Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 8

Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Hi SB, what is bb? i hear milk thistle is good???
i am a nerd, BB is Black bird lol, sorry for being a di.k lol, i also love sept to Nov, there is always a good wind and it cool down a bit, mind you looks like we are in for a major storm tonight, batten down the hatches Ps and chimp
Old 08-22-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh what I would do for a good storm!!! Its been in the 90's I think for two months. Nothing like a good thunderboomer!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You know what guys and dolls, i joined here 26-09-2010(english date) and coming up for a year soon, if only i quit that day, that would be nearly 11 months sober and nearly a year under me belt. if only!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

OK Time for me to chime in. First off - I have no medical conditions and am on no medications. Some supplements can affect these so I'm not giving medical advice.

I love cleanses, I feel they help for me but everyone is different. I don't do liquid ones, just supplements. For me, eating well and taking the round of supplements is a good regimen to get me serious and feeling better. It could totally be a placebo effect - but it works for me. If you want more details, PM me.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

And PS - it's another week of triple-digit weather here in Dallas with no rain in sight.

So quit yer complain' y'all!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sb

Just looked on the BBC web site and major yellow patches in the rain clouds will post a link, they have given rain warnings out on the news

BBC Weather | SS14

go to the bottom and let it play the map over the next with days, sand bags at the ready??
Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yep Paddy, we are definitely going into my favourite time of year. There is something magical about coming to the end of another year. You look back but you also look forward. I suppose that is nature cleansing itself, just like a few of us (if not all) seem to be about to do (or are already doing).

Well my car is buggered. I went off to the printers and all was fine. I got back in, turned it on and the engine light was flashing, the car was juddering and it was difficult to accelrate. That is hassle I don't need right now, financially or in time but I will deal with it.

You know, I am a little **** (that will be rubbed out) when I am drunk! How wonderful it is that there has been no remores for 8 weeks now. It really is marvellous!

You are all a great bunch! I have this urge to tell you everything about me drunk but not now, I need to think it all through first. I just need to let it out. It isn't bad, no different to anoyone else really but I want to let it out. Maybe this cleansing is really taking hold, in and out!

Chimp!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

All right all right Brat - you are correct! You guys have had an awful summer of heat!

Paddy - you can look at it like that or you can look at it like look at how far you have come in 11 mos! I bet you did not go long stretches as you have this past year correct? I think you should look at what you have accomplished and the fact that you are here! Don't tease us with rain on a radar, that's not fair...
Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Yep Paddy, we are definitely going into my favourite time of year. There is something magical about coming to the end of another year. You look back but you also look forward. I suppose that is nature cleansing itself, just like a few of us (if not all) seem to be about to do (or are already doing).

Well my car is buggered. I went off to the printers and all was fine. I got back in, turned it on and the engine light was flashing, the car was juddering and it was difficult to accelrate. That is hassle I don't need right now, financially or in time but I will deal with it.

You know, I am a little **** (that will be rubbed out) when I am drunk! How wonderful it is that there has been no remores for 8 weeks now. It really is marvellous!

You are all a great bunch! I have this urge to tell you everything about me drunk but not now, I need to think it all through first. I just need to let it out. It isn't bad, no different to anoyone else really but I want to let it out. Maybe this cleansing is really taking hold, in and out!

Chimp!
Chimp could it be the cat converter? and what car is it??

Chimp you could always PM ME ? or call i would give my number to you
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Haven't had a chance to read through everyone's posts...I'll have to post again later, but I thought I'd share quickly my experiences with doing cleanses:

Vegetarian Times had a great article a few years ago...found it! http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/808 on doing a weekend detox. Not as intense as a cleanse but it's a good prep step.

When I've done proper cleanses (i.e. only lemon water and herbal tea) I've only ever managed a weekend, i.e. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday...I can't imagine trying to function over the work week on nothing! Luckily over my weekend cleanses if I felt worn down or got a headache I just lounged around in bed. That in itself was rejuvenating!

They can be great but they are definitely something that need to be planned ahead in advance so you have the time to be lazy, cranky, hungry and listless!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

cool lady! Might give it a shot this weekend. Would be better than boozing anyway!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

For BB and the others interested in cleanses/detoxes/fasts:

