# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2013 part 2

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2013-a-20.html

D
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 9 today and feeling great apart from a cold. At work now so catch up later have a great day everyone!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee you must have a full time job looking after this site. You are amazing, and offer so much support. Just wanted to say thanks.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And thanks from me too Dee even tho' I have only known you for two days. I just popped in to "see" you all, stay strong Marchers.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks dee you do a amazing job

morning everyone day 3 for me today

slight cravings, im a wheeler dealer on ebay, and got some items ending today, so thats in my AV get some beers with the cash you make

but my normal brain is saying treat yourself to a nice part for your car

ive got my own little fiesta which is just my toy really, to keep me busy

we have a familly car too, so i can do what i want to my fiesta

anyway got to get on with the bedroom swapping, lots of tidying up to do

keep myself busy

and get a car part NOT beers

all the best good luck everyone

dave
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning all, Day 9 for me too.

After a rough week of sleep, I've been up through the night. Plan is to stay awake until tonight and hopefully restore some kind of order in regards to that.

I might keep myself occupied and go for a walk along the coast after a short train ride. I think it's good to get out of here and take my mind off things for a day a week at least you know? Besides, I'll probably fall asleep If I sit in today.

I'll check back tonight.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys

D
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm ending this evening early by having a bit of a read around here, then to bed with a good book. Friends are coming for a BBQ lunch tomorrow, this is going to be a time when AV is going to be chirping in my ear, I know he will but I'm going to tell him to go away. I'm going to concentrate on preparing the food -- lamb on the BBQ, new potatoes in sour cream and chives, roasted tomatoes and coleslaw. Lots of summer fruit for dessert.

My San Pellegrino is going to accompany me and I've got some really nice tea for when AV starts chirping when the wine bottle on the table is half empty. I am coming here straight after my friends leave to tell you I made it through, I don't want to let me or you down.

Stay strong Marchers, I wish you could all come to the BBQ and sit on the deck -- what dry fun it would be.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Marcher, good luck tomorrow, you can do it! BBQ sounds yummo. I am heading to bed too, think we are the only Aussies, (except Dee??) Tempted to say it, ok gonna say it, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy, oy, oy!!

Look forward to reading all the posts in the a.m.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Starting day 9 today..besides a slight cold and /or allergies, I really am feeling good. I know they say it's common to get sick during the early weeks, but it just doesn't make logical sense to me! We are getting healthier, yet our immune system goes down?? Oh well. I lost 4 pounds this week too. Yesterday, I took some time to shop.. for me! Not the house, or the kids or the dogs, but me...two shirts and some earrings and accessories. It sounds small, but really don't do that often. I pretty much spent what I would have spent on wine this week..about $70. And it feels good to do something for myself. Today I will be at the softball field all day, my daughter has 2 games and they are an hour away. So that will fill up much of my time.
Yesterday...I had this thought...I felt happy, I felt good...yet something was still missing.. my wine/beer. It makes no sense, because I know if HAD the wine or beer, things wouldn't be good anymore. Its like our addiction erases of our mind of common sense and the obvious cause and effect of drinking.
Let's get through this weekend Marchers....
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's been a long time since I've been up and feeling this good on a weekend. Sons Basketball bringing the car in for service and a little shopping today. Hopefully I make it through day 6 without slipping!

Hope everyone has a peaceful alcohol free weekend!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yep I live in drop bear country

D
Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

my AV is nagging at me, im on day 3, i feel like ive got or getting a cold too, as someone else said (sorry forgot user name) its weird how we are getting healthy but get sick

anyway im getting on with the tidying up it endless, but keeping me busy, just stopped for a coffee and biscuit, and catch up on here

dave
Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning all - we're getting through the weekend! Off for a busy day with the boys and grandparents but wanted to check in. Thank you, Dee, for starting this new thread - how great that we have so many posters that wr need a new thread! I look forward to reading everyone's posts and how their days are going when I get home later tonight. Wishing everyone a peaceful day.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning all!

It's day 4 for me today. I kept the promise to myself yesterday that I would get out of the house and move - it felt really good. I'm a little sore today, but it's supposed to be a gorgeous day here today so will get up and out again. I seem to forget how much better I feel with a little fresh air and exercise ...

Have a great sober day all!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This morning greeted me either knowing that's I completed 7 days, 1 entire week without a drink. I spent the past couple years wondering if I could ever do that again in my life. It really feels amazing. Still waking up within a headache every morning and feel a little hung over but know that they are not real. My body just doing whatever it is to adjust too the hugely calorie deficit most likely. Lost 2 points this week. Even though it's not the goal was a nice byproduct.

Have our annual drivers meeting and awards breakfast in an hour or so. Time to finalize what I have to talk about. Then we have a basketball game to go to tomorrow. Busy weekend which is good.

Stay strong and on track marchers.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day One - I hope this works. I'm in tears at my keyboard. Reading everyone's post is incredibly inspirational, but I terrified. I am so afraid of this.

Gonna wake up and go work out, spend some time with the people I love and try to enjoy life.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning, Sober Marchers!

Day 14 :-)

Welcome to our new posters! We just keep growing and growing and we're less than 1/2 way through March :-)

So many creative minds here, it's great to see us planning ahead for the weekend and how we can help ourselves avoid drinking! I'm proud of each and every one of us. Gotta go do my volunteer work so I will do some individual shout-outs later. Great to see a number of you connecting with others since if I tried to do individual messages to each and every one of you every day, my posts would be unbelievably long. I do think that supporting each other is soooo helpful!

I'll be checking out the weekend thread later.

Sassy
Old 03-09-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Nagel, that intense fear seems very common in the very early days. That will pass. Over time, the joys of being sober far outweigh the very few negatives. It's a process, not an event.

S
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nagel View Post
Day One - I hope this works. I'm in tears at my keyboard. Reading everyone's post is incredibly inspirational, but I terrified. I am so afraid of this.

Gonna wake up and go work out, spend some time with the people I love and try to enjoy life.
One day at a time! Day one for me too. Exited that you are here Nagel.