Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 61 - The Whiniest Part Yet

Old 07-30-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

well I took a shower and gave Sammy a bath in the kitchen sink,,so it's like i had 2 showers and some very clean washed kitchen counters....(a 2-fer). I washed him with that ultra expensive WEN shampoo...because "he" seemed jealous of the other 2 Poms that walk around here with ultra silky long hair....I have him cut short but it grows so fast he will have long hair next week. I washed him with a combo of tea tree and Almond Mint WEN....we'll see that his hair looks BETTER than the stuck-up silky Poms whose owner lets them pee-pee on everyone's flowers...(dumb biotch)...meow, meow. I walked him outside to air dry instantly as it's 90 degrees......he looks and smells quite good....kind of sweet and minty.

OK Ann I will try it the next time I make gravy, but if it does not come out good, I will hunt you down in Florida next winter.....I'm intrigued, who taught you this trick????

Off to my brother's house to bring him 2 boxes of K-cups for his party next week and stop at the farm market...it's all on the way....so I thought bring the coffee now. I don't trust him with the chocolates though, those are being locked up until his party.

my brother is the kind of person who makes himself go to bed early so he will stop eating....on the other hand, I would eat in bed.......he's too fussy.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy (kitty) must have disapproved of something you said, or else she wouldn't have resorted to such tactics.

I didn't know Italians called the "sauce" gravy until recently. I was very confused, thinking gravy was always brown - silly me.

Ann - I'm gonna try the coffee thing, but girl - it does sound weird.

Least - What newby said about the other pets - I hadn't thought of that - I hope they're taking it ok. Hope your pain is easing up a bit.

Manz - Wee Man is jealous of all the attention the new baby is getting. He'll be himself again.

Inda - You were a chef? It's such a crazy business, and so few make the big money like Emeril & Gordon Ramsay. It's so glamorized now, with all the cooking shows on tv. Mr. Hev is looking forward to retiring & laying down his spatula for the last time. He's been at it since right out of college.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

(((least)))

I am about to publish an article on how to live an alcohol free lifestyle. This comes from the social perspective. I have 2 more articles, in mind, to follow this. I would like any input from my fellow whiners as to how you have handled your social life in sobriety. This has been even harder than detox for me.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now just to clarify here...this applies to meat gravy not Italian red sauce stuff. Turkey, chicken, beef and I'm gonna bet pork too.

And Fandy, it was my mama's secret too. In those days there was not much choice in coffee, and she used the freeze dried when it came out (probably before your time, lol). She swore me to secrecy and I never breathed a word until my nephew busted me red handed putting the big spoonful of coffee in our Thanksgiving gravy.

It browns up any gravy and boosts the flavour tenfold.

Hugs to all the whiners, I hope you are all having a weather perfect weekend. And extra hugs to Least, just because.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

THANK GOD ANN HAS CLARIFIED THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! sheesh!!! i was thinking RED TOMATOES gravy....pasta sauce IS GRAVY in NJ!!! (just ask Tony Soprano and Silvio).

one of the cardiac fellows used to live across the street from me (Dr. Ricculli)...he once popped over to check LMF ears as she had an infection previously and was scheduled to fly that night with papa bear to Disney for a week...8PM, I ain't gonna call the pediatrician and pay $300. for him to look in her ears after hours.....

I had sausage, onions garlic and ground beef out to thaw on the counter...Nick comes in the kitchen to do his medical examniation and looks at the food...."you makin' gravy???? send me a sausage sammich tomorrow for lunch at work"!...i paid him in gravy.

the coffee makes perfect sense if it's a meat or turkey...but ME & HEVYN were gonna stick in the the tomato sauce!!!!!

Hevyn!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What's that you say? Don't put coffee in the red tomato gravy? I is so confused...
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Ahh swimming... so therapeutic... I encourage yall to try it. A great way to burn excess adrenaline, and escape the heat. If doggie paddling was in the Olympics I would have a gold medal

I have come to the realization that my sense of reality is so f'ed up the last thing I need is any mind altering substances
Old 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I was thinking this "gravy" thing was another English/American translation like "biscuits" (which I think are scones, not cookies). In my carnivorous days I had a recipe for chilli con carne which included a cup of brewed coffee and it worked well.

UO, I was talking to someone a couple of days ago about swimming and remembered how much I like it...I use it like yoga and breathe calmly, rather than as a sport. I had been told that our town pool is hopeless at night but have now been told that is only straight after work and so 8pm is good. And now I am sober and can drive then. (Does anyone else still feel guilty driving at night? I didn't drink and drive and so am not used to driving at night and always feel like I am doing something bad and watch for cops!). Also, if you want a cool toy, get a swimp3.

