Notices

Class of February 2013 part 4

Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me. I've only posted once on this forum but I wanted to say that just being able to read and know that I am not alone in my quest has made all the difference in the world. I too have hurt the people that I love by drinking. Made promises and broke them. Driven drunk. Pasted out in parking lots in my car. Just about every thing take you have done I have done. I am lucky that I didn't hurt any one and I am lucky to be alive. Just know that I read your advise every day and take it to heart. Your advise and learning about my AV has made the challenge not so much a challenge. I feel so different about this time. I've try to stop other times for other people but this time is for me and I feel good. I am reinventing my self with exercise, volunteer work, reading, this forum, counselling, eating right etc. Thanks to all my classmates for the incredible inspiration.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good heavens! I take a couple of days off from this thread and it grows by 15 pages? I may naver catch up!

Maintaining the sober life, and loving it. 35 days today. Almost time to be counting in weeks.

SR provided the vehicle and my fellow passengers provided the tools. Let's keep it going!

We can do this!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Since we are moving along here:

firstweek, fantail, Estone, Precious Kitty, Liza, ShapeUp, Goose1, venuscat, Marksman, Starbaby928, Fitness1234, laana, 1stStepUp, Nonsensical, Noubledegitive, MrBeagle, Bunny44, NewLifeForMeee, and ICanDoThis2013, Bizooky, Dee, Odelle, justme2013, NewLifeForMeeee, Paddler, CrossFox, ub3, Melissa6381, Rosie199, Lavender520, MSweeney, TigerLili, JCMalta, Pamel, Tick, Easyrider, markinsf, wehav2day, soberjanedoe, Liza, bigaquagirl, Mainza, Sistahsober

Anyone still missing from the roster or want to join?
Yes Pamel. May I be added as well?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
now's the time

Good morning, day 19!

Had a nice, quiet day yesterday and slept at reasonable hours. Today I woke up feeling... like myself again. Wanting to do things! I'm going to yoga in an hour. The downside is I'm still unemployed, so in some ways getting my energy back is a bummer (what on earth to do with all this time), lol. But in general very glad to feel like if I did get a job offer I'd be able to take it without falling asleep at my desk!

Starbaby -- You could take those events as a gentle reminder to shift your focus from your partner for the time being, but without shutting yourself off from love and friends. Just one way of looking at it.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Star..it seems when I'm helping someone else....I forget about my problems...take one day at a time...staying busy really helps
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So tonight there a meeting I want to go to. My partner has been coming with me but tonight she can't. I am hesitate to go by myself. Day 9
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello! Been naughty not checking in. Caught myself fantasizing about drinking red wine in a year. I never even drank red wine. Kinda stupid!

Love the new name sistahsober! And I think it was Mr.Beagle, I'm from Newcastle too, small world eh? But probably not a coincidence with Saturday's performance! ;-)

Day 15. Going strong. Going to relatives for tea. Then probs watch the rest of my tar Wars blu rays.

Getting a little anxious about my planned smoking cessation in 16 days. Probably read Allen Carr's easy way book again, It worked a few weeks the first time. THen I totally skim read it last time and it never worked. But, we'll see what happens this time. Whatever, I won't drink. I'm so freakin happy and getting happier everday, I'm not giving this up. Even though what goes up must come down. But maybe there is an expeption. Probably not.

right anyway. Keep up the work guys. Promise to keep checking in and the next time I have any revelations lol
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
So tonight there a meeting I want to go to. My partner has been coming with me but tonight she can't. I am hesitate to go by myself. Day 9
It can feel scary going to your first? meeting yourself..... BUT......

You're never by yourself anymore... You've got us, and we've got you and you've got the ppl at the meeting...

Get your bum on that chair and your head will follow, sit and listen, or talk which ever feels right for you. You can do it
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLifeForMeeee View Post
Happy sober Monday to you all.
I'm feeling a bit low today. A bit displaced, empty, withdrawn and disconnected. Think i'm going to plan my week on my white board, that way i may get more done than what i will in this frame of mind. I drawn Mon-Sun and (morning, aftern, eve) then write what i need to do that week. and it's up on the wall, i've finally realised how to knock a little nail into the door/walls
I think I weill do something similiar. Thanks Newlife. Have a Happy Monday.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FF1962 View Post
Day 16 for me. I've only posted once on this forum but I wanted to say that just being able to read and know that I am not alone in my quest has made all the difference in the world. I too have hurt the people that I love by drinking. Made promises and broke them. Driven drunk. Pasted out in parking lots in my car. Just about every thing take you have done I have done. I am lucky that I didn't hurt any one and I am lucky to be alive. Just know that I read your advise every day and take it to heart. Your advise and learning about my AV has made the challenge not so much a challenge. I feel so different about this time. I've try to stop other times for other people but this time is for me and I feel good. I am reinventing my self with exercise, volunteer work, reading, this forum, counselling, eating right etc. Thanks to all my classmates for the incredible inspiration.
Nice to meet you FF. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Since we are moving along here:

firstweek, fantail, Estone, Precious Kitty, Liza, ShapeUp, Goose1, venuscat, Marksman, Starbaby928, Fitness1234, laana, 1stStepUp, Nonsensical, Noubledegitive, MrBeagle, Bunny44, NewLifeForMeee, and ICanDoThis2013, Bizooky, Dee, Odelle, justme2013, NewLifeForMeeee, Paddler, CrossFox, ub3, Melissa6381, Rosie199, Lavender520, MSweeney, TigerLili, JCMalta, Pamel, Tick, Easyrider, markinsf, wehav2day, soberjanedoe, Liza, bigaquagirl, Mainza, Sistahsober

Anyone still missing from the roster or want to join?
Yes. I want in.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starbaby928 View Post
Start of Day 11 here! Got a good night's rest. Off to work & then off to a women's meeting after work!

