Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 3

Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Help. I.just forced myself to.call Dad. Talked for 40 mins.. The.last ten.mins he.told.me.about.this.matchmaking.internet site (.that he says contacted.him) that he.now visits daily. He told.me about.what all the different women are saying. I.know this is.ok for him to do. But.it jars me. I would rather he not tell.me. I hung up shaking. I just have to vent this. Thank God I do.not drink. I would use this as justification to drink the.night away.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. It helps just to bring up the fact that I have all this stuff to deal with, and that I want to deal with it so I can live a fuller life. Even if I don't, though, if all I can accomplish is to not drink, my life is still going to be better than it was when I was not dealing with the issues and drinking. I see the not drinking as a starting point that I want to build on, and thinking practically, I fear that trying to do too much too soon will backfire on me.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Eternal- Are you afraid your dad is going to get in trouble with someone he meets online, or do you just find the situation generally uncomfortable?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

We interred her ashes Christmas week. I am not ready to hear this from him. He needs to confide in someone else.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry EQ - is there a nice way to let your Dad know that?

I wouldn't want my Dad talking about that stuff with me - ever....

D
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
We interred her ashes Christmas week. I am not ready to hear this from him. He needs to confide in someone else.
Very sorry to hear that.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. What should have been a decent day was raw. Everything sober is so different especially in relationships. Just another sober day I guess, which means truly feeling my feelings all day and knowing that there is nowhere to run. I seem to have lost my capacity to set my feelings aside. Feeling them as they arise is horribly inconvenient, isnt it? LOL

Living life on life's terms now. Filming live.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Keep on, Eternal. I know what you mean about feeling like there's nowhere to run. Alcohol is such an easy out, until you wake up feeling worse than ever.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better after a nights sleep EQ

D
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Cool

Mornig guys...
Was following this thread last night but was too tired to jump in.

Olympia...it's been said that "If it doesn't hurt, it aint recovery" That makes me wary as well. I've only gone so far in the steps, till the pain and discomfort start to appear, then I stop. That has to change with me if I'm to expect any sort of long term sobriety. I've also felt at times that AA can be countproductive by keeping alcohol and recovery first and foremost in my head. Always thinking about it. Round and round. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I get what you're saying...for me, biggest draw with AA is the Fellowship...sober friends.

EQ...it must be hard. Raw...I've used that very same word.

Everyone else...keep on rockin in the free world!

Oh yeah, LAST DAY OF CLASS. Wonder if we'll get grad photos?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Morning Guys,

Time to bring home the bacon.

JD: I am proud of you for getting thru it all this week.

Oly: I too only find some of AA helpful, and I do not identify with attending. That is why Ive looked at lots of other methods. The point is, you have to start where you are. No one knows that place better than you. If fear pops up, then fear is the next knot you will unravel. You will know in your heart when to breath and when to move as long as you don't drink. Thats my personal opinion.

Dee: Where will Floyd time travel to today?

Later gators.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Well part 1 is in the can and I hate to say it, but I didn't learn anything I didn't know already. Which is fine, half expected it. Phase 2 starts next tuesday with Frankie...1 one 1 planning and execution of search. Yipee!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hello, I have a confession, I slipped two days this week, Saturday and Wednesday, it was in moderation, but a slip just as well. I thought about it, and told myself that at least it was not a full blown binge, but I know if I continue that is just a matter of time and I will be back where I was, no no no I don't want that!! So I dusted myself off and am back on the sober path, in spite of the slip I have made it to 20 days sober and then another 40 days sober since Feb.

LP- congratulations on the job, I am so happy for you, FT work is going to keep you very busy.

EQ- Sorry for your loss, and maybe you should mention to your father you are not ready to hear about his moving forward, I went through the same thing when my mom passed, my dad found a girlfriend soon afterward and it was disturbing for me, I couldn't wrap my head around the idea. My mom passed in 97, and I still talk to her, and miss her very much, my dad has a very nice lady friend now and my brothers and sisters really like her because we see how happy she makes him. It took time to accept these changes, nothing overnight. You have a right to have your feelings and to express them, you are still grieving.

Going to get the Allen Carr book from amazon, and read it today, you all inspire me and I am glad to see you are hanging in and staying sober. I am back to Day 1 again...xoxo
Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back faustina

Have a great weekend everyone
D
Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Dee: That is hilarious. The new American Gothic.

Faustina: Welcome back. Hope you keep posting. Also, thank you for your feedback. That was really helpful to me. I really appreciate you sharing that. Feel a little like I am losing both parents at once in different ways. It will all level out, I realize, but in the meantime, thanks to all of you for listening. Living alone with those kinds of conflicted feelings surely contributed to my drinking. It helps a lot to have something else I can do with those emotions.

JD: You are on your way!

I am babysitting my Grandson Saturday at my house instead of theirs. First time at my house. (they live 90 minutes out.) Sounds silly, but it is kind of special. He is coming to "Grandma's house!"

Will have to buy him an Easter Bunny!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds awesome EQ
And yeah I might keep this avvie for a while - it works LOL

D
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hanging in here, the end of day 1. My Allen Carr book will arrive on Monday can't wait to start reading it, I was going to download it, but I thought it would be better to have the book, it has great reviews.

EQ- how nice to have your grandson over, spend some quality time with your little guy, at your house. I am happy for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK guys... time for part 4

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D