Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 8

Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Wiggle I'm with you. I don't want alcohol to have the upper hand for the rest of my life. It has contributed to the blind crappiness of my 20's. I'm 28 now. I want to spend the next 2 years sober. When I turn 30 I want to be in a healthy place mentally and physically. I want the rest of my time on earth to be spent sober and happy.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I wont have to be here when he gets home. I wont have to come into this house ever again, I wanted this house so bad and now I can't stand it!
Ugh, I think I deleted my post!! Anyway, Blackbird, Man, do I know that feeling. Its a euphoric yet sick to the pit of your stomach thing. You are so strong.

You are right, he is trying to control you. He is putting out some bait to see if you will bite. Stay strong girl- you are an inspiration.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Bratnik, don't you dare ever leave this forum! I am going to need you in future to tell me when and if I am being a *****!

Wiggle, thank you so much for your comments. I agree, it isn't free, that alcoholic minds let us think it shows how mad it is!

Paddy, thanks mate! Bloody miserable weather isn't it!

BB, you know what you have to do. It may be hard but you know. Life will be so much better when you take control. As a man I can tell you that asking a woman to say age loves him, he is really saying 'I am insecure, I am desperate for you to make me feel good about myself.'

Chimp!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Still here! Bad sleep last night and still have headaches. UGH My hubby was complaining about not being able to sleep last night and I so wanted to say that's what happens when you don't drink, but if I did then he would go and drink tonight. We have counseling session tomorrow, should be interesting...

Congrats all of you on so many days! I can't even keep track that is awesome. I can't wait to rack up all those days. Instant - congrats on 100!!! Classical, Buelah, Leeo,Pumpkin - what great warmth knowing you are still here sharing with us.

Chimp stay strong. Sounds like you have a busy weekend to keep your mind going. Remember all you need is to believe in you and everything will follow!

bb - I know what you are feeling and I'm so sorry. I really hope we can all move on soon and get to better places in our lives. Please just concentrate on you and kiddos right now and stay strong. You are in control of you!

3L - I'm with you on the Yoga - YES and yummy. Feels so good.

Wiggles, Paddy, Brat, Tues - my struggling friends. Happy Tuesday and another day sober. I feel like crap, I hate my job and its 100 degrees today, but we are all here and sober so its a good day.

TP - thanks for checking in with your confessions. Its shocking to add it all up!

For those of you looking for some good healthy recipes, I find a lot of my inspiration these days is coming from cooking. I go to allrecipes.com and they have some really good ones! Its nice to cook, keeps my mind busy and its so yummy. Last night, mushroom and cheese stuffed zuccini. Needless to say I'm working out tonight!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I have been struggling for a while I know that relapse happens well before the first drink. I am feeling lost. I just don't know anymore. I want to live the happy life with my daughter. I am finding that things appear to be so much more complicated now- without drinking. I know that is not the truth but it sure feels like it sometimes.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I am finding that I am afraid of everything. I don't know how to move past it. Anyone else ever feel this way?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Tuesday - hang in there. You need to find something to do, somewhere to go? Get past this wave. Its your mind tricking you telling you that things are too tough and you need a drink, don't do it. Tell your AV to SHUT UP and go have a nice strawberry lemonade! :-) We are here for you when things get tough and we won't trick you into anything but maybe chocolate...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Yes Tues - I'm afraid of what each day holds in store, but that is what keeps us knowing we are alive. After working for a coroner, I'm afraid of walking out my door most days, but that's what we have to do. We get up, put one foot in front of the other and keep going. You know what you need to do, don't be affraid to do it and make life better for yourself!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Thanks Squishy. I just get in emotional ruts and I can't seem to dig myself out. I will be ok though..just needed a vent.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I know I talk a good plan and can't seem to get my own life most times in order, but I'm really good at giving other people advice! LOL We keep pushing forward and there are sometimes large periods of time that are great and some that are not. We are all moving through those periods right now to get to the light at the end.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Squishyboots View Post
I know I talk a good plan and can't seem to get my own life most times in order, but I'm really good at giving other people advice! LOL
AMEN to that
Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuesday24 View Post
I am finding that I am afraid of everything. I don't know how to move past it. Anyone else ever feel this way?

FEAR

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
FEAR

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
NICE! I like that Leo!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

OOPS forgot to hit "Thanks" button on all my posts I just read.

CHIMP!!! I was in NO WAY telling you that!!! I'm so impressed and proud of you for what you are doing - i am just keeping you on track that the drink isn't as fabulous as you were making it sound. Man, can you write a nice description though Hope you got out for some fresh air and solace.

Tuesday - I think it seems our lives are more complicated without drinking - but really it's just cause we are dealing with things now instead of escaping. You bet - I know how it feels to be afraid of everything. I used to have so much confidence. I'll bet my husband is disappointed thinking that fiesty career woman he married disappeared. My thinking is becoming a little more positive again (Thank Goodness) and I am trying to tell myself that being afraid of things doesn't make them any different. I'm sitting here in Starbucks (I hate this coffee so much) sending out resumes for who-knows-what jobs and I'm worried less and less about "what they think". We have nothing to lose by facing the fears, and everything to gain. We're not going to get anywhere hiding from things.

And to quote my dear girl Squish - "...I"m REALLY good at giving others advice" - so take it with a grain of salt.

Stream, my friend, what's goin on? Just checking in.

WIggle, I"m so proud of you for having a sober morning. Way to go!!

I actually had a drinking dream last night. I've never had one before. I dreamt I was drinking and hiding a wine bottle while visiting one of my best friends and he found it. I woke up so freaking mad at myself, "really Anna? You did it again?" Maybe that's why I'm in a good mood today, because it didn't happen.

Blackbird - 1 more day. We're here.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Brat - I completely understand! I too was super career woman until the market dropped. For 10 years I was in biz development plus another 5 years of marketing and IT. Then the bottom dropped out and I had to start on the bottom of the pile again. I had never bothered with a degree because I had always found great paying jobs without it. I couldn't do that anymore and bit the bullet and started last year back to college to finish. I have two more years to go and its overwhelming, but I have to do it.

Funny thing though, after writing ad copy, techical help for software, speaches for CEO's of large companies, and even legal business documents, I was just told by my new boss (in government...) that "now that you are in college you will be able to put together a good sentence for this budget report." Really? wow - how condesending and rude. And he actually thought that was a compliment. AND oh yeah, I'm older than he is punk.

So facing fears - you have to do them forever, they won't stop. But when we come out on the other side stronger - we can say "HA!!! Take that!" and it feels really good.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Bratnik, I didn't mean that. What I meant was I liked your response to BB. I was thinking I could tell you some of the things I do and say and you could tell me what you think! :-) So, and I know the answer already but as an example - should I get mad with my gf because in her words 'she couldn't be bothered' to reply to two of my texts this morning? The answer is of course, you were being needy so get over it!

Bratnik, you star!

Chimp!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

some good advice and humor

Madea gives relationship advice - YouTube
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Classical - treat yourself. You deserve it!!! Look at all of the good things you have been doing for yourself. Time to show it off!

OH Chimp - I get it now - And it sounds to me like you answered your own question - didn't need my help on that one. :ghug3

Squish - ugh - what a punk. There was a lot of condescension in my job too, working under arrogant twits. Oh, no, no lingering bitterness here, really!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Anyone feel the earthquake? I did not but I guess it was quite widespread. Thoughts are with all.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I see on BBC there was an earthquake on the East Coast. I hope all are ok?

Classical, great post!

Chimp!