Administrator

Class of June 2011 Part 6

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OOOH Part 6 Classmates!! I am so greatfull for each and every one of you

TP- I enjoyed your post. I cant access it now as it is on the other thread and I am not that tech saavy but I wanted to thank you for the things you said. Seeing people (or even hearing about it) so hungover really helps me solidify my sobriety. I NEVER have to feel that way again, for that I am eternally greatful.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello every one!

I've been the chicken with her head cut off the past couple days. But, I wanted to catch up with every one before we leave tomorrow for a long weekend of riding the motorcycles. Heading to the west side of Michigan to jump a ferry to Wisconsin, and then heading north up to the U.P. of Michigan, across the U.P., down across the Mackinac Bridge, and continue on home. Will be a great ride -haven't done this in years, so should be fun.

Any hoo - busy, busy class!

40 days today. I never would have dreamt it - thank you to all of you - couldn't have gottent his far without you.

Classical - what a great eye-opening trip for you! And sober the whole time! We are all so happy for you. There are still so many times I would love to have a drink, but I just know I can't. And as you mentioned and I've always said, I really use you all here as my reason why I can't. It may not be the right reason. But, it's the first one on my list. I have many other reasons, but you are all my inspiration to not have a sip. I agree that my biggest challenge is usually when I'm alone here at home. But, I have found when the urge hits, I just have to get into a project and stay busy. Sad part is, when I did that before, I always had a cocktail going. I tell ya - I can't pour a glass of tea fast enough. But, I can relate to what you are saying, Classical. Don't downsize your success on your trip! That was an accomplishment worthy of recognition! And thank you for all your "Buelah" posts...you made mine look short!

Tippingpoint - oh how I wish you were able to see the stars. But, I can relate. I grew up as a child in Detroit where Dad fought fires. So, I love the fact I live in the country now and can enjoy what the night sky has to offer. Toronto is a cool city, though. My hubby and I have been there twice. The Phantom was our main highlight the one time. We were so glad to see it before it left Pantages. The outdoor ice rinks are great, too. Just a cool city. Every time I read your posts about your running, my knees just ache. People think I'm nuts for putting 45 lbs of food, sleep quarters, and other necessities on my back for a week backpacking...but running...yowee! You are doing great it appears! AND YOUR PICTURES BLOW ME AWAY. Your eye is super for picking up the perfect shot. 50 days - congrats. Oh, and the eyeopeners of watching others what we used to do. It's almost a sigh of relief when you know you don't feel that way.

SoberJennie - I love the bracelet as well. What a fabulous idea! And the reasons behind why you picked those stones is really interesting. I think you've sparked a lot of interest in all of us.

Raquell - you sound like you are a on a great path. I am with you. I really enjoy myself a lot more sober. By being happy with myself, I'm enjoying everything and every one else that much more.

Oh Streamwader - my heart sank for you. But, thank you for coming to us. Your wife is so awesome. We have to remember, we make mistakes as an alcoholic or not. So, this is a mistake to be learned from. Nothing to lose sleep over, nothing to beat yourself up over. Just learn from it. I believe you did as your post said it all.

Bratnik - was good to see your post here. Same as Streamwader, get back on track, and pat yourself on the back for all the days you went without a drink. They still count for sobriety, just need to get back in the swing of it. You can do it as well!

Tuesday - you are a rock for your boating story. Isn't it amazing how that lightbulb goes on. I think mine was burnt out for many years. But, now it keeps coming on, and staying on, and I sit back and think , I did that? I just hope I can keep thinking like this.

Tuesday and Mariano - it is interesting what a good time was when drinking. I have been telling myself the same thing in regards to certain places we used to go. No thank you. Talk about having the beer goggles on.

Mariano - I also thinking letting people know of the journey if one can do so, makes it easier to handle temptation when it surfaces. We have been gradually telling people and it sure has made it easier next time we see them. Only a few have chided us in one way or another....but, guess what, they weren't the true friends, so I really didn't care.

Squishy - I hope your days get better. You so deserve it. If your husband and you both quit drinking....trust me...you will get a long better if you truly love each other. It's a given. But, you have to stick to it and allow your mind to be open. And I know you can do it. My hubby is at 32 days. Glad to see you have energy in you post today!!!

PaddyB - glad to see you are still kicking butt. Great job!

