BECAUSE of your drinking.

i almost lost my relationship to this disease. and when i sobered up, it was shaky for a long time. thankfully, this relapse i just had was short and didn't derail us. we all have a lot of work to do, and i wish us all the perserverance to make ourselves better on all levels.

take care februarians!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Oh Star,
I am so so sorry!! And really proud of you for your amazing attitude...think I'm also going through a breakup....man this hurts big time!!!!
Awesome that you made it through sober....I'm going to follow in your footsteps...
all of my love,

Venus xx
We can get through this together Venuscat!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
wow, this thread moves way faster than i seem to be able to read. that means all you feb folks are rocking the house on postings. congrats clarity, tick, and venuscat on is it 30 days? AWESOME!!!

sorry i can't respond to all the cool posts individually, please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers for safe, happy, sober days.

star, so sorry to hear about your relationship. i'm really proud of you for not drinking over it. i find when i drink if something bad happens, or if i drank and something bad did happen, i second guess myself - wondering if my drinking had something to do with it. when you take drinking out of the equation, you can know that whatever happened was either meant to be or at least it wasn't BECAUSE of your drinking.

i almost lost my relationship to this disease. and when i sobered up, it was shaky for a long time. thankfully, this relapse i just had was short and didn't derail us. we all have a lot of work to do, and i wish us all the perserverance to make ourselves better on all levels.

take care februarians!
Drinking wasn't an option for me. 1) I was a sobbing hot mess. 2) I would've probably ended doing even more damage to her & her family than I've already done. Not interested in that!

Glad to hear you have been able to the turn the ship a bit with your loved one.

SB
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Sorry to hear about your bike NewLife, that really sucks. Have you reported it to the police? You never know they might be able to do something. A common vandalism trend up in the north east atm is to just take the wheels off bikes and leave the frame, i've seen it happen so many times. People can be so mean
Thanks Mr Beagle. I haven't reported it because i can't find the picture of it yet and can't give a full description. Yeh ppl can be so cruel, that was my way of getting about but now i'll have to find money for train and bus fare that i haven't got thought about drinking last night after this happened, and because my ex has just got out of prison and started messaging me. Through recover i have learned to not even get into it, so i ignored him and he started turning nasty. Upset me a lot, but i did something different this time, instead of drinking & getting into an argumanet with him, i ignored him & changed my number
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
PS. Thank you guys for your congrats on the 30 days....and woo hoo Clarity and Tick!!!
Well done on 30 days venus! x
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starbaby928 View Post

Day 12 well done Star. How hurtful for you. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, sober now too. Yes tomorrow is the first day of a new chapter and the rest of your life. You are changing for the better now and your strong to get where you are, keep going.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I had a really good talk with my temp sponsor....something she said triggered a response in me, and I had one of those light-bulb moments!!

Why can't I be as compassionate to my man as I am to my fellow recovering friends?

Well I can be. So I changed things up...offered love and understanding instead of being critical and thinking about myself....the relationship may be going through a rough patch, but I guess this is just another life lesson for me.

Love you all,

Venus xx
Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Don't blink in this thread, you'll be doing catch up reading for a while! What a great group - so happy to be part of it!

I see some folks are having relationship stressors. I can only relate that, for me, the gentle touch of my wife is much more soothing than that bottle ever was. TLC - the wonder drug!

Let's have another sober day. Woot!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Day 18 comes to a close.

Thank you to everyone for all the supportive comments. I read as many posts as I can and I wish I could reply to everyone. I don't have much time between long days at work, rushing home to feed me and the cat, going to meetings and then coming home to go to bed as early as I can so I can get enough sleep and get up early for work. I'm trying to get up early enough to get some exercise in, but if I'm not in bed by 9.30, that doesn't happen.

Bless you all for being here for me even though I can't participate as much as I would like. You'll never know how much you've helped me.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Day 2 - slept like a baby last night, as I always do when I don't drink! Been doing a lot of reading on AVRT and urge surfing, think it could really help my sobriety if i associate my drinking with one of the things that have happened in my life that have really hurt me. Seeing my AV 'as that ex' could definitely be useful.