Hope everyone has or had a great day!

SB
Keep your eyes open SB - good luck finding a sponsor this week. Know I'm looking too and feeling just as daunted as you are. We can do this!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SistahSober View Post
Starting Day 8! My anxiety is not nearly as bad as it was. I am able to control my thoughts and not have full blown attacks. I think that having sobriety is like having a baby, getting a new job or starting a new relationship....all I want to do is talk to every one about how happy I am. At this point everyone around me is glad to hear it but I'm sure it will get old to them (oh well). I'm proud of myself and I want the world to know.

One thing I have found hard is that I want my family to stop drinking too. It is such a ugly habit I want them to fully understand what it can do without them going through what I went through. Of course everyone thinks they are invincible as did I or they don't think they don't have a problem. All I can think is you don't realize how bad your alcohol problem is until you try to quit.

~SistahSober
Brag away. Were proud of you too Sistah.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starbaby928 View Post
So- many of you know my partner & I are taking some time apart. I still have been wearing my ring. Well, this morning- I can't find it. I looked everywhere... No sign of it.

As I'm crying and searching, a dear friend that I haven't spoken with in quite some time calls me... He's lost his best friend in a plane crash. I immediately went into nurture mode, which is my personality... Well, when I'm sober.

Once I hung up with him and started my drive to work- I couldn't help but wonder what my HP is communicating to me with this string of events...

I'm in a weird place this morning. I have a meeting set up with someone immediately after work- we're going for coffee & then to a meeting she's leading.

I feel a little lost although I was happy to be able to be there for my friend.
It is so great that you recgonize that it god's will and there are reasons things happen to us (good and bad).

I couldn't do that when I was using.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Good morning, day 19!

Had a nice, quiet day yesterday and slept at reasonable hours. Today I woke up feeling... like myself again. Wanting to do things! I'm going to yoga in an hour. The downside is I'm still unemployed, so in some ways getting my energy back is a bummer (what on earth to do with all this time), lol. But in general very glad to feel like if I did get a job offer I'd be able to take it without falling asleep at my desk!

Starbaby -- You could take those events as a gentle reminder to shift your focus from your partner for the time being, but without shutting yourself off from love and friends. Just one way of looking at it.
Yoga. YAY Fantail!

I have trouble with the energy thing too. I think bordom, and depression contributes to it. I have a hard time staying awake at my desk. This site and all of you have helped tremendously though.

Until you get a job try to enjoy your time off and your rest.

Have a wonderful time at yoga. I really should get back to that myself.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
This will be good or you Fitesss. You will do fine. And know we will be with you in spirit.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Hello! Been naughty not checking in. Caught myself fantasizing about drinking red wine in a year. I never even drank red wine. Kinda stupid!

Love the new name sistahsober! And I think it was Mr.Beagle, I'm from Newcastle too, small world eh? But probably not a coincidence with Saturday's performance! ;-)

Day 15. Going strong. Going to relatives for tea. Then probs watch the rest of my tar Wars blu rays.

Getting a little anxious about my planned smoking cessation in 16 days. Probably read Allen Carr's easy way book again, It worked a few weeks the first time. THen I totally skim read it last time and it never worked. But, we'll see what happens this time. Whatever, I won't drink. I'm so freakin happy and getting happier everday, I'm not giving this up. Even though what goes up must come down. But maybe there is an expeption. Probably not.

right anyway. Keep up the work guys. Promise to keep checking in and the next time I have any revelations lol
Good to hear from you EasyRider.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Checking in

Peace Day no.15, today was a very positive day and I would like to share this with you:

Antidote for stress: Take a deep breath and think of something that pleases you.

Seems to work for this alcoholic, hope it does for you too.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 10 for me today, double figures!

Been catching up with the thread and have noticed what great support and encouragement we have got here from each other. I feel proud of what im doing, but i know that people in my life who do not have this problem, cannot begin to understand how complex recovery can be. Its not just 'stopping drinking' its a total life change and dealing with life sober is challenging for someone who has always used the booze as a crutch. You guys know but it can be frustrating trying to convert the non believers.

Anyway ive had an good day, took my daughter to school then had my youngest all day which was great. Feel physically back to normal now, emotionally up and down.

Too many to mention but hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I am checking in on day 27. So far, so good. This class continues to move forward, in sorrow and in joy. Hang in there everyone, we will all be tested as days go on and in times of despair is when we need to be even more vigilant in protecting our sobriety.

Venuscat, as I shared before, I lost a kitten in January. For the next week, my other cat, Mimi, was acting sick and not eating or drinking water. I was worried that she may have contracted the FIP virus also. I decided not to take her to the vet because if she had the virus there wasn't anything they could do for her. Yes, vets are incredibly expensive. Mimi is fine. I think she may have been depressed after losing her companion or she may have sensed my dismay. Venus may be going through something similar.