Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 3

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Beginning Day 9 here. Today marks four years that employment woes began to take shape in my life. I was laid off, along with many others, from my firm four years ago today. It was the beginning of a downward spiral that is still not finished. Went from making great money to my, now, part time job.

Employment woes are not an excuse to drink, for me, since I drank even more when I was making great money and had a wonderful job.

Here's to a better future in sobriety and the economy.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Feeling a bit better than what i was yesterday ...had an appointment with my psych today it went well ...then i had to go to my sisters she was having problems with her relationship with her boyfriend /ex boyfriend ...so me and my husband had to deal with that ... was going to go to an open AA meeting tonight but cant now because my sister might be coming up to stay for a few days but i can make another open one on Saturday.
Think ill be fine until then anyway
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Evening all! Day 16 has been rather hectic and a wee bit stressful but still feel very far away from 'needing' a drink which is good! Had a pretty dodgy stomach this afternoon and as my big problem/ trigger for drinking was/ is my phobia of being sick I panicked a bit. I was working at the time looking after 3 kids and had to deal with lots of things I don't usually do because of the phobia (like handling raw chicken) but I coped, got all 3 kids fed, homework done and ready for bed (which is no mean feat as the 3 year old can be a little terror when she wants to be!) so am quite proud of myself for not freaking out! Hope you guys have all had a good day! x
Old 02-29-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. Day 2 for me. I started reading the Rational Recovery book- I haven't made it too far through as I've been reallllly tired. Thirsty and tired, that's me. I need to start eating healthier and working out in the next week. I found some thread here that are on those topics which made me happy!

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Illegal...I need to get that book!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats to all. Been super busy last 2 days and that's just fine with me. I've made a conscience effort to stop isolating myself. No need for it really, just got to be a habit. Life isn't a spectator sport after all.

Not much more to add,
Stay strong everyone.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey all, I haven't checked in since very early yesterday morning so wanted to say hello.

Rochele and LP: yay, you're back and not giving up!!! LP, i can so totally relate to your comment "Day 1, take 1001." It seems to be pretty common, which for me is quite refreshing.

Not much to say except I was really busy with work today and waiting to hear about a bid I put in on a Federal contract which could really change when/how often i work and the type of work I do. I've been in limbo for a while not wanting to take on new clients knowing that I might get this contract or even another, related contract and then I'd have to find someone else to help clients. Anyway, I should hear tomorrow about the contract and whether or not I get it.

It's out of my hands. I trust that everything will work out for the best no matter what. I really love this class and am glad to see everyone checking in. Hugs to all!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Three weeks today.

I woke up with a wicked sinus headache and was glad to at least know it was in no way hangover related!

I had to turn down an invitation to go this Friday night to a wine tasting thing at an art museum with a girlfriend. I just told her flat out that I had stopped drinking three weeks ago and I didnt feel quite ready for that situation yet.

I also am putting.money out for some repairs etc around the house this week as well as a few decorative things. I tell myself I am spending future vodka money that I won't need... So I better not drink!! As I have spent my drinking money!

Faustina: I am so impressed that you are changing jobs in the middle of this. Way to go!

Kam, I think it is so cool you are doing something new with your Mom. Mine taught me knitting etc too, and learning it from her is a sweet way to carry it forward.

JD, Good for you for getting back into life.

I have actually lost weight from not drinking. Its gotta be 200 to 300 calories less a day... Plus since I dont sit on my rear drinking at night, I think I burn more off by moving around.

I am glad I am finally less exhausted then the first couple weeks. And sleeping a little bit better , off and on. And so glad I have you guys! I would never have quit without you.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lilac, let us know what happens with the job. So glad you are making progress with the work thing! Great going!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 15, have to admit that my confidence was not in gear today, before I went for training at the new job, I felt like hiding, but it went well, and I made it through.

BF- congrats on 23 days.

Neuromancer- Welcome to the February Class 2012, checking on here daily really does keep you focused on staying sober for the day.

IllegalLeft- Welcome back, we need you here!!

EQ- Congrats on 3 weeks, I have some friends that want to go out, and I haven't really told anyone that I quit drinking yet.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Was doing something mundane this morning, can't even remember what it was, and out of the blue, "Hey Johnny, you've been a good boy for a while now, haven't ya?"

Yup, my old nemesis Alcohol came a knockin, wanted to know if I could come out and play.

"Sorry old friend, too busy today. Got snow to shovel, phone calls to return, a meeting I have to plan for, taxes to file etc...surely you can see how busy I've become." I said. My mind was also thinking of the 101 other things I had let slide during the last little while and plans to tackle them.

I turned to face Alcohol, to see what his reaction was to my brush off, and he was nowhere to be seen.

I guess keeping busy works.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It's after midnight, forum time, which means it's 1 whole month.

Stay strong guys.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations everyone

D
Old 02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congrats Johnny!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome March. I'm so glad to see you!

JD: Wow, congratulations to you on 1 month! Your momentum and your commitment are inspiring.Way to stare down your troublemaker.

Maybe everything I've let go is a blessing as it is helping me stay busy. Speaking of which, I am up at six. And I don't go into work today. And I am one of those grouchy people who hate the mornings.

Or am I?....

Congratulations to the whole class! We're in March! Woo~hoo!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

EQ, nice job turning down the wine tasting invite. Stay strong. It's good that you know your limits.

Faustina: I'm glad to hear you made it through job training. Hopefully, it'll get easier with each day and your confidence will grow!

JohnnyD: Right ON, way to shut that bad boy alcohol down!

Happy March, everyone!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

OPPS!

I goofed up concerning sober date folks. It's not today, but tomorrow. I had my last drink Feb 1st, which makes my real sober date the 2nd of the month. What was I thinking?

Have a great day guys, Johnny
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Still here in the Feb. club, by the skin of my teeth.

Missing Orbea. COngrats to everyone for their time. i see several have the whole month. Well done!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Earth Child

really want to use and drink right now ...but thankfully we have no money to get anything anyway so it will be out of the question
My husband reminded me how bad i got when i was drinking
it helped
Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hang tough, DarkAsylum. It will get better.