My computer is misbehaving. I am starting to wonder if my sober mind is making things blow up. I have replaced two printers, a phone and a monitor in my limited sober days this year. And my iphone suicided on its first day (but at least under warranty). I was hoping to enjoy the money I was not spending on wine on other stuff, not replacing gadgets!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

I always thought it would be nice to have waterproof earphones/mp3 player... didn't even know it existed...

So this person I made amends to... well... I thought I was in the wrong but now I have been reminded why my relationship with this person was sh*t anyways... and that reminds me...
"'This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done.' We avoid retaliation or argument, we wouldn't treat sick people that way... God will show us how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one" p. 67

Not so much anger, just frustration, disgust, and the thought comes to mind... "what the hell???"
I swear I just don't understand some people. He's not necessarily a bad person but damn, he lacks the ability to be straight forward, and me, being a very straightforward person, caused our "friendship" to be very bitter in the past. But this person's lack of ability to be straightforward is more than a nuisance, in fact because of it everything he says lacks credibility due to his constant trying to please everyone. It's my fault for being bothered by it, but damn, seriously... I can't take anything he says seriously because it's like he's just saying sh*t to fit in or please someone... He can never give you a straightforward answer, literally... even if it's something stupid, his response is always "IDK", or just some stupid lie... and I don't even understand why he CAN'T just be up front and honest and straightforward... it doesn't make any sense... I could understand once in a while, depending on the situation... but all day, everyday, 24/7, I don't understand why I am bothered by this but no one else is, everyone likes him but it's like I can see right through his BS. Some people like me, some people don't, but it's because I'm honest and straightforward. If I went around making sh*t up just to please everybody or pretending to be something I'm not just to please everyone I would be selling myself short.

I mean, like I said though, he's not a bad person, and I'm not necessarily mad or anything, nothing I plan on dwelling over... It just sucks because I guess I forgot how this person was, I just remember I called him out one time and well... I couldn't remember why until now... It was mainly a jealousy thing at the time though, but if some people can be so naive as to prefer someone like that and enjoy hanging around a suck up who can't think for themselves then so be it... I need to leave our friendship where it was with the amends thing and just back off... and stay away from said individual if it's just gonna cause me to pull my hair out... but above all... I guess the most frustrating thing for me is the fact that it's like I'm the only one who notices that crap... but I mean, he's got character defects just like me and I have to keep in mind that he is a sick individual (I am too by the way)... the only thing that makes me mad about the whole thing is just the fact that no one seems to catch on to that but me... I mean most people do but they don't seem to care... they are happy just listening to his BS... like.... haha IDFK
Old 07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My sweet neighbor is very sick, in her last weeks I'm sure. Had the option of surgery/chemo but said 'no, I just want to go home'. Went to see her today. She's much thinner than she was last time I saw her out doing errands a month ago. I feel so bad cause she's such a lovely lady and there's nothing I can do.

They've been my neighbors for 22 years now and I've never had any complaints about anything. They are wonderful people. I'll be so sad when she goes. And her husband will be devastated. They've been married 65 years last November.

So many bad things happening right now...
Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by underoath View Post
Ahh swimming... so therapeutic... I encourage yall to try it. A great way to burn excess adrenaline, and escape the heat. If doggie paddling was in the Olympics I would have a gold medal

I have come to the realization that my sense of reality is so f'ed up the last thing I need is any mind altering substances
You are WISE beyond your years Under-O...and as for your friend? He is dancing that side-step 2 step...I would recognise it anywhere. Mr. Fandy has many pair of those shoes...

it is hard to be patient for the Karma that will surely come one day...I think I am goingto live my life in the meantime?

GOOD GRIEF HEVYN!!! Ann almost made use ruin the good gravy!

On the East Coast of the United States...tomato sauce is referred to as "gravy" by real EYE-talians....Now to clarify, I am NOT Italian....(I am hungarian-slovak and look it, english was a 2nd language in my house growing up)...But the original Mr. Fandy was Sicilian and Northern Italian...on his mother's side, it was dominant....I learned to make Gravy from his grandmother...I still do it her way to this day....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Scones are biscuits in my book.....cookies are pastries....yes? :rotfxko

I should get a swimp3????? is this a vibrator?????
Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Well, I need to make new friends- I have been too patient with my old ones and it is time to move on... Not trying to throw a pity party, but they don't care about me, so why should I consider them friends? I mean I know some of that was my fault back in the day when I was using heavily but it's not entirely my fault... this recovery sh*t led me to think it was all me... but being sober and clear minded I am coming to the realization that the people I associated with are just as sick if not sicker than I was, they might not use drugs like I did but that doesn't mean they don't have issues...

now... how the hell do you make friends... I'm not sure I ever learned correctly

p.s. wild animals bite... hard
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Friendship comes easily when you engage with like minded people...notice how well you fit in here? Seriously, you have to get off of your buttismo and find people who like what you like....in school it is much easier than when you work 50 hours a week.

the bars are social places, but if you are not drinking, that's not the right idea....the gym, the coffee bar, internet cafes, get yourself together and get to the park, the beach and walk that dog in the dog park...your current friends have sisters who have friends, use them the to meet this women....smile, make eye contact, chat up the receptionists at the dentist, the stores, the car repair shop. take a 2nd look at your parents friends daughters....go on Zoosk, Match and other sites...there are some dating type sites that sponsor group events. see what the school is offering. and other schools.

