Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 3

Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey DarkAsylum - Big congrats on the 1 month!

When I'm feeling a little unbalanced I find a Speaker meeting usally, but not always, offers some level of relief. Also,It might do the both of you some good to sociolize with others in recovery. Weather you go tonight or not, hang in there and stay strong.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Its a Saturday , so there is no drs in the surgery today i could call NHS 24 or the crisis team
i am on anti psychotics as well to help with voices and delusions they only help a little
My husband said we should go and he will take the Valium with him if i need it
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
JJB

Hi Just been redirected here bye Dee -thanks Dee.

I'm on Day 6 and clinging as hard as I can to join and stay in the February group.

If I can finish this post (that means if anyone is reading it) there is a good chance I'll make it through tonight (saturday night) into day 7 but if i abandon the post half way thru because I know i'm just waffling it means the addiction part of my brain has won and taken me off to buy some wine because it has somehow convinced me that it will make me feel better!

Yes it does help writing things down, I've just realized how stupid that idea is. Wine does NOT make me feel better. Thanks for being there SR.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
JJB

DA I thought you could contact a doctor at any time in UK? Sounds like you should. I'm glad you've got your husband supporting you and congratualtions for your sobriety.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

We're here for you, JJB. Stay strong and know it WILL get easier and is oh-so-worth it! No such thing as a stupid post...whatever it takes to get you past the urges! You are gaining strength every time you confront it and say no. Check in as much as needed!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hello day 18, I am exhausted, have to get ready for work, so I have to be brief, congrats to everyone on staying focused on your sobriety. One day at a time, today I commit to staying sober. I had a dream last night that I had a sip of beer, and was hiding that I took that sip and told myself that I can sip on one beer. I woke up and said to myself, hell no!! So today, I will ground myself to my commitment of sobriety.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Commitment of Sobriety, for today. I'm with you on that Faustina.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hey jjb, your amongst friends here. Welcome.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just had a funny/ embarrassing incident! The wee girl I look after got hold of my mobile and before I realised she had managed to call my alcohol counsellor! Don't know if he picked up or she just left him a garbled message but I'm sure he must think I've either fallen off the wagon or gone mad and am talking gibberish!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
JJB

Thanks for making me laugh kam!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Lol! she was playing mummies and daddies with her dolls at the same time so she prob told him he was a bad girl and would have to go to bed! She phoned my mum and told her something along those lines last weekend! Will be a fun one to explain to him on Tues!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi All, Congratulations to everyones recent successes. I am so glad I have this to come to get inspired whenever I can't inspire myself. You guys are so strong it anazes me.

Today I again realized how much I used alcohol to make the mundane chores of life seem less pleasant. Is there anything besides go to work and driving that I did NOT do without alcohol, or without having imbibed within 24 hours? Did I really used to drink while I cleaned the bathroom?

Also I find I still run down the field into the future with whatever mood and thoughts Im having that last longer then I want... Like a child.

Today I have been telling myself: These thoughts and feelings are temporary. Cravings are temporary. This is the shape today has taken. Tomorrow will be a different shape. Stay with the moment. I say this but today it doesnt stick at all for more than a few seconds. Lol.

The thoughts that Ive been pushing down by drinking are clearly ones I didnt want to experience or.move through, anymore than I want to experience them now. But, I guess I really didnt let myself experience them very deeply before...

It turned out to be a really pretty day here and Ive been cleaning up my porch and deck and flowepots. And I just decided to go ahead and let the dog have his fun in the big muddy yard today. He now has chocolate dipped paws on his white legs.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Well after trying a background of folk music this afternoon to help me relax while I did some chores, (alcohol no longer being assigned to the job) I realized it was just making me feel more agitated.... But I just finally hit the spot with some Blues Travelers music. Why don't I start where I am? Lol
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

DA congrats on the 30!

Welcome JJB!

EQ you are right, cravings are temporary and that is something I try to remind myself when they hit.

I got up early and hit the dog park then went and saw my little cousins basket ball game. This afternoon I went to a record store I've been wanting to go to and bought some records. I want to get a vinyl collection going. Still need a record player to play them though.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Thank you everyone ...feeling really good today but i just woke up things may change ... but right now i feel good
Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Cool Good Morning All;

Sitting here enjoying a peaceful Sunday morning and thinking about going to the library after breakfast. Cats are sunning themselves on the balcony, daughters waking up and things are generally as they should be.

Was wondering last night, is it me or have a few of our fellow classmates gone MIA?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!

It is day 25, & I wanted to tell the folks who have been struggling with insomnia that it gets better! I can now fall asleep before eleven if I want, and before I couldnt sleep before midnight, and I'd wake up an hour out anyway.

Even on the nights that I wake up for long periods, my sleep is still more restful. And last week, I had 2 dreams in which at the dreams' end, I suddenly step out of character, and change the direction things are taking, and comment on the roles we are playing. I don't know I'm dreaming. It is like a Director calls "cut!" and we all step out of our prescribed roles....

Yes, I am one of those with a prolific, imaginative and wacky dream life. But I've never had dreams like these. I can't help but hope it portends positive inner change and detachment. Ha! And if not, it is still pretty cool.

What is something you guys are grateful for today? So far, mine is: On the sunny side of the house this morning, I spied a whole row of daffodil blooms in various shades of yellow, with pops of purple crocus scattered between. Spring where I live is always so reassuring when it comes.

I don't know about you guys, but boy, these 25 days of mine, seem more like 3 & 1/2 months, not 3 & 1/2 weeks. Probably because there is so much more time without drinking, and I am becoming more productive, and I want it go by fast, so of course, it goes by sloooow...

How is everyone else's weekend going?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hi JD sounds like a lovely way to spend the morning. I mucked out the neighbours horses then went on a long cycle this morning. Have so much energy these days it's unreal! Think it's def seemed quieter on here the last week or so. Hope everyone's doing ok.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hey EQ. Am grateful for living in such gorgeous countryside (remind me I said that when I next moan that the weather in Scotland sucks and I live in the middle of nowhere where there's nothing to do!) On days like today when the sun's shining it's so nice not to live in a city! Have been having very odd and vivid dreams since I stopped drinking, Yours do sound cool! Mine are still more along the lines of dreaming about trying to sneak out/ buy booze on the sly (I guess I've still got a lot of guilt after doing this for so long) but the good thing is I never actually drink in the dreams and I've never woken up thinking I really want a drink after that.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

It' a beautiful sunny day here in St. Louis, inside and out. Yesterday I went crazy cleaning and reorganizing the house. My downstairs has been restored to it's former glory plus a few extras. Still needs paint but I am enjoying sitting in the house drinking coffee and figuring out what to clean today! Haha! I think I might take a break from house work today.

I think my husband is only working half the day today so we can get out of here and do something together for once with my daughter. That's pretty cool. It doesn't happen very often. So glad we have a trip to TN planned for April so we can have some quiet family time.

5th sober weekend and every one is better than the one before. I am more and more productive and ever weekend. My husband said I need to find a hobby so I have something to do once the whole house is re-organized. I think cleaing our basement will probably keep me busy for 6 months. LOL.

Cravings are pretty minimal these days. Friday afternoons are the worst. For some reason on Friday nights I have no motivation to do anything so it's hard to shake the craving if I'm just sitting here. I suppose I have to have some down time every once in a while though, right? And I will need to learn how to relax and not drink. I'm a little high-strung lately. I don't really stop moving very often.

I'm off to get some laundry done! Happy Sunday!