Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 6

Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I'm back. Again. I was here in the beginning of the month and then vanished to continue drinking. Thought I could control it. What a joke.

I hate having to come back here and admit I've failed but I have to. I have to stop drinking-I know its getting worse every time I start back up.

So, once again, I'm pouring out all my wine. I have one more bottle to go and then everything is gone.
Well, I said this was absolutely going to be the last class I join on SR, so at least I'm still holding to that since its still September.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Popping in quickly--it'll be a crazy day since I'm going out of town tomorrow for a week. These clothes aren't going to wash & pack themselves...

Welcome back, samwitch. You haven't failed anything...you're here, and that's a great thing.

Boozefree: I'm so glad you got rid of your headache. They're crazy making...

Day 28! I'm with you JimUK, sobriety feels great. I keep thinking how much lighter I feel (not in my belly, mind you. that's much heavier!). But in my mind and my heart. I'm not hiding anything, not planning drinking escapes or even cluttering my head with "should I drink? how much? when? what's my cover story?" Ugh, even typing it out feels like a burden.

Welcome to all our September newcomers. Do press on--it's so worth it. Check in here often--this is an incredibly supportive group.

That's it for now...adios!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone. Welcome to all the new folks. I made it through the first friday night in a long time without drinking. Trying to keep my self busy today. Today will be another hump I'll have to get over. Samwitch welcome back, yeah I did the same thing thought I could control it. It ended up being more work than its worth thats for sure. Lefthook sorry your going through that with your ex DB - I'm sorry your feeling down, I live alone too and it can be tough!!! especially trying to get sober.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! It feels so good to wake up with clear eyes and no headache. I had muscle twitches that kept me awake for a couple of hours when I first went to bed last night, but then I got 8 hours of uninterupted, sleeping like the dead, restful sleep. I am slowly feeling better each day and I thank each and everyone of you on SR for your strength and support, it really does make all the difference in the world. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

There are moments when it is so, so clear that I'm an alcoholic. My wife left on a trip and I was shopping. No urge to drink until right then. After shopping for dinner, I walked into the liquor store and didn't know how it was going to turn out. I ended up buying my favorite cream soda instead. It really is about riding out the wave sometimes. But then I took the kids out to dinner and walked out of the corner store with a bottle. I was very close to dumping it down the sink but somehow convinced myself it was a good idea. I was even resistant to signing on here because I knew if I shared, it would alleviate much of my desire to drink and I didn't want it to go away. I don’t really want to be in the class of October. I like September. I had an amazing week of sobriety. I want that clarity back. Okay, I’m going to write a bit.
I’m not drinking today. I may need to post the same thing every day. Thx for your support.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bulkhead View Post
There are moments when it is so, so clear that I'm an alcoholic. My wife left on a trip and I was shopping. No urge to drink until right then. After shopping for dinner, I walked into the liquor store and didn't know how it was going to turn out. I ended up buying my favorite cream soda instead. It really is about riding out the wave sometimes. But then I took the kids out to dinner and walked out of the corner store with a bottle. I was very close to dumping it down the sink but somehow convinced myself it was a good idea. I was even resistant to signing on here because I knew if I shared, it would alleviate much of my desire to drink and I didn't want it to go away. I don’t really want to be in the class of October. I like September. I had an amazing week of sobriety. I want that clarity back. Okay, I’m going to write a bit.
I’m not drinking today. I may need to post the same thing every day. Thx for your support.
Just keep trying. Every successful day you manage to grab will lead you to an eventual successful rest-of-your-life. We believe in you.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Morning all...here and sober. Heading to lunch with a friend that used to be a drinking friend. Gonna be tough but...plan to resist the urge.

Lifewithout: thanks so much for your message <3. I'll write when I'm not on the stupid phone.

Hope you all have a blessed day full of strength.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 27

I think I can do this,
and I reckon you can do it too!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Back again, day one. Horrible hangover. Dont want to do that again. Still hanging on to the sept class.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am starting to come out of the funk i have been in for a week. Starting to forgive myself for messing up last weekend.

Yesterday meeting was really nice. I felt included and met some great people. Going to go again next Friday.

There is an all gay meeting tomorrow in NYC and planning on going. Should be different.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avra View Post
Back again, day one. Horrible hangover. Dont want to do that again. Still hanging on to the sept class.
Avra--I'm hanging on too. Let's stay with September as our quit month.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I have had a busy day with my daughter, my wife had to go into the office today. My daughter and I: went to lunch, made apple crisp, just made homemade mac and cheese, cleaned the house, read comic books. My wife will be home soon, and I keep telling myself I deserve a beer. Yikes, this is not easy. On day 7.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

You deserve a lot of things WWG - a beer is not one of them tho

A beer is a gateway back to all the stuff you came to SR to stop...listen to that greater part of you that knows that

Welcome back to you Samwitch.

Yeah I had to get to a point where I was ready to rule a line under my drinking. There is no controlling it for me...ever.

I needed to accept I was done. Alcohol and I have a toxic relationship.
It's not a viable option anymore - not if I want a different, better life for myself.

I won't ask you my usual question ....but I hope you're thinking about it

D
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all, welcome newcomers and re-joiners. I just love this class! So many posts to catch up on! Just got back from work and a lovely dog walk. Feeling much better than last night. Day 25. Will try to read all posts now.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You deserve a lot of things WWG - a beer is not one of them tho

A beer is a gateway back to all the stuff you came to SR to stop...listen to that greater part of you that knows that

Welcome back to you Samwitch.

Yeah I had to get to a point where I was ready to rule a line under my drinking. There is no controlling it for me...ever.

I needed to accept I was done. Alcohol and I have a toxic relationship.
It's not a viable option anymore - not if I want a different, better life for myself.

I won't ask you my usual question ....but I hope you're thinking about it

D
Dee-thanks. I am thinking about it :-)
Old 09-29-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Welcome drybuss, great that you are here :-).

Welcome back Sandwich, its great that you are still in September class. I can't do moderation either. I could have murdered a beer earlier after moving my parents to their new home. Then I remember how bad I would feel, its certainly the first sip that gets me drunk, not the last beer or pint of Rum and Coke.

Eli, wwg, groder et al thank you for your comments and support. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Time to turn in, love to you all. :-) X
Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Time to check out for a bit...I'll be on vacation until next Sunday night and I don't know how good the web/cell connection will be. I hope to check in each day, even if I don't post.

It's a healthy trip--lots of hiking, organic food, an acupuncture treatment or two. They do have wine & beer, but I'm doing a detox plan so I'll be having lots of smoothies, veg, and fruit. I made these reservations 6 months ago, and now I'm so thrilled I have a chance to regroup and feel strong.

These four weeks of not drinking have made me feel better about myself. I want to continue that feeling, so I have every intention of staying on track. If I start to falter, I will definitely be on these boards, looking for advice & support!

Hugs to all of you, my friends. May we all stand tall together on the podium on Monday.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great time Groder

D
Old 09-29-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Day 6 and still feeling weird. My sleeping pattern is still messed up, but it feels good to sleep, and not pass out. I have been REALLY hungry lately. Eating all kinds of stuff. Some of it healthy, others way on the other side of the spectrum. I guess so long as it keeps me from thinking about drinking.

I worked today, so that kept me from drinking, but I have the next 8 days off, and need to keep busy so I don't get complacent, and talk myself back into a drink. I hope I can keep this going. I am looking forward to standing on the podium Monday. I am crossing my fingers.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

A ha.

Found you. Thanks Dee.

I flunked out of the class of April 2012 after 60+/- days. Very sad to say.

Time to get my act together, missing too much life, and harming my health.

Yesterday day 1.