Ann, i went back and ready your first coffee post...you were clear about it being a meat based gravy..but we were of the the thought of red gravy...whew! thanks for the tip anyway.

it has been a very long day.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Underoath - Listen to big sister Fandy. I know 2 people who met wonderful mates on dating sites. I never had the nerve.

Scones - my English grandmother made them, but I always found them rather blah. They were biscuit-like, but sweeter - of course, anything covered with butter is fine by me.

Least - So sorry you are having yet another sad thing to deal with.

I must bite the bullet & try to remove the cat family from this property soon. Kittens will stand a better chance of being adopted if they are still little. Would love to keep a couple of them, but our lab does not tolerate kitties.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

ah fands! payback! lol

i put fandy up to it

queeny are you using the coffee in brown gravy, or red, ahem, sauce?

i had to put my beloved springer farina down blasted out of my gord!

kudo's to you least on being sober

Hev, to us heel of the booters it's still sauce

augg, handling my social life sober?

"one day at a time"

and loving it!

ah (read down) got the clarification queeny, and that makes sence,

as gravy master has darkening agents in it

also, the germans use ginger snaps in sauerbraten gravy, or sauce

und, "Since defective relations with other human beings,

have nearly always been the immediate cause of our woes,

including our alcoholism.

no field of investigation could yield more satisfying and valuable rewards than this one."

comes to mind

more growing pains least,

for more wisdom down the line

love you lady
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

haha well I'm just looking for friends right now... not entirely sure I could handle a woman in my current state of mind... but I will see what happens... and dating sites aren't my cup of tea (not yet at least)... Yeah, my only current "friend" that has a sister is 15... I think they have laws about that sort of thing here.....
oh well, fall semester is coming up, and hopefully SA won't lead me back to eating kpins like candy and doing lines in the bathroom just to socialize
Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hugs to all whiners, been a long day.
Have skinned other knee, what am I 12 again?
Whine on friends
Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya whiners- hugs to all and I've missed you but wowza I have eye strain just from catchin' up with all the whines both here and at the tail end of Geezers' WA.
such prolific and profound whines are hard to beat...

I've been having assorted/various medical related issues happening almost at once...with accompanying (sp?) anxiety and some mega nightmares that would send Steven King to go hide under the bed. I guess I'm also dealing with some of the trauma related to this disease and how it has affected me this past year or two... as a loved one/family member.

The mr took some vacation days to hang out with me and help with some projects here at the house. I had an appt with my dr last week....& was a tad worried about it but it all turned out okay---all areas tested are normal.

Except for the fact that there is NO such thing as normal and I still feel crappy a good deal of the time....caution whiners this is OT:I'm grateful that there was no real bad or serious news about my tests.

So I had a very busy yet relaxing week here with mr cmc by my side for some moral support and R & R.

It's been just the right balance between being busy and at rest...shopping, eating out and just hanging around.

To catch up a bit on my whines:
My favorite little veggie mart/store just went out of business. Dang. They had the best and freshest stuff I've had for a long time. We went there yesterday and bought some of what was left- plus a cute little end table for $10...and this time I was thinking quite opposite of CYDAB...but wishing I could pay more to help out. It's now sitting in my kitchen looking like part of a matched set with my table and chairs- reminding me of the best peaches and zucchini I've ever tasted. It's a shame how hard it is these days for small businesses to survive.

And now for my whine de-jour---we all know how bad a paper cut feels....right? Seeming small and insignificant but it packs a wallop of pain. Well....next to that comes a cut from one of those metal blades on the aluminum foil boxes. Yep. Owie. @#$%^& My left thumb will never be the same. owchie wow wow
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
cmc

****** least }}}
I was so sad to learn about beagirl.
I'm praying for your sad feelings to fade and the good memories of happier times to gradually fill in those sad spots.
Please accept my condolences.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm sure that Dee thinks that I've forgotten his birthday.

Well...he'd be correct about that but I could never ever ever forget the day that mom and dad brought that cute little fella home and I _finally_ got to be a big sister. Those were the days.

So here 'tis Dee-bro:

These Happy Birthday wishes are 5 days late...hope it's not too late to celebrate.