Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So this morning I was whining and complaining about how out of my head I was and now I'm doing a little dance that I made it past 72 hours and moved my bar a little higher. It's been an interesting day.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Joining the September 2012 class.

Last drinking was 9/17.

11 days today.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Veritas1 View Post
Joining the September 2012 class.

Last drinking was 9/17.

11 days today.
Aww we have the same sobriety date
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

^^^ How cool is that!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome veritas

D
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Morning all, welcome to everyone joining the class :-)

Off to move my parents today, so catch up later. Have a fantastic Sober Saturday, love to you all.

Day 28. I forgot life could be this good. For those struggling push on, its a tough road but but worth it. X
Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi All

How is everyone?

I've not been in for a couple of days, now that I'm not drinking, I'm getting so much more done and I had a busy couple of days. Got a bit grumpy last night with the OH... wasn't his fault, I just wanted some of the wine he had and the voice in my head was shouting loudly.

Figgy how's it going? I'm still here and still not drinking, thank you so much for checking on me. How are you doing? Anything planned for the weekend? I've got a quiet one on thankfully - walk the dog, do some work I need to finish and my sister is coming for a visit. All, hopefully, safe things to do.

Well I'm up at silly O'clock in a Saturday morning, so I guess I should make the most of it. I will try and check in later.

Have a good Saturday everyone. I hope to see you all on Monday.

IWF
Old 09-29-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So this is Septembers class?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep.

D
Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

End of day 11. It was hard not going out with the boys tonight, but I survived.

Gonna try and get some sleep now. Goodnight friends.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Welcome newcomers!

I'm right there with you Jimuk (28 days) Congrats!

Another busy day ahead of me...Just checking in. Wish I had more time to post. It seems my days just keep me too busy. Looking forward to a day off Monday. Everyone have a great sober weekend! We Can Do It!

xoxox
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
She made it sound like that's the only way to get them to stop the case. I don't know how this stuff works. I'm not even worried about cops watching me its mainly just my dignity. Like i said I have never abused or tried to abuse any woman in my life ever. That's one thing I can say i did NOT do while drinking. I've done plenty of bad things like lying and shady behavior but I have never touched a woman with violent intent.
I had a case opened recently, without my asking, against my two exes (two of my kids/separate dads). I called that office when I got the letter and told them I had a private agreement with both men. As soon as my exes sent me letters detailing the child support agreement we'd arranged (one of them was an email w/ the scanned signature embedded) I left them at the child support office, and the case was closed.

I hate to speak ill of someone I've never met, but I think she's lying. Sorry you're going through this.

But I echo the sentiment of others - do NOT tarnish your name with a false accusation or confession. Just because you were born w/o ovaries doesn't mean you have to take the fall for this.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congrats Jimuk!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi! It's Saturday morning and I'm still here and still sober. Going to breakfast with someone that used to work for me at my previous job and so excited. When I was actively drinking breakfast on a Saturday was absolutely, 100% out of the question. No way Jose. That was my time to sleep late and get rid of my hangover.

NOT TODAY!!! I'm going and I'm actually gonna eat...yet another thing that was out of the question not too long ago.

Then it is off to the beauty salon for a much needed haircut and covering up of the little gray hairs that have started appearing more frequently than not. Ahhh...the perils of getting older (and, thankfully, wiser!)

I'm back (unattended!) tonight so praying for strength to drown out the voice that is desperately trying to convince me that an evening of alone time means a date with the Beast. Frankly, I don't find him very attractive anymore but he is a convincing devil sometimes! Just have to yell over him and drown him in green tea!!

Wishing you all a wonderful sober Saturday!!!!

Last edited by IWillWin; 09-29-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Stupid auto correct!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I followd this thread from another if that makes sense. Just wanted to put in my two cents about what worked to kill my early cravings. When I would sit and reflect on my life before I started drinking (under 16 years old) I would write down the thing I remembered that I really enjoyed. When a craving would hit I would go to my list, pick an activity and go do it just like I did when I was 12 or 13. It gave me great perspective on how life was before alcohol and reiforced the thought that it could be like that again. The key was to focus on reconstucting the fond memory instead of focusing on doing it without alcohol. Sort of a reinactment. I hope this post fits here.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning! Another sober weekend to relax and get some stuff done. I'm waiting for it to get a lil light out so I can take my dog to the park to play soccer. She loves jumping in the air and catching the ball. I've been spending th past sober weekends just at home and stuff which is fine with me. I've noticed the group of people I used to hang with are only concerned about one thing.. To not run out of booze. Today I finally woke up without a headache! Woohoo. The past week of headaches was starting to really bug me.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

WOW, I woke up without a hangover on a Saturday. I am so happy, for a second I had to think did I drink last night. No I didn't, and had a nice evening just watching a tv with the wife. I think today I will make Apple Crisp and Mac and Cheese with my toddler. It is going to be a rainy weekend in New England. I have even made plans to hang out with a non-drinking friend to watch the Patriots game tomorrow. I am loving this life, no regrets and not wasting money on booze. Have a Blessed day friends, if anyone needs to chat PM me.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimuk View Post
Morning all, welcome to everyone joining the class :-)

Off to move my parents today, so catch up later. Have a fantastic Sober Saturday, love to you all.

Day 28. I forgot life could be this good. For those struggling push on, its a tough road but but worth it. X
Have a blessed day Jimuk, sobriety is great. God Bless
Old 09-29-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Eating breakfast with my children. My wife went to get breakfast for the wedding party and I am sober. Feels great to wake up like this!*
Today i have a wedding to go to. It will be one of the biggest weddings in this small(ish) town. Lots of alcohol and all of my drinking buddy's. I feel like I will get through it find because I had a better opportunity to drink last night at the rehearsal dinner and (more specifically) after the rehearsal dinner.*
I am proud of myself for being strong last night. I truly think I would have caved if not for my friends on this board. Thanks all....
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi

Hope you don't mind me popping in for a minute.

WWG, it's wonderful to see you posting now and sounding so much more focused and positive, and it's also wonderful to see you supporting others now. Your posts have changed so much since you first joined, you sound like a different person.

Just wanted you know how happy I am for you.

Big hugs

Gxx