Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Telco View Post
Day 6 and still feeling weird. My sleeping pattern is still messed up, but it feels good to sleep, and not pass out. I have been REALLY hungry lately. Eating all kinds of stuff. Some of it healthy, others way on the other side of the spectrum. I guess so long as it keeps me from thinking about drinking.

I worked today, so that kept me from drinking, but I have the next 8 days off, and need to keep busy so I don't get complacent, and talk myself back into a drink. I hope I can keep this going. I am looking forward to standing on the podium Monday. I am crossing my fingers.
You can make it! My sleep pattern is screwed too, I guess that's normal.... and I actually don't ever feel hungry anymore on the flipside. I have to force myself to eat.

Good work!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 and the urge is constant. I am scared, and worried I will screw this up.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome parkec - welcome back to you too Avra

WWG the only way you'll screw up is if you let yourself do that...so don't.
Remember noone ever woke up in the morning relieved that they drank the night before.

Some days are minute to minute..it's tough, but you can do this

D
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm here...unsupervised (that sounds so ridiculous but y'all know what I mean) and I'm sober. I will remain so. Used a few tricks so far:

1) my "do you want the flu tomorrow?" trick. Answer: nope
2) with my husband out of town tonight, I must remain sober in case one of my doggies has an emergency and I have to drive
3) lots and lots of green tea

All working so far and it is already 7pm. Since I was never a late night drinker (I preferred my buzz in the morning and afternoons) I am carefully confident I will make it. BTW - there is not a drop of alcohol in my home. I never kept booze here so that wasn't and is not a temptation. I used to go out to the liquor store and smuggle my bottles into the house and hide them - looking back with clear eyes now, wtf was I thinking and did I actually think I was fooling anyone??? So absurd in hindsight...but it seemed so normal and brilliant at the time.

Anyway, turning on the TV and settling in until time for sleep. I'm happy and proud
Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I've eaten four donuts today. Think I might have to take a look at a healthy eating plan!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Telco - I'm on day 6 too. Yeah I'm having trouble sleeping as well. I sleep for maybe 4 hours then wake up. I keep telling my self it will pass, and every day I know I am one day closer to getting back to sleeping better. It stinks

WWG - please hang in there. I know what you mean my cravings are pretty strong today as well. I'm trying to write a paper, and all I can think of is maybe having a glass of wine will help. Gurr - no no no.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Not easy, but you people of September are getting me through the cravings. My wife keeps saying it is my choice, but can only have 3. She thinks I can moderate, not likely.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've already proved to yourself that you can't do that WWG.
Others may not understand, but you, and we, do.

D
Old 09-29-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Elihoping: four donuts is better than one drink! The healthy eating will come in time - don't worry too much about it right this minute. Today I had chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone.

Dipped in chocolate...

And rolled in nuts...

Life's too short to count EVERY calorie. Plus think of all the calories we're saving up by not drinking! OK, have to go loosen my belt now
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Elihoping: four donuts is better than one drink! The healthy eating will come in time - don't worry too much about it right this minute. Today I had chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone.

Dipped in chocolate...

And rolled in nuts...

Life's too short to count EVERY calorie. Plus think of all the calories we're saving up by not drinking! OK, have to go loosen my belt now
Now I want icecream!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Didn't drink!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I really have to watch my diet. The control freak in me has taken over and I've been keeping my calories down below 1,000, without even realizing it until yesterday when I finally started a food journal and added them up. Today I felt horrrrrible. Shaky and weak and ill. I ate more but it's still hard. Going to nip this in the bud before it replaces the demon I just kicked out of the bell tower. ><
Old 09-29-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

WWG:

I want to see you at the podium on Monday...you can do it, you just have to keep fighting!

:bounce
Old 09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elihoping View Post
I've eaten four donuts today. Think I might have to take a look at a healthy eating plan!
"Donuts the perfect food" Homer Simpson
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Dipped in chocolate...

And rolled in nuts...

Yup I totally agree. Since I quit drinking, I've pretty much allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted. I've lost a little weight (a pound or two) nonetheless. I promised myself I would get to at least 30 days, maybe even 60, of nondrinking before I attempted to make any other health-related changes to my life.

Had a lovely dinner tonight with my in-laws and husband, and then we went to watch fireworks on the beach. The beach was where I really noticed a difference from my prior behavior as a drinking person. In the past, I'm sure I would have been grouchy and not really paying attention, just waiting until I could get home again and pour another beer or glass of wine. Instead I had a lovely talk with my MIL, and actually felt like I spent some quality time with my family because I wasn't anesthetizing myself to get through it.

I'm heading to bed now. I'm still pretty tired after the overnight last night, even though I slept most of the afternoon. Going to read, and then enjoy yet another lovely night of peaceful, sober sleep. I think I appreciate it most of all on the weekends, since they never used to be like that.

Day 22 done. Have a good night all.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by 8thPhoenix View Post
I really have to watch my diet. The control freak in me has taken over and I've been keeping my calories down below 1,000, without even realizing it until yesterday when I finally started a food journal and added them up. Today I felt horrrrrible. Shaky and weak and ill. I ate more but it's still hard. Going to nip this in the bud before it replaces the demon I just kicked out of the bell tower. ><
WAY too low Phoenix! Think about how many calories you were drinking per day - you're cutting your diet by that much already. Your body will start rebelling (shakes, nausea, weakness). I went through the same thing. I'm doing 1200 calories/day but when I bump it up to 1400 I feel better. Don't focus so much on how many calories you're taking in right now but do listen to your body. It's struggling w/o the booze as it is. If it's a struggle to eat, what about shakes like Boost or Ensure?

Feel better.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Everyone behaving themselves tonight?

I dug my old video games out of the closet. Good times.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

WAY too low Phoenix! Think about how many calories you were drinking per day - you're cutting your diet by that much already. Your body will start rebelling (shakes, nausea, weakness). I went through the same thing. I'm doing 1200 calories/day but when I bump it up to 1400 I feel better. Don't focus so much on how many calories you're taking in right now but do listen to your body. It's struggling w/o the booze as it is. If it's a struggle to eat, what about shakes like Boost or Ensure?

Feel better.
Thanks life; yeah, I had about 1350 today, including some lean steak for dinner. I walked around freaking out at how full I felt for a little while, but I feel pretty good now.

Earlier today my legs felt like noodles and my left hand (why just the left? dunno) was trembling really bad. Soooo not cool.

I'm keeping the food journal going so I'll be able to get enough nutrition in before it's too late in the night for me to feel good about eating.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by driftapart View Post
Everyone behaving themselves tonight?

I dug my old video games out of the closet. Good times.
heck yeah! I dug out my Wii and Muramasa and Okami games - was always too blitzed to really have a go at them. Now there's all this available free time, heh.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 8thPhoenix View Post
was always too blitzed to really have a go at them. Now there's all this available free time, heh.
Exactly haha. I'm excited to get back into it!

Gonna look for a new puppy tomorrow afternoon, since I'm able to be a responsible parent now.