Gonna do some university work today, feeling good and fresh, love to you all
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone, Day 18 here. Iv'e been out of the loop here the past few days. Getting sober is not the easiest thing in my life. Mind seems to race much of the time. I really believe much has to do with handling my emotions in the norm, instead of being drunk or hungover. Everything seems to throw me a curve in the way I might feel or handle it or maybe it's just me in thinking am I handling it the right way. Welcome to anyone knew that I don't know about and good to see familiar names. I read this book that has a thought for the day, meditation and prayer. Sometimes it hits me right on in what I'm dealing with. Stay Sober today, Eh...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Meditation for the Day: Fear is the curse of the world. Many are our fears. Fear is everywhere. I must fight fear as I would a plague. I must turn it out of my life. There is no room for fear in the heart that God dwells. Fear cannot exist where true love is or where faith abides. So I must have no fear. Fear is evil, but perfect love casts out all fear. Fear destroys hope and hope is necessary for all of humanity. Thought...We must surrender, give up and admit that we're helpless. When God knows that we a ready, he gives us by his Grace the free gift of Sobriety. Sometimes we try to hard, It is better to relax and accept it...
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
ub3

Day 26 or 5 not quite sure definetly nearley a month has been a struggle of late but have managed to just push through and get on with it....This too does pass...And good things are in the post to us if we continue to keep fighting the good fight
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Venus and Starbaby, my heart goes out to you, and I admire your strength in staying sober.

ub3, Congratulations on Day 26!!

Goose, AA has (of course) an acronym about fear: False Evidence Appearing Real.
And I also remember a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: Do one thing every day that causes you fear. I also "fear" things but on close examination it is often another emotion, like procrastination, or imagining the outcome... Glad you posted this though.

NewLifeForMeeee, I am sorry about your bike. Can you walk part of the way? I have gotten through a lot of bad moments that way.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Just reading through this thread again--what a source of inspiration you all are! We all have our ups and our downs, but we've come together collectively to work hard, and make improvements in our lives, and I find comfort and strength in the realization that I am not alone. Thank you all for sharing your stories, both positive and negative. There is something in every post here that touches my heart in one way or another, and it feels so good to truly feel once again.

Celebrating day 21!!

Best to every one of you on this Wednesday morning!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hey Guys. Starting Day 13 here. I thank all of you for your support. But I feel like I should make it clear that I don't deserve any pity because of this situation. I did this. I lost that relationship because of my actions when I was wasted. She deserves much, much, much better than me.

I'm struggling to get up & going today. I took off tomorrow & Friday so I can get out of this apartment... Facing this weekend alone is not an option. I'm definitely going to hit a meeting tonight after work.

Much love & hope to you all!
SB
Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Congrats on day 11! I too am very excited for the football tonight. I have a feeling United will win, RVP at least one goal. Thanks for thinking about me and tiger, i'm still here getting through the day and i'm sure tiger is too

Sweeny and FF thanks so much for your kind words. SR is definitely my safe place i've realised. When i'm on here all desire to drink tends to dissipate, so it seems logical that I spend as much time on this wonderful site as possible.

Peace
Mr Beagle/1StepUp I'm a huge Football Fan. Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea... Rooting for BVB - Borussia Dortmund this CL. Would like to make to the Bridge someday for a match. Made it to the 2006 WC. It reminds me of a drunk story in Stuggart. My son was with me and our hotel was about an hour by train to the FanFest area. Well it was a day that we were not attending a match, so we went to the FanFest early. And got totally ****faced on wine, watching Spain/Tunisia among other things. The rains came and we got separated, it got dark and late. We had found out before hand the time of the last train back to the hotel. I was in a total drunk panic because I had not seen my son for hours. How I remembered I don't know. I literally did not know what to do. So I went to the train station and there my son was standing. I know we all have our stories, but the things this poison would get me into is many. I don't go a weekend without watching the EPL. Looks like Jose may have Real destined, they are even handling Barca of late.