Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Made the podium today!! 8 days sober!

I have been feeling pretty good. Had some close calls, but was able to work through them. It's hard being off work. I can't wait to go back so I am busy.

About the dreams, I have had a couple dreams where I drank in them. I woke up and felt bad, but realized I was only dreaming. When I quit smoking pot I had the same kind of weird, vivid dreams. I think it has something to do with the fact that we are actually sleeping, and not passing out. Our brains are still functioning at a high level, and when we are trying to work though recovery, it's on our minds a lot. That carries over into our sleep. I am just talking out of my hat here, but it sounds logical to me.

Hope everyone had a safe and sober weekend!! Good luck through the rest of the week!

Thanks again you guys for being here. It's a tremendous help!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
I love this place.

I'm back. I haven't been here since last year.

Day 8....again. Day 8 is further than I have been in a year. Gotta stay strong and I know if I were to come here you all would be a great support. 2 days until anniversary of accident. 2 yrs, doesn't seem any easier!

I want to face it sober, and the rest of my life.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Vivid dreams

Just a thought are the dreams abnormally vivid or since we are usually drunk when we go to sleep we don't dream, or we don't recall our dreams when we wake?

AND after a while we get use to dreaming and the novelty goes away.

Just wondering.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

not sure of the science behind it but yeah vivid dreams are common parkec.
They'll get less and less in frequency and intensity

D
Old 10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Well, after great debate for the last three days my husband is insisting that I don't bail on my weekly meditation class. A week ago today was what brought our relationship to a head. To me it seems like it was months ago yet it all still feels so raw.

He's begged me to go so he can prove he won't drink tonight and will be awake when I get home to ask how my class went. It's been 7 days sober for him - the first in over six years. Deep down I really don't want to go but I have to reach out and show that I can begin to trust him again.

So here it goes...will see what happens when I get home in a few hours.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Cruising thru day 13! Got my babies and my wife for the next couple nights. We are about to go for a walk during the sunset. We talked and my wife is changing the legal stuff back to stop the child support thing so thats a huge relief! We are doing well. I'm gonna make dinner when we get back. I have my family back :-) hope you guys are enjoying a sober night!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class gr8ful4today!

Enjoy the family time lefthook!

Lifewithoutbooz hope you enjoy the meditation class!

Today has flown by. Waiting for it to cool down a bit to walk my dog down at the beach. Maybe in another hr or so.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

What a great feeling huh Lefthook! I am thankfull for my sobriety tonight because when I got home my poor wife was at her witts end with the Kids and needed my help. There have been so many times a day like this would end in me begging her to forgive me for loosing my cool and blowing up. In the past I would sit outside on the deck and suck down about six beers in about an hour and then realize she needs help. I was too into my beer to stop and help in time to prevent the explosion. I would be at about a twelver by the time I was burning whatever we were supposed to eat, shouting at the kid (I got sober the first time in June of 2011 a month before my son was born) and my wife would be in shambles trying to hold on. For the last 14 months I have been able to be the man I am supposed to be for them to the best of my ability. When the kids are climbing into bed and the house is quiet, when the night went as well as possable without a bunch of crying and yelling I realize how precious sobriety is too my entire family. I am thankfull that when I am sober I don't get stuck on and obsess over every little thing that is going wrong. I get up, get going and do something to make the situation better. In many things in life and in many ways it is true for my sobriety to remember "If I am not part of the solution I AM part of the problem." I choose to be part of the solution and be sober in order to see it through.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Well, after great debate for the last three days my husband is insisting that I don't bail on my weekly meditation class. A week ago today was what brought our relationship to a head. To me it seems like it was months ago yet it all still feels so raw.

He's begged me to go so he can prove he won't drink tonight and will be awake when I get home to ask how my class went. It's been 7 days sober for him - the first in over six years. Deep down I really don't want to go but I have to reach out and show that I can begin to trust him again.

So here it goes...will see what happens when I get home in a few hours.
Good luck; be brave. *hugs* Sending good thoughts your way.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hello to you all.

I'm here, sober, and doing well. I've found I need to be more involved in my "real life" recovery options rather than just depending on the internet. I'm not taking anything away from this amazing sight and amazing group of people, but I got too dependent on it and wasn't seeking options in my day to day reality that are crucial to staying sober on a day to day basis.

So...love you all and hope everyone is being strong in their recoveries. It was a beautiful month of September with you all and I'm grateful to all of you! You got me started on the journey and supported me in some of my weakest moments along the way. Here's to the strength continuing for all of us...Life is too precious to spend in a blur!

Love you!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good for you DeepBreath. We're here when you need us, but everyone needs some analog support as well.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thanks GW!

Yes, I won't be gone forever but I need to 'step away from the web' and engage in sober living in my world.

XO. you're all in my prayers
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Site, not sight lol
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Good luck DB - We'll miss you!

Tonight was great! My class was really good and I got home to find my husband awake AND sober and interested in my class. He even cleaned up the backyard and organized a bunch of stuff in our storage room. We've come a long way in such a short time but I know the road is still long.

Sleep tight everyone and have a sober and peaceful day tmw.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope22 View Post
yes I'm still having them too, strange vivid dreams. Does anyone know how long these usually last?
Do you think we always had them, but now we are clearer and cleaner? So we are more aware of them? I love it knowing that each night is going to be beautiful. Even if I cannot sleep, feeling tired and feeling hungover are two separate conditions; one generated by too much distinct thought and the other born with complete indulgence!

Either way the feelings I am having at the moment from abstaining from alcohol for three-ish months are rare for my psyche - and truly I must never forget how great life could be? And will be!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

My dreams have been wired, I had one where I was covered in spiders and another the next night about being attacked by scorpions. Quite scary, although last night was a good night.

Welcome gr8ful42day :-)

Take care DB2012, pop back in to say hello :-) x

Have a great day everyone X
Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes DB - remember, tho, the door here swings both ways

D
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Day 10, I am feeling good. I have moments where I would love a drink, but also know how far I have come and cannot throw that away. Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. I am taking my daughter on a Daddy/Daughter road trip to see my parents in VT. My whole family will be there sisters/brother in laws etc. No one knows that I stopped drinking.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Wow! Having trouble keep track of the days... I better write my quit date down - 9/24/12. DAY 9!

Welcome back Grateful42day! I have you on my friend list from when we were in another class!

I'm sticking with this class for good! So hopefully everyone else stays strong and with me!

If I didn't drink yesterday, I don't think I'll ever drink again. One of my teenagers who is almost 18 was a completely rude, disrespectful jerk to me as he has been for months. I was so angry. Told my husband to draw the line with this kid, we're only hurting him by putting up with his crap and letting him be a jerk... I almost feel like I was meant to get sober and stronger for what's to come in the next few months with him....