Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 09-30-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Gottawonder- keep it going. Day 5? Congrats!

Almost forgot -Groder- Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Wish you could pack me in your suitcase! Have a fantastic sober time! Look forward to hearing all about it!

xoxox
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I would like to suggest a book to those who believe in God. Victory over the darkness by Neil T. Anderson. For me it added a set of tools for fighting the war in my head that worked in such a powerfull way. I"m on this tread because I relapsed/tested myself after over a year sober. It does get easier! Thank God I didn't slip back very far at all! I feel like I just got back up and started moving forward again. The best thing to do is get busy with something and not dwell on it if you can. I am an obsessive person and will overthink everything. My wife say's "You not only beat a dead horse, you make glue out of it!" Yeah but at least is sticks!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Left hook those pics are so cute!

Drifter I know that my dog is a huge motivation to stay sober. I've been havin a lot of fun walking, hiking, and at the dog park lately!

WWG- great job, have fun watching football!!

Well it's just about 6AM here waiting for it to get a lil light outside to head to the park with my dog. And another morning head ache free. I'm gonna stay busy today and re organize my closet today. I also need to wash my car.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Woke up this morning feeling so much better. Still tired, but 100% better than yesterday-waking up sober w/o a hangover is great.

Onto day 2.

Yeah, so football, I'm a huge Eagles fan and for years I watched all their games while drinking, but this year I've watched all three sober. It's nice to actually follow what's going on :-)
Of course, being a sober Eagles fan is tough this year-they've been the cardiac kids.

For some reason knowing Andy Reid doesn't drink is somewhat of a help. Weird, I know.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone!

I can't figure out just who everyone is but read all your posts and find them funny, encouraging, educating and an awesome daily support!

Going to watch the Patriots today and plan on pigging out! I figure my priority is enjoying life right now, not adding additional rules. I'd never survive. My fortune cookie Friday night said "Today's action becomes tomorrow's habit". Love it! FYI read an article, on another post that says it takes 10 weeks to establish new habits so your body/brain doesn't keep trying to get you to do what it's used to. So I'm focusing on that benchmark when my brain tries to trick me. Hopefully after 10 weeks my booze brain with be shut off.

Took my daughter out shopping for clothes after dinner which I never would have done before. Can't wait for the podium tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Today is 10 days for me. Thought I'd join. Extra support is never bad.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Congratulations everyone!

I can't figure out just who everyone is but read all your posts and find them funny, encouraging, educating and an awesome daily support!

Going to watch the Patriots today and plan on pigging out! I figure my priority is enjoying life right now, not adding additional rules. I'd never survive. My fortune cookie Friday night said "Today's action becomes tomorrow's habit". Love it! FYI read an article, on another post that says it takes 10 weeks to establish new habits so your body/brain doesn't keep trying to get you to do what it's used to. So I'm focusing on that benchmark when my brain tries to trick me. Hopefully after 10 weeks my booze brain with be shut off.

Took my daughter out shopping for clothes after dinner which I never would have done before. Can't wait for the podium tomorrow!
Enjoy a sober Patriots win. I will doing the same.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by driftapart View Post
Exactly haha. I'm excited to get back into it!

Gonna look for a new puppy tomorrow afternoon, since I'm able to be a responsible parent now.
soo cool, let us know what kind of pup you get. I love dogs I had a siberian husky and adopted a yorkie bichon.

On day 7, almost through the weekend. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
Ok I'm done with my picture party lol sorry guys. I use to make fun of ppl who showed everyone pics of their kids but now I'm totally that person.
That second one is begging for a caption up on Facebook. Not that I'd ever do that, to yours or my kids. But I do enjoy seeing other people's works of humor.

Nothin' wrong with sharing cute pics. Puts a smile on our faces at the cuteness.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Day 21, countdown to the big 3 - Oh... taking the kids to the Nature Center in Knoxville today. It's my favorite way to feel close to God.

Have a beautiful blessed day everybody.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Missyshelle76, Hi and welcome to September group. 10 days keep up the good work. :-)
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! I'm on to day 2 and am so glad I can grab my iPad and read the posts/look at pictures. I've already got my casserole in the oven and am out of chores to do. I really don't know how to fill all the time I'm finding on my hands. Don't know if it's because I'm so jumpy or what but everything seems to take much less time to do without being sloshed and I have a feeling sleep is going to be as hard to come by as it was yesterday.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Morning all,

Day 15 for me - never thought I'd say those words. Such amazing posts overnight and this morning. Going to be a sports widow today b/w Ryder Cup and football although I do like golf.

Have sober Sunday my friends and we'll see you all at the podium tmw!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Day 7.

Much like my fellow football fanatics I am looking forward to a sober day of watching NFL games. The last four years my beloved Broncos have lost at home to the Raiders and it game me a good "excuse" to get hammered during the game to help wash my sorrows away. Today, win or lose, I will be sober when the final gun sounds. Best wishes to all of you and may your teams win...unless you are a Raiders fan!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Day 13
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Day 28 (4 weeks today!)

I think I can do this;
and I think you all can to!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Welcome Tally809, glad you're here. Have a great Sober Sunday.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GottaWonder View Post
Although I will have great fondness for the class of September, I think I will need more than the single day I posted here to stay recovered. I guess I'll straddle two months to reach my 30 days.
Ditto here.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Welcome GuySmiley to class of September.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Welcome Guy!