SweetNovember -
Relapses

I think the reason they happen isn't because we want to drink alcohol but because we crave that numbing sensation.
Boy, do I agree with that. Great way to put it. Hope you are doing well. Also, you will find when you think of others and help others, you will feel good about yourself. And you are helping others here by posting, so that is a reason for your heart to smile!

Congrats LTJimmie - thanks for the update!!!

Leo - 67 days - WOOHOO!!!

Instant - 79 days! You are a great inspiration for us all! I love what you said:
There is now less preoccupation. I am lighter and have more mental and emotional capacity. There is an "emptiness" to a degree but I am grateful for that because it is much better than the torment and anguish I had before.
So very true!

I hope everyone found some form of peace or happiness today that made them accomplish another day of sobriety. I was walking my dogs this morning, and thought of all of you and just was so grateful that you are all here. What a true blessing.

Every one enjoy your weekend - I won't be rambling on again until Sunday or Monday.

Hugs and Love to you all!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No word from Violet or MissDucky yet?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buelah View Post
No word from Violet or MissDucky yet?
No, and I've missed Blackbird's post for today. Did anyone notice her posting today?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No on Blackbird....Blackbird - how are you kiddo?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I am alive and well despite the chaos surrounding me. I hope everyone is well! i don't have much time to check all of the messages I miss since I am rarely online so feel outta the "clique" here, but will keep updating nonethess.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Jhay pleased it is all going well for you. Many of us do not post every day. We are all one, and you are in.

Don't write my obituary guys. I am not going anywhere soon. I am here daily as I think I swore a "blood oath" as a band of brothers some time ago. This thread and your support is vital for me.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry I misunderstood Instant. It sounded like you needed to separate for awhile. I appreciate your being here but support what you need to do.

I got through last night without picking up. This Sunday is 40 days. I really don't want to start over.

I ended up going to bed early and woke up grateful I didn't give in.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Classical - Wonderful milestone, congrats on 50.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Morning All!

Jhay - glad to see your post. Instant is right. Not posting every day is okay. In the beginning, we all needed it every single day. But, if our lives get busy and a post doesn't happen for a week or two or a month, we may start to worry a little. But, all that matters is that this group is like the old friend you call on to catch up on the latest and to give support to those that need it. I will make sure I always check in no matter what for that reason alone. Just because I'm doing okay, someone else may need a boost. And it comforts me to know that someone will be here for me as well when I need it.

Classical, I think it's healthy to not worry about the future. It's okay to plan for it as best as one can. But, worrying wastes precious time that you can be enjoying a moment. And we all have our memories in the past. It's okay to think about them - it's all part of history that has gotten us here today. We can't change it, so as said, don't live in it. I miss some of the drinking, but the trade off has been well worth the "sacrifice".

Everyone have a great weekend - gotta get us packed for our trip.

Be well!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Classical - woohoo on 50!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A few of us on round numbers today - im on day 60 I cant believe it!

Congrats Bluelah on 40 and Classical on 50 and everyone else no matter what day you are on they all count.

SweetNovember I know what you mean when you said about mostly drinking alone and pulling away from people - that is very much how I got. I really have no urge to do that anymore there is nothing attractive about it at all for me apart from the escaping bit but I need to feel the bad days as well as the good ones to simply be a normal human being again. My main problem or obstacle for the future I guess will be the social occasions. I really dont have barely any anymore but I hope that will change. On the odd times I did socailise I still did enjoy the drinking and I didnt really get into any trouble with it so those will be the most challenging times for me when they come up. Im just avoiding them as much as possible for now - will stick with AA for company for now. And you guys of course

Im not feeling the lonliness as bed today but it might hit me later. However I am getting some useful stuff done and have started my diet - I decided on the idiot proof diet as its easy to do in the summer, bascially meat and salad. Going to start exercising too and will begin with mostly yoga to help my stiffness and a little bit of heart raising stuff but gently to start its gonna take me a long time to get in shape. We have a team building thing with work at a gym in a month so I must do some work so I wont be totally embarrassed on the evening. There is drinks and a meal after as well and there is alot of talk about cabs and everyone being able to drink. I really dont know whether to tell them or not - at least it will get them off my back and I wont have anymore embarrasing moments like last time but the bosses are old fashioned doctors and I am pretty sure one of them in particular will hold no sympathy for an addiction. Still that is a month away - I better get back in today!