I've done an 11 day Master Cleanse. Just google it. You'll get LOTS of info on it. I dropped a lot of weight and probably muscle and some fat while doing it. That was about 2.5 years ago. Since then, I've quit the "cleanses" and all that. What I do now is called Intermittent Fasting... and in the all the nutrition/health circles, it's referred to just as IF Google that too.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone lots of great posts!!
I have been thinking about doing a cleanse as well. I would have to go away and live in the woods though.. I am a grumpy bear when I cant eat!!
Loved the Pics Buelah
Fall is my favorite season by far. I love it. Most people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them that lol - Lots of summer lovers in these parts.
It had been storming here non stop for about a week. The rain and wind is pounding the house. I think we are getting the remnants of a tornado from Ontario. How is the weather where you are TP?
To those who are struggling- keep going!! I have had many days recently where I find it hard to get out of bed and feel worse than I did when I was hungover..whats up with that?? Maybe I am depressed- I sure feel it some days.
Much love.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I am feeling a little hopeless here. I have known that I have a drinking problem for a long time. I have these ideas in my head of what my sober life can be like, it's almost like a dream. I love thinking about it. I want it so bad. I am only 26 and feel like I have wasted so much time already, I want to change NOW.... while still "young". But is that all I am supposed to be feeling to be able to quit? I don't know if I am just not ready or what, in my mind I am but why do I keep going back to it? I hate myself for this weekend. I know I want to quit - so is that good enough to get it done? Or am I supposed to have some kind of "awakening" or something? or hit a bottom? I am so confused right now...... sorry for my babble. Just trying to sort this out.

...all I know is that people on SR will say they fought and fought this addiction for months/years whatever, but one day it was just easy. Say they were finally "ready". Well, I am ready. But this isn't easy at all. So am I really NOT ready? I don't like the sound of that. At all. Great, I started babbling again.

I'm gonna get those books SJ recommended, maybe those will help me understand what is going on.

My apologies for this ramble! My head hurts now.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Squishyboots View Post
All right all right Brat - you are correct! You guys have had an awful summer of heat!

Paddy - you can look at it like that or you can look at it like look at how far you have come in 11 mos! I bet you did not go long stretches as you have this past year correct? I think you should look at what you have accomplished and the fact that you are here! Don't tease us with rain on a radar, that's not fair...
SB LOL, when it rains it rains here, and essex is the dryist place in England so we welcome it and means i got to cut the lawn the weekend, so it has its draw backs lol,a year on a and needed a brain op again to correct what i had 2 yaers ago, so not such a good year for me and still i drink!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

There is something about being "ready". Now... that may be different for different people. Not everyone goes through the same things to lead up to where they are. There is nothing at all in the world that says that you can't stop, right now, and the age of 26. If alcohol causes you problems, that is reason enough. Wiggle, I wish the best for you... please hop over and read the AVRT thread... maybe something there will click for you? I do recommend Rational Recovery. It is all about stopping "right now".
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wiggle- The alcoholic voice (AV) is telling you to drink. Don't listen to it!! I know what you mean when you say that you can picture the great sober life but cant seem to do it. I think that I expected to feel wonderful after a few weeks (dont get me wrong- I feel better) but it wasnt up to my "expectations". That can cause you to fail- it has for me. I have decided to take a different approach. I am going to give myself a year. I need more time to feel "normal" (if there is such a thing). I am going to do things in the mean time to help me achieve that goal (eating well, taking vitamins, ect) but I have come to learn that I cannot expect things to magically change. I am 27 Wiggle- just had a birthday ...we CAN do this.
Sorry if that seems like a ramble. I still have difficulty putting my emotions into legible thoughts.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks SJ. I do like AVRT. It makes most sense to me. I have been on the website, I need to get the book I think.

And I just wanted to mention that I am not giving up, I am just very confused.

No one thinks I have a problem but me, might be why I give in.... AV uses everyone's remark of "I don't think you have a problem" and shoves it in my face so I believe it.

But if drinking doesn't make me happy that is all that matters. I shouldn't care what everyone else thinks.

I just need to grow some balls.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

WiggleIn - I don't think it's necessarily easy for most. You are here, so there is an underlying reason why you want to obatin sobriety. There is no age to start this journey. And it probably won't happen overnight. There will be days that you feel you are being cheated of doing what every one else is doing, and days you want to scream because the urge is so strong, and that can lead you to say screw it, I'm drinking. But, that's what got us all here in the first place. We didn't know when to shut it down. Remember - starting this young, your body will thank you. Alcohol has a much worse effect on women than men...lucky us, eh? Not only do we get to feel like crap 5 days a month, but we have worse side effects from caffeine to booze. Do some reading on what alcohol does to our bodies, and you will be amazed. That was my main push. Health reasons and living lies to myself and others about how much I was drinking. Got tired of "hiding" it. Expect some bumps, emotionally, physically, and maybe some falls along the way. But, you won't be alone. It's okay to feel "confused" about this. But, don't ever think it's easy. Sobriety makes you feel good, and when you feel good, that is why it should be an "easy" decision to make when tempted.

Hugs.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grow balls...you'll make more money.