Class of March 2011 Part 14

Continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-22.html

thanks guys

D
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad to see ya, Dee. Should we start a new thread?

Anyway...I just want to say HAPPY YEAR to Dave today...I'm gonna try to stay off here the rest of the week and get some work done.

Take care!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Editor

bow chicka wow wow!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I moved your post Lofty - sorry Dave LOL

D
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Now I wake up asking myself whether there is anything I can't do. Nothing comes easy in life - but now I have all this time on my hands, if I choose to do something and I work at it, then I can achieve anything. We all can. The road is still long, and I have a long way still to go but I know where I need to go and I'm going there."

Wow, what an amazing share TotoBidule. These words above inspire me like a light ahead of me that I'm moving forwards. Please keep shining and living! Be well and check in whenever you like. Congrats and best of luck with your move to Paris.

PBC, I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your friend. How tragic. Be good to yourself tonight XOXOX

See ya after you get some work done Lofty! Ka-RACK that Whip! Go earn some money!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Caught up

congratulations Dave and TotoBidule

I'm sorry for your loss PBC - hugs

D
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I looked her up to see how old she was, and would you believe that today would have been her 48th birthday? That, along with her psychological issues that included manic depressive plus several other things (it seems like schitzophrenia was in there), makes me worry that her death may not have been from natural causes.

Nice to meet you, Toto! Very inspiring story.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, Toto! Glad you found us and shared what's going on with you. Glad to hear things are going so well.

Really sorry to hear about your friend, pbc. Very sad..waaaay too young.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Dee!

(Nice Devo reference, frances. )
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Editor

Its cool Dee. I will remember this for the next year.....well I was almost first to post on my favorite thread at the doorstep of my first year anniversary.....but it was not to be......
See you guys in the morning...except you Lofty. Time to bring home the bacon!
I am going to try to ween myself off of the thread over the next year.....not totally leave...just ease up a little. I live here as you all know.
Good night on this side of the world
Good day to you guys on the other.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Aw, I like that we post a lot. I mean not if it's detrimental to anybody of course, but it's nice we've stayed close and don't go weeks without checking in. For me, posting here isn't all about 'recovery' at this point, but as much about being in touch with people who are fun and cool and caring and who understand me in ways others don't. Thanks everybody!
Nite all!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like seeing at least one thread stick together longterm

D
Old 03-08-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

(My only planned post for the day)...

HAPPY 1 YEAR SOBER, SUPERDAVE!!!!

a YEAR has flown,
as Dave has grown,
his wit is intact,
his life...not an act,
the love in his heart,
expressed as an art,
given up freely,
because his new dealy,
is livin' life clean,
not surly or mean,
and booze is no more,
makin' him sore.

His friends on SR,
both near and afar,
now know him quite dearly,
and feel quite nearly
as family can feel,
cause that's Dave's new deal.

We love ya, brother.

Have an awesome day on this 1st birthday of the rest of your life.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SMILIES EVERYONE SMILIES!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Editor

Lofty You made me cry Brother.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Editor

So.....God took me on the most wonderful walk through my dreams last night. I saw several people of importance from my life. I shared my year and how my love of life has grown. Most importantly....I visited an old roommate. God paired me up with him many years ago....he knew what road I was heading down....You see Steve Henley was 10 years my senior...a recovering alcoholic and coke/anything he could get his hands on-His words- He had lost everything. His last outing as a drinker ended up flipping his toyota truck in a ditch and he was put in recovery. When we were roommates he was 33 and I was 23. He was active, social, and shared his experiences with me and others in our group. I use to think how cool is it that he does not drink anymore and still hangs out with us ----actually back then I use to think why not have just one.....I think he was not hanging out for nothing...he was watching out for us. Steve was a little pompous and outspoken. Yet smart and calculating. He never told me Bubba.... you need to quit drinking. Though I think that he wanted to on many occasions.
I say God put him with me then to learn...I did not know it at the time, but it stuck. I did not go the AA route....Although I have always had a sponsor....Steve Henley. He taught me many things by just being Steve. He let me make mistakes and offered support and care. I can only imagine how frustrating it was to see someone destroy themselves on a daily basis.... after you had seen the light.
So here is to you Bubba...where ever you are now.A hot cup of Joe and smoke em if ya got em.

Wow....I didnt got to bed thinking tomorrow is my one year mark, yet my dreams were filled with recovery. Thank you God and thankyou my SR family. I cannot tell you how much you mean to me. God bless each and everyone of you. It takes a village to raise an idiot and I appreciate all of your efforts. You done good.

As for me weening off SR. I posted that because I still have paranoid issues on occasion and I know that I go overboard posting on many days. I dont want to clutter up the board with my dribble. I am not leaving and I am not stopping posting. You are not getting rid of me that easily. I have about 40 years left in me.

I Love you all
Dave
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I agree with Mirage and Dee -- let's keep this thread going as long as we all have breath! You all are so so so precious to me. I can't wait to get up in the morning and check in with you all, read your silliness and your wisdom, your poetry and your dreams, your lives and your inspiration. I love you all -- I really do. Losing any one of you would be a tragedy.

One day, wouldn't it be wonderful to all meet? We could block out a group of hotel rooms in some amazing city and spend a weekend together. I'd love that.

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, DAVE!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoooooooooooooo!!!!! **throws confetti and cupcakes and dons party hat while dancing the macarena** I'm so happy for you!!!

Lofty, you practically made ME cry with your poem, too! NICE.

Frances, what's up in your workout world lately? I really should go to the gym this morning. I have time. I have no excuse. Will I? I doubt it. It feels kinda good to have a couple hours to relax, actually, even though I haven't made it all week. I have worked long hours every day, though. Perhaps tomorrow. I'll probably use a bit of time this morning to catch up on some housecleaning that's been neglected this week.

Tina, I just thought of another music thing, as I was listening to my daughter play her music: Phantom of the Opera. LOVE it.

Dee, how are you feeling today? Any better? Is it just a cold/flu thing?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Roooooooooosiiiiiiieeeee! Where aaaaaaarrrreeeeeee yooooouuuu?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

And Aaaauuuuuuuussssssiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee! Yooooooouuuuuuu tooooooooooo!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I vote we meet in Australia and/or New Zealand in March, 2016! Okay...now I'm really gonna get off here (until I check in again). Where's my self-discipline?!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Aw, reading these posts were such a great way to start the day! Happy year again, Dave!! I'll get it right next year, I promise. Cool story about Steve. I wish there were a way for you to find him. He'd be sooo proud and happy for you.

Yay for not weaning!! That idea made me sad. Dont be paranoid about posting too much..you don't..no one does. We're safe here to do and say whatever we want, and I like it like that. I'll meet whenever and wherever!

I'm half inclined to go back to bed, but I guess I won't, as I did yesterday. (Boy, that feels good, tho.) Strong winds and rain kept waking me, and I had some bummer dreams. Usually the dh gets up with Tony and gets him off to school, but he's out of town this week, so I wake up at like 5:30 and lay there making sure he gets up and out ok. It's so dark out right now still. Warm, but it'll cool down during the day. Now that you're abreast of the weather in Detroit, you can all go about your days.