Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Goodnight! Let's all look forward to a sober October, whether we are on day 1 or day 30. And thank you, Dee, for all your support!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Heres to month 2 guys

D
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Dee: thanks for being on this journey with all of us! You're a HUGE source of motivation and encouragement!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Yeah dee your words of encouragement have helped me out tremendously in this short amount of time on the battlefield. You're awesome. And very dedicated. I feel like I don't know anything about you tho...? Perhaps one day you can tell us your story?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So my wifes birthday is on Wednesday. We originally had plans for me to make her dinner but she decided she wants to go to her grandmas and have her mom, dad, etc go. And me. Her family is pretty angry with me right now. And I'm extremely uncomfortable with going. I have bad enough social anxiety as it is, throw a REASON for it on top of it and its unbearable. I have a strong urge to get a bottle of vodka before I go so I can be more relaxed.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

So is our class going to be dead now that the freshman have moved in
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Lefthook, dee's story can be found in the stories of recovery thread. It is quite inspiring.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm somewhere on this page LH (and other interested parties) I can recommend that whole forum for inspiration

Stories of Recovery - Page 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

...and I wouldn't start pronouncing the Last Rites on this group just yet drift...LOL

D
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I found it on my own I just had to search a little. Dee your story is incredible. I'm kinda speechless right now. I want what you have gained.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you can get it too LH

D
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I neverwent into that section of the site before I usually just read posts from newcomers. These stories are so powerful.

Dee what instrument did you play?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

I usually played bass professionally LH...I fool around on the guitar mostly these days tho

D
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Morning all, podium Monday, yay, hope you're all standing proud today.

Welcome to the newcomers.

Day 30

Catch up later.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hey everyone...

Found our new home. Well... made it through the weekend and actually had a really relaxing time, so here I am on Monday morning and have reached 14 days. Thank everyone for your stories and company, I don't always post, but reading what you are saying really helps.

Figgy... you still around honey? I'm thinking about you. Hope you're doing OK.

And the rest of you... WWG, LWB, LH... and others... you all seem to be dealing with so much as well as this. I can't tell you how strong I think you all are.

Have a good week...

IWF
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi, it's Monday, it took me ages to read all the posts, I'm searching for the podium?

I tried not to think of drinking, avoiding places that I used to go in to have a skin full - it was easy to a point, I kept myself busy. Some guy said I look like Ron Swanson so I checked Mr Swanson on the internet - I was shocked - he looked like a drinker - same bloated face I guess - so I need to reverse 20 years of drinking? It's going to be hard, but who said life was going to be easy?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Today is day nine, and I am really proud of myself. I am so excited to join all of you on the Podium. Great job IWantFree, Lefthook, Jimuk, Sobersunshine and all the others that I cannot remember this early. I feel like I am getting my life back, and getting over the regrets of my previous booze filled life. My wife is so proud, and I appreciate my toddler’s smile even more now. I hope and pray that this forum stays active as I need all of you support and prayers. God Bless and have a great week.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Aschlog- I believe we are on the podium. Monday is podium day. Glad your here!

Is that right Dee? I'm not exactly sure what the podium is myself, but I'm here and it's day 30 for me,

Congrats Jimuk!7

LeftHook- My sponsor has to remind me on a regular basis, "Stay in the moment" ... "One day at a time"...She has said it so much that I find myself repeating those words whenever a situation comes up that I know I have to deal with, tommorow or the next day or next week, etc... We have enough to take care of today without having to plan on tommorow. So "Stay in the moment", tommorow will come soon enough. Each day we make it through sober we are strengthened.
(You may find yourself surprised at how well you'll do when you do go to her Grandma's")
Best wishes to you...BTW, You are doing wonderful!

I want free- Congrats on 14 days!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

WWG- So Proud of you!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyFlower View Post
WWG- So Proud of you!
Thank you so much. I am seeing that I can do this, and you and others have inspired me. This is one great class of September 2012, and I hope it stays active.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I'm standing at the Podium! DAY 8 for me! First time staying with a class for the second month too!

Before I would think that I wished I didn't have to be the one with the drinking problem but now I think everyone else has a drinking problem and they are just hiding it or if they keep drinking they will have a problem eventually too. I don't feel like an outsider, I feel smarter.

We are smarter than so many others to be here and to even be trying to change! Feel proud and let's keep this group strong for many more months!