Paddy how are you doing? Guess you will be at work now but check in later and update us please. Sorry ive been a bit low and self absorbed the past couple of days but I really am so happy to see you chalking up days now and so proud of you.

I hope MissDucky, Blackbird and Violet are ok too.

Nealy everytime I post Instant you post while I am typing so I am wondering if you will have popped one in while I am doing this haha.

Buelah have a great trip - that sounds amazing what you are doing with your hubby. I hope one day I will meet someone special and can have adventures like that with him.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Buelah - And congrats to your 40 days. I never had a doubt.

And Pumpkin also. 60 days for you!

Last edited by StreamWader; 08-03-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Sorry Pumpkin, didn't want to leave you out!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm here. I've been lurking I suppose. Read all the posts but I didnt have anything useful to say yesterday. Just would have been whining... I have spared you all and you should feel lucky. I kept my nose in a book, "NO Rain" by blind melon could describe my general mood. I'm feeling a little more optimistic today...12 days since my slip.

Buelah- have a good ride. Your long posts are the best!

classical- the trip sounded awesome. When you find yourself alone with your movies and martinis on your mind we will be here for sure!

Jennie- I love the bracelet as well. Might steal this idea..... So I can just glance down and be proud of myself for something. Are the metaphysical properties of the stones affecting you? can you feel a change? And thanks for thinking of me as always

SW- You are amazing. I love the positive vibes of your posts these days.

TP- I want to sit on the bench with the sun shining through. I love to look up at the sunlight streaming through the trees and have often thought of capturing it through artwork. I used to paint. But I gave it up along with a bunch of other stuff I used to enjoy. Perhaps Its time to break out the oils.

jhay- no cliques! you are welcome here. please dont feel otherwise

Pumkin Soup- Sorry you are feeling lonely. I'm happy that you are starting your diet! small changes add up. The lawn fertilization company sprayed for weeds and killed my pumpkins! I dont know if I mentioned this or not. It made me so happy to see them flourish and take over the entire garden. It made me think of you. booo "True Green."

much love to all the rest!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain

And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
and speak my point of view
But it's not sane, It's not sane

I just want some one to say to me
I'll always be there when you wake
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape......escape......escape......

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
ya don't like my point of view
ya think I'm insane
Its not sane......it's not sane
Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I'm here, I'm still bloated tired and have a headache, but HEY I'm sober and guess what? So is the hubby. Two days now for him. We are having trouble sleeping but we are getting there. I don't know if this is long term for him. I think he thinks he will just stop during the week, but one step at a time.

I have to catch up on this entire page! You are guys are all so busy before I even get to work in the morning and I get here at 7 am - goodness! :-)

I have sent notes to Ducky and Violet and no answer. I hope they are ok.

I'll jump back on in a bit. I am just so happy to be here and sober today even though I still feel like crap. Life is good....
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Blackbird & Squishy - So good to see posts from the both of you.

Hello Bratnik? Missing you.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

OMG Stream - you made me cry with that (classical, you are soooooo ruled out as the crybaby of the class). Thanks for asking about me.

Mom is here. When I lived in NYC I was going home to see my mom about 10 years ago and was in a cab going to the airport at some ridiculous hour (6 am esaver rate) and my cabbie said "where are you going" and before stating my destination I said "to see my mom" and he says "OHHHHH there is nothing like a mum". I always remember that. (I'm big on quotes, if you guys haven't noticed!)

Guys, I'm well. Pumpkin - I'm always going to follow your dates b/c you and I were on June 5th together!!! Everyone, CONGRATS on your milestones!!! I'm so totally proud of everyone! It keeps me focused.

Things are going well here. Fun to spend time with Mom when neither of us drink. We are listening to Amy Winehouse having coffee. Mom is 71, and with Amy in the news, she is now a big fan. Cute.

Go Class - keep makin' me proud!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Squishyboots View Post
I am just so happy to be here and sober today even though I still feel like crap. Life is good....
Aww bless - I hope you feel better soon - great outlook though.

Thanks bratnik - nothing like a bit of pressue to keep me on the straight and narrow haha.

Blackbird - oh no the pumpkins!!!! How awful. I cant see how a company that sprays weedkiller can call itself "True Green" Huh!