Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

just a reminder...

in a few days the 'Class of September' will move to the Daily Support Forum

this is so the new class of October (for all those starting their journey in October) can begin here in Newcomers...

Nothing else will change tho - this thread (and the people in it) will continue on and on...

D
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm joining the class of September. Better late than never right? LOL I've been sober 1 week and it feels good. Good luck to everyone else that quit this month. We can do this!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Welcome ca3726!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! Glad to be here.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to have you here ca

D
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Well, it's been four days since that whole 'fiasco' with my husband on Monday. Now that his drinking is out in the open (well, at least with one other person outside of us) he's been totally fine with not drinking. No crankiness, short fuse, nothing. The last four evenings have been really nice - no falling asleep on the sofa, no not remembering any nasty things he said. I love it.

Sleep well everyone.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Although I will have great fondness for the class of September, I think I will need more than the single day I posted here to stay recovered. I guess I'll straddle two months to reach my 30 days.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Made it thru day 10 despite some extremely hard things im going thru. I got a letter from child support agency today, they are opening a case on me. Not my wifes doing. Apparently she changed some legal stuff when she moved out and the government saw we are separated and opened the case. She said she can stop it by going in and telling them she fears for her life if they come after me for child support. That's the only way? I've never hit a woman in my life or planned violence. So I don't know if when she says that cops will start following me or I will be red flagged in the system or something? What a nightmare. And to top it off she didn't tell me about it I found out thru a letter in the mail. We are suppose to be starting over and building trust and being completely open with each other. She said she didn't want to tell me because she wanted to save me the worry and go handle it herself. But that's not being open and honest to me. It hasn't even been a week since we got back together. And she keeps pushing me away. We have backpeddled since we started getting back together. I'm hurt and confused. I want to just ignore her and let her heal but she gets mad that I'm "ignoring her". Definitely strongest cravings yet. But I know alcohol just makes it worse and its not worth it. I need to feel these emotions...right?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just joined Sober Recovery last night. I see that I am in the class of September. My last drink was on Sept 3. I did this back in February and lasted 23 days. Tonight is day #25 so I have surpassed that! Glad to be here.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too Quirkpod

D
Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
Made it thru day 10 despite some extremely hard things im going thru. I got a letter from child support agency today, they are opening a case on me. Not my wifes doing. Apparently she changed some legal stuff when she moved out and the government saw we are separated and opened the case. She said she can stop it by going in and telling them she fears for her life if they come after me for child support. That's the only way? I've never hit a woman in my life or planned violence. So I don't know if when she says that cops will start following me or I will be red flagged in the system or something? What a nightmare. And to top it off she didn't tell me about it I found out thru a letter in the mail. We are suppose to be starting over and building trust and being completely open with each other. She said she didn't want to tell me because she wanted to save me the worry and go handle it herself. But that's not being open and honest to me. It hasn't even been a week since we got back together. And she keeps pushing me away. We have backpeddled since we started getting back together. I'm hurt and confused. I want to just ignore her and let her heal but she gets mad that I'm "ignoring her". Definitely strongest cravings yet. But I know alcohol just makes it worse and its not worth it. I need to feel these emotions...right?
I don't think it's a good idea for her to insinuate that you are abusive. Tell her not to do that, man.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about that stuff lefthook but I hope you and your wife can get some advice and work it out.

You can post in the october thread too if you want GW...or just stay here...like I said before this thread will still be here, ongoing

D
Old 09-28-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

She made it sound like that's the only way to get them to stop the case. I don't know how this stuff works. I'm not even worried about cops watching me its mainly just my dignity. Like i said I have never abused or tried to abuse any woman in my life ever. That's one thing I can say i did NOT do while drinking. I've done plenty of bad things like lying and shady behavior but I have never touched a woman with violent intent.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks dee. What's gw?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Find out who you both have to talk to and talk to them, LH...I'm sure you're perfectly happy to provide child support anyway without being forced to, or branded in some way...

if your Government is like mine they won't follow up cases they don't need to

D
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah I am happy to pay it if she needs it. There is no reason to get the government involved in making me be a good father. But she says she doesn't want child support. She has refused money I offer her lately.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
She made it sound like that's the only way to get them to stop the case. I don't know how this stuff works. I'm not even worried about cops watching me its mainly just my dignity. Like i said I have never abused or tried to abuse any woman in my life ever. That's one thing I can say i did NOT do while drinking. I've done plenty of bad things like lying and shady behavior but I have never touched a woman with violent intent.
Since she's pretending like it's "out of her hands" and she doesn't want the money, she can give you the money back as soon as she gets the check in the mail.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah drift I guess I can ask her to do that. It could be a good trust exercise.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Regardless I'm still sober. That is something I can't lose focus on. I will lose all control if i hit the bottle again. This is the hardest test yet tho. So today I'm not cruising thru day 10, I have limped to the finish line. I hope god helps me have the strength to push thru tomorrow. Thanks for listening guys.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just checking in to say all is ok. I'm working overnight tonight and am on my break now, checking in from my phone! I'll post more tomorrow after I get home, get some sleep and get caught up on posts.